[Guide]Taric: the crystal snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ironblades

04-18-2011

why is bravery considered an actually build?

urmamasllama

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironblades View Post
why is bravery considered an actually build?
we had never heard of bravery before we made this guide then one of our friends asked us the same thing you did my friend uses this in real games not trolling or anything he wins games because of this build

mga159

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Dread View Post
I think the quints are a waste. Is that 3 gold / 10 sec with all of them? That's only 18 gold a minute. I'd much rather have virtually anything other quint.
this build is made to lane with a strong carry and I let them farm for gold while we zone the enemy which means I get very little gold the quints are my way of compensating for this and let the carry get as strong as possible if you can run on the assist gold and still zone fine use other quints it get i can go for 28 min go 6/1/10 and only get 10 creep kills (see ss on build) so I need the gold

Quote:
Exhaust seems less than ideal on Taric. You have good CC already. personally I'd rather have ghost, flash or cv.
the improved Exhaust at lv1-5 can cut mr Armor ratio down to 5% and slowing them dramaticly for ez kills early game again feeding your carry and getting you gold and stacks and if their jungler ganks you have 2 CC's to spread around, late game it can cripple a carry allowing you to stun a nuker or healer

Quote:
You should drop greed and get the mastery for clarity. Greed is pretty worthless as a mastery but improved clarity is diamonds on support champs. Taking good hands mastery when you're stacking snowball items is... strange. On one hand you're planning on dieing and on the other, you're not. I'd put those points into Perseverance first.
greed again I need the gold and my frinds either play AD carries that are not mana hungry so they dont need clarity or they take it because they're not laning with me I take the spell so I can lane for a long time, then late game I can run my ult and still cast spells but some times when i'm with a lot of casters I only put 1 in expanded mind and take the insight

Quote:
The skill order seems odd to me. Why are you maxxing Dazzle first? The stun length doesn't increase just damage and the cooldown is reduced. The other skills are more important. I much prefer 1 point in dazzle at one, then go Radiance > Shatter > Imbue. Dazzle gets brought up last. Dump more points into imbue earlier if you find you need to heal a lot.
i max dazzle first for max cdr, I can stun more often so my carry can get free hits that much more and my lane mates usually take Exhaust also so we can stun Exhaust,Exhaust,stun or stun the new target because the first ones dead and he stuck around to try and stop us. I usually keep the enemy team on the ropes so my healing is usually enough but if they put me on the ropes i do take more in healing and shatter than the others but if you and your lane mate are doing it right he'll be fed and so will you so your higher heal and shatter shouldnt be needed till later you are probably used to a defensive support while this is a offencive support relying on stuns and exhaust early game then ult stuns and harrass late game

Quote:
The item build is curious. It could work on Taric as you're tough for a support champ but with this build you're playing more as a tank I guess? Isn't mana regen a major issue early game? I don't feel like I can do my job with taric without taking a mana regen item first. Three snowballs plus Taric's utility should get you focused every time but you have a very small mana pool to run your ult with and you have no mitigation beyond shatter. I would think focus fire would still take you out relatively easily and you've given them every reason in the world to focus you.

Plus with him having a built in aura from shatter it just kind of makes sense to stack more auras on him. I approve of your Aegis but I personally try to add at least one more aura in the form of Stark's or Sould Shroud depending on what my team needs. It's also fun to get offensive with your auras and get abysal or frozen heard.
ok now lets go over the items one at a time
Mejai's Soulstealer- ap and cdr if you get enough stacks and is part of my "40 foot neon flashing sign"
Leviathan-health and 15% reduction if u get 20 stacks also part of my "40 foot neon flashing sign"
Sword of the Occult-damage which helps with mana regen and movement speed at 20 stacks and again part of my "40 foot neon flashing sign"
Mercury's Treads- mr boots and i cant heal or stun ppl if im stunned
Aegis of the Legion- helps team and keeps me alive
Randuin's Omen- anti attack speed reducing the effectivness of madreds i like poping it in a team fight for some more cc but this item is not set in stone i some times swap it for Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel depending

this took me an hour to type
and i had my friend edit it

Dane Dread

04-19-2011

Yea its pretty obvious that we play Taric with very different styles. I do think you could make some changes to this build that would make it better but I haven't played it yet so this all pure theory.

