Pinging the Map

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squee9

08-27-2009

I find that the announcement is not that helpful except to let me know who is doing the pinging, ut a bigger ping symbol on the mini map would be great.

+1 agree

Rayven

UX Designer

08-27-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

+1 we will make it so.

also, upcoming chat refinements will add some clarification to the who, what, and where of pinging.

Searion

08-27-2009

+1 !! (:

Thistledown

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
also, upcoming chat refinements will add some clarification to the who, what, and where of pinging.
Very nice. That is awesome. +1 internets for Riot.

HolyRoller

08-28-2009

yep, audio cue's need to be louder for pinging and talking

nightmoth

08-29-2009

Pings should be made with more contrast. I mean brighter, more contrasting colours, like teal or white. The ping should also flash constantly on the minimap. The sound is gd in the sense that it is noticable. However, it sounds disgusting. I would opt for a change if possible, but it should preferentially still sound noticable. Warcraft 3's ping is much much better in comparison.

But to give some credits, the idea of target-labelling a hero when you ping him is gd.

BotanicVelious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2009

also a color showing which player maby?

NYSE

08-31-2009

Its not always clear what a ping means.

Quick sugestion for the ping:
Add more sort of pings

-Attack (green)
-Care/dont go here (red)
-Ambush from here/ meet here (yellow)
-Push/deffend a ine or tower (in blue)

To prevent abusive ping spam you can add a cooldown or a maximum of 10 ping per minute?

Ping is curently maped on Alt+ click that you should keep for a misc ping and alr+ Q,W,E,R could give the ping sort.

i know there is lots of information in the user interface right now but adding feedpack of whos pingning what would be nice in theam fight EX: piging on the fontaine would says player NYSE is Out of the fight.
Or pigigin green on ennemies Would Say NYSE is engaging. i know it can be lots of information but b4 a team fight is not always clear whos in and out.

Funk

08-31-2009

Pings are plenty noticeable, I would like there to be a cap on the amount of times a player can ping the map before their house explodes in a fiery blast.

infested

08-31-2009

agree!!!