matchmaker should account for how many times you've played a hero

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jong

08-25-2009

I usually try a new hero when I get bored with one that I'm good at, which usually means that I try the new one the day after I play a bunch of premades the night before in which I own.

Why is this bad?

The matchmaker puts me in advanced games, while I'm only trying to learn a new hero. As I only solo queue when I'm trying a new hero, this causes a lot of frustration for the rest of the team, and then they flame in game, which I don't really enjoy either. This leads me to feel "trapped" like I have to play only the heroes that I'm good at.

Drfuzzykins

08-25-2009

How can the matchmaking system account for a choice you make after your match is picked?

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

It's not directly related, but maybe having an option for 'quick practice game' would help. By this I mean queue up for a practice game without having to set it up or join one, the same way regular matchmaking works so you can still do things in your summoner profile while you wait. If the mechanism loosely matched people by ELO you could get into semi-competitive practice games to try new things easier.

Jong

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drfuzzykins View Post
How can the matchmaking system account for a choice you make after your match is picked?

Duh. should've thought of that. Perhaps a box you can check, like the previous poster suggested, for "quick practice game" or, "trying new hero", and then you can't pick a hero you've played more, say, than 5 times ?

Dark Von Diakonov

08-25-2009

You can simply join pratice games instead of ranked ones

Guess

08-27-2009

Practice games are there for reasons like that.

Feral

08-28-2009

You'd think so Guess, but PLENTY of people lately have been ruining games by trying out heroes they've never played before during normal matches.