Quote:
this build is made to lane with a strong carry and I let them farm for gold while we zone the enemy which means I get very little gold the quints are my way of compensating...
I see the rational for taking greed and the gold quints. I just don't think they're effective enough to actually use them. Quints and greed give 4 gold/10. A Philosopher's stone or Heart of Gold will give 5 gold/10 for around 800 gold. I'd rather steal a bit of farm and get one of those rather than use my quint slots and a mastery point for inferior bonuses. You're already going to need Heart of Gold for Randuin's so its not an extra expenditure, its just a re-ordering of items.

I think Taric's farm problems can be solved with an early gold / 10 item or two and being a little less unselfish during laning. There should be some last hits your carry can't get unless he's god like in laning. Take those.

If you come out of laning gold starved, shattering the wraiths or wolves whenever you run by can bring in some OK gold. Shattering a huge creep wave is great too but usually your carry will scramble to take that.

Quote:
he improved Exhaust at lv1-5 can cut mr Armor ratio down to 5% and slowing them dramaticly
Exhaust is good. I'd rather it be on the carry. I personally run clarity/ghost or clarity/cv on Taric. This one is probably just a matter of playstyle. It's a good summoner spell, I just prefer others. Either works.

Quote:
max dazzle first for max cdr, I can stun more often so my carry
I guess I don't see much difference between a stun every 14 seconds and a stun every 11 or 12 early game. It's still long enough you aren't going to get it off twice in a fight very often. More armor (for your carry too), more armor reduction and more damage from shatter on the other hand I feel can change an early game fight.

Quote:
ok now lets go over the items one at a time
Mejai's Soulstealer- ap and cdr if you get enough stacks and is part of my "40 foot neon flashing sign"
Don't get me wrong. I see the 40 foot neon sign affect and I'm very tempted to add a Mejai's to my Taric build and see how it works out. I wouldn't take it as far as 3 stacking items.

It looks to me like you use Taric for more tanking than I would. If I need to main tank, I usually just pick a different champ. I like 2 forms of cc (hopefully one AOE) when I play a main tank. All though I guess you got that with improved exhaust.

I use merc treads and Aegis on Taric just about every game I've played with him. No complaints on those items. Randiun's is also great and I use if frequently on tanks but rarely on Taric. I prioritize his support and aura abilities over his ability to tank.

Don't get me wrong, I'm curious about using the snowball items to draw attention so you can tank better. I'm not sure I'm sold on doing it on a support/tank hybrid but I'll probably give it a go sometime. It's an interesting build but I'll probably make the changes I discuss here when I try it out.

urmamasllama

04-19-2011

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm sold on doing it on a support/tank hybrid but I'll probably give it a go sometime. It's an interesting build but I'll probably make the changes I discuss here when I try it out.
great feedback we can't wait to hear your results on it if you want some gameplay to go off of i have a few replays i could send you if you use lol replay
one other thing, mga has been forgetting to tell you that he absolutely hates pushing a lane and zones and every opportunity

urmamasllama

04-20-2011

still want more feedback i hate how little traffic G&S gets

Preference One

04-22-2011

I love this build. Taric doesn't farm that well, and if you are farming with him you're doin wrong all together. If there is a huge mob of creeps ready to be farmed at your 2nd tower, let the carry grab the loot. This build gives everything he needs, on the cheap. Once you get around 10 stacks on Levi you become an unstoppable force. The best thing is, this forces the other team to attack you, allowing your carries to attack freely. Many internets to you my friend.

My only change was I switched out Randuins for Guardian Angel to help keep stacks, but Rand is always a great item to have.
This last slot could go so many ways depending enemy comp (Banshees, GA, Randuins, Frozen Heart, Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape)

Edit:
My runes were Spell pen reds and quints, Health per level yellows, and CDR blues.
I maxed my heal first though, for more survivability while building stacks

Mambazo

04-22-2011

Do this on akali if you're gonna do it on anyone. Or at least skip the sword of the occult if you're gonna do it on taric. Maybe you like this build and it works for you, but there are vast improvements that could be made if you want to do even better.

urmamasllama

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post
Do this on akali if you're gonna do it on anyone. Or at least skip the sword of the occult if you're gonna do it on taric. Maybe you like this build and it works for you, but there are vast improvements that could be made if you want to do even better.
if you had read the whole guide you might get it but anyway let me exlplain why you need soto its not because this was a bravery build had never heard of it when i made this guide the reason soto is in here is for tarics passive that extra damage means a ton of extra mana it makes him a serious threat not to mention move speed is handy

urmamasllama

04-25-2011

bump