[Guide]Taric: the crystal snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

04-16-2011

I wrote this guide for a friend of mine MGA159 that was the creator of it and before i show you the link to it i have to give a disclaimer,
THIS BUILD IS SICK AND WRONG AND DERSERVES TO GO TO THE SPECIAL HELL RESERVED FOR CHILD MOLESTERS AND PEOPLE WHO TALK IN MOVIE THEATERS

with that said this build is still very inexplicably effective however I do try my best at explaining how it works

here it is go look at it http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...snowball-69257

also as an afterthought when he designed this build neither of us had even heard of a bravery build so don't go thinking that is how it was discovered and no I am not trolling i do have SS but its on my other computer and I am lazy

any ideas for a better runes set will be taken into consideration given that the current ones are silly

Attila the LOL

04-16-2011

If this build is being pushed because Taric has so much survivability, there are champions with much better survival skills whom most wouldn't want to try this build on. I'm a fan of the concept, and it's a fun silly build, but I'd be overjoyed if I saw an enemy Taric trying this.

urmamasllama

04-16-2011

well we know it wouldnt ever work in high elo but in our range 1100-1400 elo it is sickenly effectlive im not even the one who plays this i am merely a witness

mga159

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the LOL View Post
If this build is being pushed because Taric has so much survivability, there are champions with much better survival skills whom most wouldn't want to try this build on. I'm a fan of the concept, and it's a fun silly build, but I'd be overjoyed if I saw an enemy Taric trying this.
you say that now but whats your counter? and we can discus its effectiveness

mga159

04-16-2011

i really want people to check out this build i know it looks ******ed but i standby its effectiveness
also we have posted SS proof if you need more we do have replays

Daryl3000

04-17-2011

I'm bored. Will attempt this and fail miserably.

mga159

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl3000 View Post
I'm bored. Will attempt this and fail miserably.
we would love some feedback and if you find it to work too please send us an SS

urmamasllama

04-18-2011

must...
keep...
thread...
... alive...

Dane Dread

04-18-2011

I think the quints are a waste. Is that 3 gold / 10 sec with all of them? That's only 18 gold a minute. I'd much rather have virtually anything other quint.

Exhaust seems less than ideal on Taric. You have good CC already. personally I'd rather have ghost, flash or cv.

You should drop greed and get the mastery for clarity. Greed is pretty worthless as a mastery but improved clarity is diamonds on support champs. Taking good hands mastery when you're stacking snowball items is... strange. On one hand you're planning on dieing and on the other, you're not. I'd put those points into Perseverance first.

The skill order seems odd to me. Why are you maxxing Dazzle first? The stun length doesn't increase just damage and the cooldown is reduced. The other skills are more important. I much prefer 1 point in dazzle at one, then go Radiance > Shatter > Imbue. Dazzle gets brought up last. Dump more points into imbue earlier if you find you need to heal a lot.

The item build is curious. It could work on Taric as you're tough for a support champ but with this build you're playing more as a tank I guess? Isn't mana regen a major issue early game? I don't feel like I can do my job with taric without taking a mana regen item first. Three snowballs plus Taric's utility should get you focused every time but you have a very small mana pool to run your ult with and you have no mitigation beyond shatter. I would think focus fire would still take you out relatively easily and you've given them every reason in the world to focus you.

Plus with him having a built in aura from shatter it just kind of makes sense to stack more auras on him. I approve of your Aegis but I personally try to add at least one more aura in the form of Stark's or Sould Shroud depending on what my team needs. It's also fun to get offensive with your auras and get abysal or frozen heard.

That's definitely not my Taric play style but if it works for your buddy, more power to him.

urmamasllama

04-18-2011

hold on i will get the designer to get on the thread
we have been looking for someone to take this build seriously glad we could find one

actually he was mentioning to me that i had put up the skill order wrong
also if you will notice when he is laning isnt isnt going for cs the way my friend plays taric he needs the gold but
i only typed out the guide as he dictated so i cant give you the best explanation

but i can explain the time dead thing it has to do with a bit of math
comparing comparing perseverance to good hands and the basic gist of it is that unless you are ryze and stacking mana like is going
out of style its not going to give you very much extra mana. with 4k mana you would only get 160 extra but 10% less time dead is huge in late game is 6+ seconds
i actually am the one who told him to do that he used to think that perseverance was better too.

thinking about it i think he fixes the mana problem by having sword of the occult. the high AD giving you back a ton of mana especially while ulting