Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Ashe is largely considered one of the two best ranged carries in the game, alongside Corki. She doesn't need any love. You just need skill.

Learn to farm hard and fast. Hawkshots passive helps Ashe get her build insanely quickly. She can be sitting on a BF sword in under 10 minutes, and a good Ashe is almost impossible to catch.

AdventHawk7

04-15-2011

Ashe is more about utility and doing the hit~n~run game. Run up, hit (passive hits for crit), and dodge away, don't stand there shooting, just run up, shoot, and back away. Let her first hit crit do the work early game, buy a damage item in the beginning, don't worry about speed items or filling a rune page with attack speed runes. use mana regen instead and get some armor pen runes
Here's my rune page for Ashe

Marks: Armor Pen
Seals: Mana Regen/5 Flat (Not the one that scales per level)
Glyphs: Mana Regen/5 Flat (Not the one that scales per level)
Quintessence: Movement Speed/ Armor Pen

For Glyphs you can do a couple of other things, you could get more armor pen, or you could go for the one that increases (crit damage) not crit chance, if you increase the damage of her crits for her passive, it will hit harder but it's only reliable for her first hit crit from her passive. I might even try this just to see how it goes I haven't tried this yet cause my rune page isnt full yet. But judging that her passive is always an assured crit, I'm betting it'll make for a good build.

Or if you want more armor pen, fill glyphs with armor pen and those crits will go through a champion like butter.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Infinity Edge, Boots of Swiftness, and a Phantom Dancer should be your main items. A Banshees Veil is an excellent item on Ashe as well and it will save your life if you ever get caught a little out of position, or have to run through a stun. Once you get your distance you can kite forever with Volley.

Ashe isn't as much about DPS as she is about farming faster than everyone else and having MORE DPS.

Lizto

04-15-2011

Ashe's damage is fine, give tristana a try, now THAT requires skill to last hit when youre a beginner.

lucifetio

04-15-2011

ok.... ashe's early game is awesome. Who are you playing? follow these steps to fix your problem.

1. buy doran's shield.
(sounds crazy but it works. gets rid of that early game super squishy ashe. Also the life regen is nice. In my experiance the life regen is better than doran's blades life steal early levels. )

2. Volley is first skill pick and first skill used. Don"t rush that first volley, make sure it hits.
(even if the person miding against you gets a couple minion kills before you get. kept cool its part of the plan)

3. Don"t auto attack minions when you first come in to lane. Save the first shot for your enemy.
(Remember your passive? that first arrows gonna crit. Hit your opponent with it right after your first volley. this simple combo will put most common mids below half health. )

you should now have the advantage and lane dominance.( the trick is going to be keeping it in the levels to come.) Keep up the pressure with volley and auto attacks. KEEP MOVING. (doge those skill shots.) Don't forget to last hit. look to for the time to kill.

AdventHawk7

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifetio View Post
ok.... ashe's early game is awesome. Who are you playing? follow these steps to fix your problem.

1. buy doran's shield.
(sounds crazy but it works. gets rid of that early game super squishy ashe. Also the life regen is nice. In my experiance the life regen is better than doran's blades life steal early levels. )]
No, You don't want Dorans Shield, what are you doing with this piece of garbage? Standing there and shooting? No, what you do is get Dorans Blade, and play the hit~n~run dodging game. You run up, shoot, and back off, run up, shoot, and back off, your crit will do the work for you.

Quote:
2. Volley is first skill pick and first skill used. Don"t rush that first volley, make sure it hits.
(even if the person miding against you gets a couple minion kills before you get. kept cool its part of the plan)
This would be smart, if you play the hit~n~run strat, keep your distance, the enemy shouldn't be able to hit you so easily.

Quote:
3. Don"t auto attack minions when you first come in to lane. Save the first shot for your enemy.
(Remember your passive? that first arrows gonna crit. Hit your opponent with it right after your first volley. this simple combo will put most common mids below half health. )
This concept is true, apply it to the hit n dodge.

