Smite should work on Children of the Grave

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Techno Stud

02-26-2010

Relax everyone, this is by no means a nerf upon Mordekaiser by any stretch of the imagination. Not enough people take Smite regardless to make any difference whatsoever in his playability.

This real issue at hand here is what should be Smiteable and what should not. The issue needs to go one of two ways: Either CotG should be Smiteable, or Tibbers should not. Period.

Meta

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
Relax everyone, this is by no means a nerf upon Mordekaiser by any stretch of the imagination. Not enough people take Smite regardless to make any difference whatsoever in his playability.

This real issue at hand here is what should be Smiteable and what should not. The issue needs to go one of two ways: Either CotG should be Smiteable, or Tibbers should not. Period.
First of all, why can't there be differentiation in minions? Do you think Shaco clone should be smite-able?

Additionally, there are abilities that only work on champions that can't be used on Tibbers.

I don't see why everything needs to be black and white when it comes to "summoned units". Why not let there be some variety with their mechanics?

Zvardin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2010

I would argue if it was to become smiteable then the CotG should not get hit by champion-only spells. One example of this being Kat's ultimate. But I really think the intent was for it to function like a champion, just like Shaco's clone.

Techno Stud

02-26-2010

Stop comparing this to Shaco. The ability is not like Shaco. Shaco is insanely dependent upon his clone for survivability and confusion. The clone WOULDN'T work if you could use Smite to tell the difference between the two.

Ok, let's take a look at this from the other end of the spectrum. Is CotG able to be Ignited like a normal champion? And IF it is I promise you that if I played as Mordekaiser I would MUCH RATHER Smite work instead of Ignite because 20x more people take Ignite as opposed to Smite.

Seriously, you guys are stuck on a nerf rampage when I'm just trying to get some consistency in our game.

Santiclause

02-26-2010

Quote:
Anybody who has played against Mord knows that his Ult is basically a free Ignite to finish off a fleeing enemy. Great Ult.
What. I've used it on enemies (whose cleanses were down) with one lonely bar of health left, and so far I've never actually gotten a kill on somebody who was no longer in range of any other abilities.

keftes

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Things might get nasty for Mord if draft mode comes and people start picking smite to counter him. Maybe that's what the devs are worried about come to think of it.

Paero

02-26-2010

Quote:
Ok, let's take a look at this from the other end of the spectrum. Is CotG able to be Ignited like a normal champion? And IF it is I promise you that if I played as Mordekaiser I would MUCH RATHER Smite work instead of Ignite because 20x more people take Ignite as opposed to Smite.
you know minions are igniteable aswell?

So like, bad point is bad?

TankHunter678

02-26-2010

Quote:
Stop comparing this to Shaco. The ability is not like Shaco. Shaco is insanely dependent upon his clone for survivability and confusion. The clone WOULDN'T work if you could use Smite to tell the difference between the two.

Seriously, you guys are stuck on a nerf rampage when I'm just trying to get some consistency in our game.
The Ghost can be ignited, you can also use Morde's ult on an enemy ghost, or Shaco's Clone, and when they die (or timer used up) then you get the ghost. Which means both Shaco's Clone, and Morde's Ghost are classified the same, this is why smite does not work, as they are both just alt champions using the same (or in morde's case different) skin. While functioning under Pet controls.

Personally, I would rather have Ignite work on the ghost and not smite, since both Shaco Clone and the Ghost use the same system, there could be an inheritence bug that would result in the Clone being smite-able as well. Further it means that people would have to carry smite around and it wont be as useful as ignite could be.

That and also I would really rather have my ghost get ignited and not me.

Lard

02-26-2010

The ghost is a champion, kill a blitz with it and the ghost blitz will shield himself when his hp gets low just like blitz.

Vicarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-26-2010

agreed i should work