melee heavy teams.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skull66

Senior Member

04-15-2011

Ok some backround, i have been on a loseing steak for a few days now, like every one i win, i lose 3-5 battles, and most of my wins have been in AI games.

The cause, my team be idiots, and fagile, i.e. no really tough champions, mostly just range, mage, assassins, and melee, no tanks, support champions here and there but no tank guys. And as if to add an insult, the enemey team has the tough guy, and mostly consists of melee champions.

Why is this a probelm?

Tougher melee champions win out agaist fagile range champions 75% of time, well as i have seen. And since my team consists of said fagile range champions i lose.

Why is it that i keep getitng grouped up with people who want to play range champions, and the other side gets all the tough guys? bad luck? riot hates me? the game hates me? Why?

In short, i just want to know why i keep getting team with players that play fagile champions. and how come riot didn't plan ahead for teams of fagile champions or teams of melee heavy champions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyphotrix

Junior Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull66 View Post
The cause, my team be idiots, and fagile, i.e. no really tough champions, mostly just range, mage, assassins, and melee, no tanks, support champions here and there but no tank guys. And as if to add an insult, the enemey team has the tough guy, and mostly consists of melee champions.
If you choose a tank with good crowd control, you should be able to help your team out quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull66 View Post
Tougher melee champions win out agaist fagile range champions 75% of time, well as i have seen. And since my team consists of said fagile range champions i lose.
Each type of champion tends to have their specific strengths and drawbacks. Admittedly, people do seem to agree that tanky DPS ("Tougher melee" ?) champions are a little overpowered, but since skill level is so variable in normal games this shouldn't really be an issue - losses are probably more due to skill than any imbalance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull66 View Post
Why is it that i keep getitng grouped up with people who want to play range champions, and the other side gets all the tough guys? bad luck? riot hates me? the game hates me? Why?
Probably just bad luck, assuming your win/loss statistics are unbiased. In the long run, it should even out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull66 View Post
In short, i just want to know why i keep getting team with players that play fagile champions. and how come riot didn't plan ahead for teams of fagile champions or teams of melee heavy champions?
Since this is a -team- game, a well-balanced team is important. If you pick champions that help to round out your team, you should have an easier time winning.

EDIT: Note that fragile ranged champions tend to greatly benefit from crowd control and good tanks that help keep the enemy team from attacking them. Melee champions tend to suffer from crowd control from the the opposing team and melee-heavy teams have trouble dealing with a lot of area of effect abilities in teamfights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull66 View Post
Ok some backround, i have been on a loseing steak for a few days now, like every one i win, i lose 3-5 battles, and most of my wins have been in AI games.

The cause, my team be idiots, and fagile, i.e. no really tough champions, mostly just range, mage, assassins, and melee, no tanks, support champions here and there but no tank guys. And as if to add an insult, the enemey team has the tough guy, and mostly consists of melee champions.

Why is this a probelm?

Tougher melee champions win out agaist fagile range champions 75% of time, well as i have seen. And since my team consists of said fagile range champions i lose.

Why is it that i keep getitng grouped up with people who want to play range champions, and the other side gets all the tough guys? bad luck? riot hates me? the game hates me? Why?

In short, i just want to know why i keep getting team with players that play fagile champions. and how come riot didn't plan ahead for teams of fagile champions or teams of melee heavy champions?
i just hope you dont play ranked o.O