RADS error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joseff Stylin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2011

Still have an error here and it's killing me. I have gone through this entire thread, as well as others, and tried every solution.
Here's my log:

Quote:
( USER)[15:14:21.421] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.226)
( USER)[15:14:21.421] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Running at 15:14:21 on 12/18/2011
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.421] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Command line: "updateandrun lol_launcher LoLLauncher.exe"
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.421] RADS::Common::LocalFileSystem::CreateDirectoryA: (C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp)
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.781] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Executed from root folder with correct name, not an update.
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.781] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::HTTPConnection: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.781] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Connect: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[15:14:21.781] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: ("/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version", "C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp\TMP142.tmp", RETRY, 0x00000000)
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Out of date. Latest version is 16777444 and current version is 16777442.
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: ("/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe", "C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/rads_user_kernel.exe", RETRY, 0x00000000)
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::CRT::fopen_s: ("C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/rads_user_kernel.exe", "wb") failed: Permission denied
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::ErrorMessageMap::ErrorMessageMap: locale: en_us
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Access is denied.
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Failed to open C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/rads_user_kernel.exe
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 1
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::CRT::fopen_s: ("C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/rads_user_kernel.exe", "wb") failed: Permission denied
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Failed to open C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/rads_user_kernel.exe
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 2
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Failed on /releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Failed to download updated executable.
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection:isconnect: ()
( ERROR)[15:14:22.000] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: SelfUpdate failed.
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::User::ManagedFileHelper::Release:
( DEBUG)[15:14:22.000] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Returning 0xc1e90005
( USER)[15:14:22.000] WinMain: Connection lost to HTTP server. Please check that your Internet connection is stable, and that HTTP connections are not being blocked by a firewall.
It was working perfectly last night. Now I can't even run the patcher.

Malthinae

01-14-2012

absolutely NOTHING i do or try is working.

it worked fine yesterday, and now today i cant get even the launcher to open up..

I just get that stupid effing RADS error. Please, someone help me before i put a fist through my screen.

"could not connect to HTTP server. Please check internet access and make sure your firewall isn't blocking access"

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suisida

01-22-2012

tengo un gran problema con el League of legends lo jugaba normal mente pero en ingles . pero baje una vercion en espaņol y lo instale no me tomaba ninguna de las cuentas ta lo desinstale al juego y lo instale en ingles de nuevo pero igual no me toma las cuentas hasta hice una nueva y tampoco que puedo hacer . gracias

HolyAvox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suisida View Post
tengo un gran problema con el League of legends lo jugaba normal mente pero en ingles . pero baje una vercion en espaņol y lo instale no me tomaba ninguna de las cuentas ta lo desinstale al juego y lo instale en ingles de nuevo pero igual no me toma las cuentas hasta hice una nueva y tampoco que puedo hacer . gracias
what does this say??? i don't speak foreign

rasomonac

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateDion View Post
"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=ja

Just download this and install it

Should be fixed"

This worked for me. Might've been overlooked by people, it was on page 14 after all.

Hope it helps others.
This worked for me, i downloaded and installed it, rebooted pc and the patcher started.
Thx alot ^_^

Enter Tragedy

02-24-2012

you can't fix this problem. It will reoccur eventually. I have found that the rads_user_kernal.exe file will randomly be missing from the rads folder inside the lol folder. You can download it and place it there. mine disappears daily just about. Still even after doing this it will often fail. Just restart it 2-3 times then restart your computer and try it again. This is the only way I have found to get around it.

Joebeee

05-01-2012

how do you do this?

From the following link: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=191365

To fix my game, I moved my league of legends to C:\Riot Games... And applied solution #1. This seemed to take care of the RADS error with the new client, as well as any 'missing maestro.dll or library.dll problems, then my game updated as usual. (using windows 7, 64 bit)

Solution #1
1. http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/...ser_kernel.exe
2. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file.
3. Try launching it again

PLEASE GUYS I WANT TO PLAY. ITS THE VARUS PATCH AND I SAVED 6K FOR HIM. PLEASE

Murdalizer1

05-03-2012

I can never play when i want to. I alrdy moved it and replaced the file. It fixed it for a little bit but then im getting it again. sum1 pls halp?

Vescu

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip372 View Post
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=ja

Just download this and install it

Should be fixed

Worked for me thanks

english version can be found here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5638

kid krazee

06-21-2012

okie i try to click the game and this thing pops up titled-RADS error- and it says-could not connect the HTTP server. please check that your internet connection is enable and that your firewall is not blocking access-- and im internt it fine soo idk plz help! >.>