Help Me Stop Failing At Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Okay seriously, his dying like his hobby or something? I have NO idea what I'm doing wrong, my build is:
Boots
Berseker's Greaves or Mercury's Treads
Infinity Edge
Blood Thirster
Phantom Dancer

And all I do is well, die. I have crit damage runes ( +20% crit damage, not finished, and I'm 21/4/0. )

inept

02-26-2010

hes arguably the worst character in the game atm. and going boots first is really, really bad on just about every character except TF

you need some lane staying power since hes so weak in lane, grab doran shield or regrowth

SalDarkSeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

im not sure how to play trynd but ill be glad to play a game or two for you and learn
then give some ideas

we should play a couple games together im sure it wont take long to figure it out
but im at work right now so need to wait till i get home

redefined

02-26-2010

First off I will say I do not play a lot of Tryndamere but one of my buddies uses him as a main. For runes i think your need to be shooting for attack speed not crit or crit dmg. Also Tryndamere is very weak early on so play defensive he really shines mid to late game once he gets some dmg items. Just try not to feed early and really practice when to rush in and use your ult and when to just stay back. I think this might help you.

SalDarkSeed

02-26-2010

i wouldn't say boots first is bad on all but tf my frined plays ryze and well he gets like 20+ kills if he gos boots first
ya ya its only ryze but just sayin
but i will agree with you for trynd yes lol

Samus Araan

02-26-2010

Tryndamere is unplayable at the moment. Even with +20% crit chance rune page he gets exhausted ignited and dies. Cleanse is not enough to make him viable. Only a bad team will lose to Tryndamere. Wait for the inevitable beef.

WarBirth

Recruiter

02-26-2010

item builds are not really the problem its more just how you play him. you have to play him kind of like a carry on dota just farm all game till late game because you are pretty much **** early/mid game but if you get farmed well and you are good with his ult he can be a beast late game but unless youre playing an arranged game with people you know can atleast not feed a 4v5 its not really a great idea also if you dont play with cleans dont even think about picking tryn because CC = dead tryn. so for now id just stay away from him till they buff him (assuming that ever happens) because he is pretty weak ATM.

SkepticalMind

02-26-2010

Tryndamere is a broken champion, he's completely unplayable against even a mildly competent team. There's no secret build to making him work nowadays, he's worthless. I love Tryndamere, definitely my favorite melee champion and still my second most played from back when he was playable.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to make him viable at the moment. One thing I can suggest from playing around in practice games is that Spirt Visage does wonders in the laning phase. Getting it as early as possible along with Bloodlust gives him a really beefy heal that can stand up to all but the most extreme harrassment.

Also, never use any summoner spells aside from Cleanse and Ghost. Even with both of these, you'll be lucky to get more than a few swings off in a team fight. Without them you'll never reach anyone on a good team.

Zeero

02-26-2010

Wow the amount of misinformation and ignorance by some of these responses is just funny.

I have played Trynd as my main for about 90 some odd games. I feel like I have a VERY good grasp on how to play him and how to fight against pretty much every champion in the game. (minus the two latest, since I have been branching out and playing other champions recently)

There are a couple of key things that you need to do when playing as Trynd:

--Get dodge runes to fill up your yellow slots, it really helps a lot when you run in for last hits and big crits on people.
--Get at least +30% crit dmg from runes - Trynd is pretty much all about getting big fast crits on people. He really doesn't have much else so you need those crits to hit HARD

--One thing to remember when playing as Trynd is that you have to play him as a kind of melee jouster. Especially in the early game he really doesn't have much but auto attack and the chance at a big crit (which will take most champs to half health in a single hit with +40% crit dmg).

--You need to run in and last hit creeps whenever possible and always try to get an auto attack off on champions that move too close or get overly aggressive.

--Your biggest strength as Trynd is the fact that you function well on low health and tend to do well under heavy harassment. Always level bloodlust first whenever possible to help with this. It saves your life and keeps you in the lane phase longer. Once you get even just one avarice blade it is fairly easy to keep bloodlust up be able to keep yourself fairly healed up.

--Unlike most champions Trynd actually does better when he is hurt. Always remember this. Don't shy away from a fight just because you are low on health. A quick spin slash behind someone, mocking shout to snare them, and most champions are in some serious hurt when you start dishing out the big crits.

--Trynd is a champion to play if you want to play mind games with people. I can't even count how many time people over extend, over commit, or tower dive on a low health Trynd only to have him ult and kill them effortlessly. Your ult is the ace up your sleeve. Never use it early and always wait as long as possible for people to over commit in killing you. It's not uncommon to be able to burn two people down during a single ult if you are almost dead since every hit will be a huge crit.

--Learn how to use spinning slash effectively. It is an amazing skill for initiating, fleeing, jumping terrain, chasing, and farming creeps.

--I live by Ghost and Cleanse on Trynd. Ghost lets you easily escape crazy situations, Ult => Spinning Slash => Ghost and you are out of there. It also lets you easily run people down like Master Yi, Kassadin, people with flash, etc. With Ghost and spinning slash it is nigh impossible to escape a good Trynd. Cleanse on the other hand saves your life constantly. Cleanse poisons just before your ult runs out so you don't die. Cleanse roots and gib those squishy casters like ryze or veigar. Cleanse stuns that would negate your effectiveness while ult'd the uses are numerous.

That is all I can think of for now. Hope that helps.

Kanj

02-26-2010

I agree with everything in the last post.

But here's a little more about the ult.

The advantage about Trynd's ult combined with his passive that cannot be expressed in stats is the way it changes the motion of team fights. If you play with a decent team against another decent team you know the importance of gaining momentum. I'm sure everyone's seen those situations where your team could have won a team fight but someone wussed out and started running. One runs and for some reason everyone else does too. All of a sudden as a team you went from on average dealing say 500 damage per second to doing 0 damage per second and the other team is chasing doing say 200 damage per second.

Here's where the usefulness of the Trynd comes in. It's hard to know when to push against Trynd. When other hero's are at low life and running away with his team, its typically a good time to push. But you second guess because Trynd hits harder at this moment. If you're confident that you can kill him before his hard hits kill you, you may still decide to hit him. After your team dedicated mana and cooldown time on hurting him. His ulti comes on and the question rises again whether to push against him. If you do push you're going against a 1 hp trynd who with 4 items crits like 75% of the time doing 300-400 damage per hit. Not only that but the rest of Trynd's team no longer is running, because for some strange reason when Trynd ults, the rest of a decent team stops running and spams skills at you. You're now officially in THE situation where you don't know whether to run or stay. And if you're experienced with team fights, you know that this is one of the worst team mindsets, when some teammates think it's time to run and the others think it's time to finish off trynd with a chase deep into their teams control area. You might think at this point that well of course you would retreat. The other team is going home anyways, you have time to slow push/kill neutrals/whater: why risk pushing against the criting beast and his spamming team when half of your team already said bye bye to the fight. Here's the problem tho, trynd mass slows EVERYTHING that turns their backs against him. If you stay you can't out dps him, if you run you can't outrun. This is the mindgame's ULTIMATE reward: a team that can't decide.

If you're a new player, you might not see the significance of a team that can't decide. But if you've played enough, you've probably seen it make or break comebacks or pressure plays.

However, the Trynd I just described is has perfect timing, knows his team will support, knows when to turn around by seeing large spacing between the enemy team's players and many other ques. This is why he is hard to play. You either lead your team to an ace, or you kill yourself for seemingly no reason at all. His difficulty bar is full for a reason.