Very odd Veigar Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Poor Poro

04-15-2011

After running through physical dps and tank Veigar (ap gets boring after a while, you know), I decided I needed to re-evaluate my playing style as the tiny master of evil.

He's not nearly tanky enough with base stats for even a full tank build to help much. So I typically play a tank Veigar only if the other team has a Veigar as well, or at least a bunch of mages. That way, primordial burst still does a lot of damage, and there's lots of survivability.

Physical dps Veigar is what I use when the enemy team has little crowd control, but lots of area based and skillshot spells. Phantom dancers give me high mobility to dodge them.

Now before you all tell me I'm dumb using these builds, I will say that that they do work quite well, as I've personally tested both. His spell burst is still relied upon for the most part, but the point is to adapt to the other team. If they can cc and kill you immediately, you're going to need survivability. If they're all skillshot and area, you're going to want to be fast. If they're all squishy, take ap. But the point of this post is not to describe those 3 builds. I have a 4th one, that also works very well (in the 5 games I've used it so far).

9-0-21
Exhaust/Teleport
My rune page is bs and negligible for all relevant purposes.

Chalice Of Harmony
Ionian Boots
Boots of Mobility
Sorcerer's Shoes
Mercury Treads
Ninja Tabi

Again, I am a (relatively) experienced Veigar player. I do know what I'm doing, in case anyone was wondering. I've only used this build in middle lane, when I have good opportunities to farm my own ap. Here's the style:

Start with meki pendant and 2 hp pots. Use a few baleful strikes on the enemy mid. Last hit with baleful strike. Focus primarily of last hitting. Stop using spells on the other mid, except event horizon. When you use event horizon, cast a badly placed dark matter that misses, and auto attack. Until you get 100 ap. At this point, you are probably on low hp, and the enemy severely underestimates you. Allow them to dive your turret, stun them and nuke. This usually only works if they aren't too smart. Nonetheless, farm ap, and only focus on your farming. Fall behind, and this build is null. The point is to get ap around as fast as early game items give ap.

After you get your boots of mobility, you're probably around level 8. Go gank a lane, any lane. Ganking as Veigar should be self explanatory. If you have a good start, this will be an excellent build for early and mid game.

Chalice gives the best mana regen for a Veigar, letting you spam baleful strike. Ionian boots give cdr, letting you use more baleful strikes, and event horizon. Boots of mobility lets you move between lanes quickly to gank. Sorcerer's shoes, magic pen. Veigar is very weak to crowd control. Mercury treads being the only item that reduces cc, well... yeah. And Ninja tabi, I just threw in for dodge, but its situational.

Late game, deathfire grasp can replace ionian boots, since it gives the cdr plus more. Sorc shoes maybe replace with void staff. That aside, just farm as much ap as you can. I've found that even without ap items, I can typically get 300 ap by late game.

Now, I've been reported for using this build 2 out of my 5 games for "trolling". In none of them have I fed. In fact, I did a good portion of the team's damage output. Not as much burst as ap Veigar, but the ccr and mobility boots get you out of a lot of tight situations. Thoughts? Comments? Viability?

Note: This is not a Veigar build for the starting Veigar. You need to be really good at baleful striking for it to work. Having only 20 ap at 30 minutes won't cut it. I haven't used this build in a side lane, but I do plan to.

Kelhan

04-15-2011

I'm so going to try this in ranked

Chainchomps

04-15-2011

Why not Haunting Guise or Void Staff instead of Sorc Shoes?

A Poor Poro

04-15-2011

To Kelhan:

I.. don't think that's a good idea...

To Chainchomps:

Quote:
Late game, deathfire grasp can replace ionian boots, since it gives the cdr plus more. Sorc shoes maybe replace with void staff. That aside, just farm as much ap as you can. I've found that even without ap items, I can typically get 300 ap by late game.
Early game, these are relatively cheap items to get a good start.

Update: Tried it in a side lane, didn't work. I think Veigar needs to go mid for it to work.

hermeneutist

04-15-2011

or any 1 of the 10 or so items with cdr instead of ionian... dang i just fed the troll.

A Poor Poro

04-15-2011

Late game, fine, take the deathfire grasp. But early game, Ionian boots are cheap for 15%. Kindlegem is also cheap I guess, but what are you going to build that into? Veigar with Shurelias?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Seriously.

GET THE **** OUT OF THE FORUM

mylegbig

04-15-2011

Ha, I might try this on a smurf.

A Poor Poro

04-15-2011

You guys need to be more open minded... spells still do a lot of damage after farming, and now you can kite with them. You can escape some ganks due to cc reduction, then event horizon and run, mobility boots will proc soon after and you have an overall better chance of living.

Captain Vu

04-15-2011

I think your build doesnt really matter its not really a big deal as long as you slowly gain gold just Stun em and use ur falling rock thing ahead of em then its preetty easy because hes so strong (;