Pantheon and Mana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jothki

02-26-2010

I've been playing Pantheon a bunch recently, and am enjoying him quite a bit. I'm not really having any issues doing at least moderately well with him, but there's something in particular that I'm wondering about.

Currently, I'm playing with a mostly straight attack damage build (Brutalizer/B.F. Sword to Bloodthirster/B.F. Sword, with maybe a Phage/Frozen Mallet if I'm taking damage too quickly. It's been working for me and I can do pretty nasty damage under ideal conditions, but the build seems to run out of steam pretty quickly after a battle or two, at which point I have to return to base to get my mana back. The golem buff seems to completely negate that issue, though, giving me enough mana regen to keep spamming my skills without any problems.

I'm wondering if I could improve my build by delaying attack damage to incorporate some sort of additonal mana or mana regen. Are there any items that would be worth getting? I'm thinking Sheen might be a good choice, but what about other items like Chalice?

ctidesm

02-26-2010

Open cata

GalaxyHero

02-26-2010

I usually get a meki pendant. But thats just me. Perhaps you should build a rune page with some mana regen?

Haplo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHero View Post
I usually get a meki pendant. But thats just me. Perhaps you should build a rune page with some mana regen?
9/0/21 imo

tubcat

02-26-2010

Personally, I love Pantheon and I have probably had more success with him than most other toons I've tried. I really haven't had too many issues with mana so far.

Honestly I never bother with lizard/golem buffs. I'm sure it would help but whatevs.

In any case, I start with regrowth pendant and use Q skills. Using Q to harass lightly and finish minions, I'm usually able to last till around lvl 5-6 or around 1k in gold. At that point, I port back to home and buy Philosopher's stone. It gives you the mana regen and +gold which is a boost.

After that I tend to go lifesteal and boots and then from there I haven't quite worked out the best way. I tend to boost dmg some and then get my attk speed boosted quite a bit. I normally finish my builds off with dmg.

Zeero

02-26-2010

I have been playing Pantheon quite a bit myself and I use the same runepage that I have built for Nassus to great success.

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Mana per5/lvl
Quint: Armor pen x2, Health Regen/5 x1

The dodge is noticeable, the armor pen makes your spear harass very deadly, and the mana regen mean that you really don't need to worry about getting mana regen items for lane staying power. I spec far enough into the ulility tree to get the mana regen from there as well.

Jothki

02-26-2010

Hmm, I've just been going cooldown, since I've been sharing the page with Mundo. Might have to eventually build up a mana regen page as well.