How is TF suppose to be played?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v Blizzard

02-26-2010

I usually do good against like lower experienced people, but when I start facing people that knows what they're doing. I just feed. Am I suppose to pop Destiny whenever it's up for map awareness and gate everywhere?

sgtbeatdown

02-26-2010

You need to make sure you can get a gold card at will. That is the success to playing TF. I use gate to tp back and forth to base alot to maximize my laneing. Always keeping full hp and mana.

Then when you see the chance destiney and gate to hurt champions that have escaped.

Make sure you have soulstealer so you can get maximum ap for your kills.

TF is very intensive to play.

v Blizzard

02-26-2010

Yeah, I can draw gold cards at will, and vs. less experienced players I just Destiny then gate behind them and gold card, then wild card, etc.. But, I don't feel like I'm helping out the team out as much as I can because I don't cast Destiny when it's up. Sometimes I even let it sit there for 5 minutes before I cast it just to gank someone or kill runners.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

First, learn to gold.

Second, TF is best played as an assassin and a map controller. You want to be the one picking clairvoyance if you team can benefit from it, wards, and you want to play him as a hit-and-run type of champion during fights.

Struz

02-26-2010

Despite not actually following this advice myself (I haven't played TF for a month or so) I think that using Destiny *almost* whenever it's up is the best way. If you see someone you can gank, go there. If not, the enemy is probably wondering which of the lanes you'll show up at and so will be reluctant to keep pressure on your team for the duration.

Hit and run during fights is right, stun someone then watch your team eat them. Back off, pick another gold and repeat. Wild cards from the back because of its intense range. You can catch any runners with gate.

To avoid feeding, recognize that your character is one of the squishiest in the game. You need to avoid any situation where you aren't in direct control of the fight. Against single champions you won't have much trouble.

Avoid gating into team fights where you don't know if your side will be strong enough to win with your arrival. I've seen too many TF's gate into a fight after it's already decided and just get added to the opponents kill count.

Rectal Necrosis

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
First, learn to gold.

Second, TF is best played as an assassin and a map controller. You want to be the one picking clairvoyance if you team can benefit from it, wards, and you want to play him as a hit-and-run type of champion during fights.

Before you do anything you need to decide right now if you want to go AP or DPS/crit.

Despite the fact that I'm notorious for disagreeing with the AP build, it will let your burst, if you want to be a team fighter with twisted fate. A DPS build will let you deal with the situations that progress as the fight goes on. "Oh shi-, veigar is doing too much damage? Alright, lemme grab a wits end." "Hmm, ashe keeps stunning people? Let me grab a banshee's veil." "Oh dear lord! That tank has too many hit points! Let me grab a madred's." So on and so forth.

Mr Spatula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by v Blizzard View Post
Am I suppose to pop Destiny whenever it's up for map awareness and gate everywhere?
Yes! You don't need to gank everytime Destiny is up (with masteries, it's every 55 seconds). If you are productively pushing a lane, and Destiny is up, using it not only helps your team, but it forces the enemy to move elsewhere since they know YOU know where they are.

Blaz3king

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by v Blizzard View Post
I usually do good against like lower experienced people, but when I start facing people that knows what they're doing. I just feed. Am I suppose to pop Destiny whenever it's up for map awareness and gate everywhere?
I havent read what everyone said so excuse me if i repeat.

Tf is consider and is support. He cant do much alone is all team player. Most 1v1 fights you will loose early on unless fed.
You need to master the gold card. After that probably get a solo lane than harass get last hit harass with wild cards. Im not saying the build assuming you know it. At lev 6 from soloing.If your team on top and bottom or whatever has pushed to tower you sit there and keep farming harassing and watching for ganks cause your true goal is once the tower is gone or they push to your tower you tell your teammates ping them or type get ready for att. You recall to spawn regen buy stuff then. You tell them to att the enemy usally starts running at that moment at spawn you get a gold card, ult, then tele to the enemy and att the weaker one and i guarantee you will get an assist or kill. Then you go back to your lane and the enemy has probably pushed and you just harass and play defensive unless you got a team mate who wants to gank.

The point is your a support you dont fight alone unless you manage to stack a soul stealer to max. You cant do anything alone so unless your team can cooperate its useless.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Before you do anything you need to decide right now if you want to go AP or DPS/crit.

Despite the fact that I'm notorious for disagreeing with the AP build, it will let your burst, if you want to be a team fighter with twisted fate. A DPS build will let you deal with the situations that progress as the fight goes on. "Oh shi-, veigar is doing too much damage? Alright, lemme grab a wits end." "Hmm, ashe keeps stunning people? Let me grab a banshee's veil." "Oh dear lord! That tank has too many hit points! Let me grab a madred's." So on and so forth.
Well, DPS build only really works for low ELO which I'm guessing OP is since he has to ask so that's a valid concern..