Strategy discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spectros

03-14-2010

I've been thinking about all of the different characters and how they work in terms of burst, sustained damage, crowd control, survivability, and escaping. So far, from what I've learned, it goes like this;

Burst + Crowd Control = Mage
Burst + Survivability = Support
Burst + Escape = Assassin
Sustained Damage + Escape = Ranged Fighter
Sustained Damage + Survivability = Melee Fighter
Survivability + Crowd Control = Tank

This is just an in general analysis, because some of the Champions are exceptions to these.

But I have a question. Which playstyle is best? I know the recommended team is supposed to have a Tank, Mage, Carry, Support, and an Assassin, but it seems just too taken for granted that a team can win with all of those.

For example, which would be better? A team full of Burst and Crowd Control, or a team full of Sustained Damage and Survivability? I would think burst and CC would win, because a Gangplank, Ashe, Twisted Fate, Veigar, and AP Sion team would have an easier time winning (imo) than a Tryndamere, Jax, Sivir, Warwick, and Master Yi.

Or even putting into a different context like 1v1 or 2v2 laning would make it more interesting. Who would win there? Burst and CC vs. dps and survivability.

I'd really enjoy hearing the responses. If anyone has any contradictions to my rule of thumb simplifications, don't be afraid to speak up.

LexGrossman

03-15-2010

I am confused.

but team 2 loses by default, just for having warrick, trynd, and yi on the same team

Spectros

03-15-2010

bump