Amazing Irelia Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shmuckteeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

For anyone who bought Irelia who maybe doesn't know how to play her expecting something easy, and consequently failed miserably at her, (I admit I did this at first), this is how you play her.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...th-blood-76347

You're welcome, please try it and upvote.

Inb4 this is a terrible build:
I mained Irelia for a long time, try it a few times, when you can't stop winning, you'll thank me.

Xagonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

I like the build except for the Phantom Dancer. IMO you get a lot more out of getting other items such as Wriggles Lantern(which is half as much gold) or a Trinity Force (slightly more gold).

Pastrytime

04-23-2011

Doesn't this build fall into the common trap of all other builds though i.e. it's ridiculously expensive?

The main problem I have with guides like these is that it doesn't actually cover the core of the build and only covers your best case scenario, which is quite rare.

Besides it's not like you need to be told to buy good AD items on an AD character if you have the money, plus you're not taking into account ANY early game considerations or situational choices.

Now to be fair I didn't actually read the guide and you may have mentioned all those things I just mentioned so my problem may very well be just be with MobaFire layout and not your build, but I stand by my comments as a general thing.

Ichikaze

04-23-2011

I much rather have my irelia build Trinity then tanky than this thing,how you plan to survive an early gank with a dagger/grieves and or zeal?

Unicorns of Love

04-23-2011

this is like euro build but worse i didnt think that was possible

Gooner1990

04-24-2011

I don't know who you play against, but against proper players, you'll get CCed and burst to death within 5 seconds.

Ycore

04-24-2011

Any build without tri-force on Irelia is fail. Also, unless the opposing team has no CC, you should always get merc treads, it's just too good on her in combo with her passive. Stark's fervor instead of phantom dancer is always better, she needs the lifesteal to survive in melee. Frozen mallet is also a waste, she gets her slow from her E and T-force. Also, E should always be levelled before W, it's her primary nuke and only form of CC.

SHREK lS LlFE

04-24-2011

i mained irelia for 3 years, and tis bld is guud

Kroghar

04-24-2011

I dunno man, I'd soooo much rather have a Trinity Force on her than Phantom Dancer and Frozen Mallet, and you'd have 2k left over to invest in survivability or attack speed sooner.

I guess I could see your build being bestly once it's finished, but you get over 10k worth of items before you even look at your first item with resists. Overall your build is like 13-14k, how often do your matches actually go that long? You also have no CDR in your build.

Irelia has the tools to catch people and keep them slowed. With 40% cdr you won't need that slow from Frozen Hammer, you can constantly bladesurge and stun people and almost always have your ult available, each ability giving that bonus +150% damage on next hit.

"Ionian Boots, Trinity Force, Ghostblade, Banshee's" Is already a 10k build with good survivability and burst, if you're carrying well, or the match goes long then followup with Attack Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeaglex7 View Post
this is like euro build but worse i didnt think that was possible
I'm kind of curious what the Euro build is now.

Shmuckteeth

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroghar View Post
I dunno man, I'd soooo much rather have a Trinity Force on her than Phantom Dancer and Frozen Mallet, and you'd have 2k left over to invest in survivability or attack speed sooner.

I guess I could see your build being bestly once it's finished, but you get over 10k worth of items before you even look at your first item with resists. Overall your build is like 13-14k, how often do your matches actually go that long? You also have no CDR in your build.

Irelia has the tools to catch people and keep them slowed. With 40% cdr you won't need that slow from Frozen Hammer, you can constantly bladesurge and stun people and almost always have your ult available, each ability giving that bonus +150% damage on next hit.

"Ionian Boots, Trinity Force, Ghostblade, Banshee's" Is already a 10k build with good survivability and burst, if you're carrying well, or the match goes long then followup with Attack Speed.

I'm kind of curious what the Euro build is now.
Honestly I think getting a Trinity Force on Irelia is absolutely ******ed. inb4 flaming: listen. She obviously is no longer viable as a "hybrid" and can not rely on her E anymore, even with Trinity, it's damage is laughable against anyone mid/lategame. Use it as an emergency slow/stun if anything. Irelia is an AD carry. Deal with it. Her W should be put to good use because it's ****ing amazing. Get attack speed and slow to be able to chase and see how you do with her.

I too laughed at this build when a friend suggested it, as I used to build her Trinity/Ionian/Merc treads, etc. but just try it. I absolutely loved it. You're Yi on crack and with much more survivability.