Nidalee vs help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wildcolt

02-26-2010

While playing Nidalee I've noticed I have a lot of trouble fighting Nunus and Teemos :x there a special trick here that i'm missing? Or is it specific gear? Like do I absolutely need to make certain pieces of gear should they appear?

PatMcGroyne

02-26-2010

Be patient play defensively and just last hit creeps like you're supposed to do... you you have an opportunity to hit them take a shot or 2 and then withdraw.

Carom

02-26-2010

Nunu's early game is powerful, but not an issue if you play defensively. Teemo, blind is gay. Specifically what kind of problems are you having against them? Here's some hints to help:

Ghost/Cleanse and Ghost/Flash are your two biggest friends. I prefer ghost cleanse since there is so much **** out there that will ream you in a stun/snare/root. Additionally pick up items like Madred's bloodrazor, Sheen > triforce, Mercury Treads, Malady, Phantom Dancer, and Banshee's. Also try building your skills in the order you'll most likely need them. If you're getting hit hard, put more levels in your heal early.

E, W, Q, E, Q, R. That's a basic build that works out nicely. If you do find yourself being hit hard you can swap out your first Q rank for an extra heal rank.

Lastly, a good starting item is Doran's Ring. The health is quite nice, but it;s the 5mp5 that really saves the day.

Wildcolt

02-26-2010

Sorry I should I have been more specific. I have NO issue with them early/early-mid game. The problem arises about the late-mid/late game. Nunus I can't seem to be able to kill before they kill me and even if I am in the situation to kill them, they can always, ALWAYS outrun me(namely they will use their ult which ill leap out of to escape it, then they blood boil and run the other way and they're moving at 540+ MS, which even in brush i'll only move about 515?) allowing them to get away, and if i try to run, i just can't get away. Maybe it's because I tend to build myself as a glass cannon(no real health/armor items until the luxury item period) and they've just got so much health it's near impossible to beat them down before their typically medium damage brings me down.

With Teemo, I think it has everything to do with that blind, but how do I prevent it? Banshee's veil won't stop it will it? And if it does, what if he does toxic shot first? During that blind period i'm pretty much just meat for him to beat on for a free kill. Lately I've noticed the teemo's like goign with huge health pools too which doesn't even allow me to just skill ambush them to death -.-; do I just need to go big armor/MR?

Selenitis

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcolt View Post
With Teemo, I think it has everything to do with that blind, but how do I prevent it? Banshee's veil won't stop it will it? And if it does, what if he does toxic shot first? During that blind period i'm pretty much just meat for him to beat on for a free kill. Lately I've noticed the teemo's like goign with huge health pools too which doesn't even allow me to just skill ambush them to death -.-; do I just need to go big armor/MR?
Toxic Shot is passive, so it won't pop your veil. It's still relatively easy for them to get a teammate to pop it for them, though...

Greensamo

02-26-2010

Edit: Read your 2nd post. Late game Nidalee falls off from her powerhouse mid game. Unless you're going AD, expect to sit back and throw spears/heals and only engage in cat when you are going to get a kill. AP Nida spears can half hp other carries if thrown right, so shes still pretty powerful. AD Nida's auto attack can be pretty vicious. As far as chasing toons down, Teemo's sprint ability is until hes hit, if you can land a hit on him then you should have him.

Late game you really shouldn't be chasing/fleeing by yourself tho, unless you just destroyed their team and you're chasing them for the ace, or otherway around.

Drunner611

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcolt View Post
While playing Nidalee I've noticed I have a lot of trouble fighting Nunus and Teemos :x there a special trick here that i'm missing? Or is it specific gear? Like do I absolutely need to make certain pieces of gear should they appear?
I was getting owned the other day by a Jax with frozen mallet. Any dps character, with a slow + decent speed can Kite Nidalee in the open.

Greensamo

02-26-2010

^^ Yeh, new jax HURTS!

Seen one yesterday 1lvl lower than me, 3/4 his hp, I was full. Speared, healed, cat, did my combo, he was half, I was 1/3. o.O

Glass Canon Jax builds are very tanky atm, which kinda defeats the purpose of balancing large AD items from large HP items.

ShowMeYourMoves

02-26-2010

Nidalee will lose to most melee carry if fought fair and square.

Toe to toe combat on nidalee only works during mid game.

(lv 6-12 sometimes 14) after that you will start to see how everybody start owning you one on one unless you are way fed)

If you want to kill someone, best way is to hit them with javalin until they are at half health.

After they are at half health, now you can jump in as cougar.