Quote:
you should now have the advantage and lane dominance.( the trick is going to be keeping it in the levels to come.) Keep up the pressure with volley and auto attacks. KEEP MOVING. (doge those skill shots.) Don't forget to last hit. look to for the time to kill.
No, Wrong, You're playing her wrong!
Forgot the most important thing, she's more for utility than being a harasser, what you want to do is level hawkshot too. What I do is get Volley first, Hawkshot second, Hawkshot level 3, Volley level 4, Frost Shot level 5, Crystal Arrow level 6.

From there, max out hawkshot and volley, you want to be sure you can spam volley in team fights as quickly as possible.

I like to get frost shot level 3 at level 10 just to be sure I can keep up with the enemy when they run, Ashe makes for the perfect utility chaser or escape.

The enemy team should never be able to catch you, get Teleport and use it as a combo with your crystal arrow, shoot the arrow from spawn pool down a lane, and quickly teleport down there to capitallize with maximum suprise damage. Get Ghost or Flash for both offense and defensive purposes.

You want either Dorans Blade or Long Sword to start off with cause it will help with damage, don't worry about speed items early on, build your damage first, defense second (Banshees Veil or Thornmail) Speed last. The slow from her frost shots should be enough to either keep up or harass as they're chasing you. You should never stand there for them to hit you as you auto attack, just keep moving.

I like to build up Dorans Blade, then Boosts of Swiftness, I.E., Banshees Veil/Thornmail, Phantom Dancer, Bloodrazor, Sell Dorans Blade, and build another I.E. in it's place.

I usually skip banshees veil/thornmail to build Starks Fervor because in some cases it's more useful, friendly champions gain benefits from it, but if you need that defense for situations where the enemy team has alot of CC or has alot of Melee, you'll want one of the two. I prefer to get Banshees Veil for both purposes though.

lucifetio

04-15-2011

A DUEL! i say good sir. friend me and we will play a game. dorans shield beats dorans blade 90% of the time

also ashe never has the hp for thornmail worth **** so that banshiees veil/thornmail is bs advice.

i am only talking first 5 levels (early game) i used dorans blade for a long time as first idem. someone told me dorans shield i acted like you. all i can say is try it.

Chaotic Strife

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevosoInverno View Post
For ashe, something that would possibly make her much more viable early game would be to tweak her damage output in some way or form. Please understand that the word tweak does not mean buff. One thing that has driven me insane early game is that although the volley hits decently hard (lvl 20 speaking) for about 100-120 depending on the class you hit, but only hits a maximum of 7 targets and cannot penetrate. Most, if not all other classes that have an AoE like this have either better damage or it penetrates. That is something I would love to see. Reduce the base damage of the Volley spell by say 15-20% but allow for it to go through minions. This accomplishes two things for Ashe: (1) She becomes a much more competent laner and (2) It makes for a bit more strategy against her than hide behind minions. As it stands, Ashe is very poor when it comes to her ability to clear a lane early on, on top of her being extremely squishy. I believe that adjusting volley would not change her output late game in terms of her auto-attack, but allow her early game to be a bit more viable. She is easily in the top 10 squishiest early game characters on top of being one of the weakest early game characters.

In regards to Redskizzers: If you believe her only downside is weak early game, get within range of her late game. With building AD/AS late game, she has 1700~ hit points and multiple classes can use 1 ability to take her down under 50% health, which means she has to skate the edges of a battle and be very nimble back and forth otherwise she is going to be splattered on the ground immediately. To be a competent worth while Ashe, you have to be on your toes the whole time because you have no escape mechanics (You have to stop and cast every move, even auto attacks) to slow them, so you're stopping to slow, its a touchy and dangerous way of retreating.

She is relatively balanced, but as I said earlier I would love to see her early game get tweaked a little bit so she stays where she is late game.
All I got out of this was Ashe needs penetration.

Julian Kanzuki

04-15-2011

She's a perfectly balanced champion.

She has just had a drop in popularity because there are lots of shiney new champions that people want to use. breaking her balance and make her overpowered just to increase her popularity.... thats very counter-productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Strife View Post
All I got out of this was Ashe needs penetration.
Maybe she should consider finding a new hudband then? One who is actually interested in her, not just a political leaver who is more interested in his barbarian men than her.

<.<

Xj6

04-15-2011

Ashe could even do with a nerf.

Right now, she's totally top tier and extremely powerfull. I'd go to say she's the best ranged dps carry right now in this game.