Stratedgy to countering mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

02-26-2010

As many of you have been calling mordekaiser OP when fighting me, he is not this case, there are weaknesses.

1.early game he gets hurt fairly easily, make sure to try and keep out of his siphoning of desctruction spell and hit him when his spells are on CD, this makes it hard for him to deal any damage to you and makes it easier to down him.
2.Get ranged players, nidalee, teemo, ryze, etc. These champions are the best against mordekaiser because they can't get near them, you can continue to harass him with basic attacks to down his shield. once his shield is down its time to get the kill.
3.During team fights or charging mordekaiser don't grp up in his range to cone all of you, there were a few times when I myself were able to tank 5 guys at once because I kept siphon of destruction on 5 of the enemys + a few mobs to keep my shield maxed even with the damage I took. ontop of that, when your all close together my mace of spades hits 4 targets, my main target and 3 others close by, keeping my shield maxed.
4.Creeping death deals moderate damage over time but can also be used as a tanking method, if you see someone with this buff on perfer to target someone else. This spell can give up to 30armor and magic resist wich is still something, especialy when cast on other tanks.
5.When in a lane fight against mordekaiser make it hard for him to get in the middle of creep waves, because that is were he will creeping death to keep his shield up.
6.Blind, or exhaust, can impare mordekaisers abilitys, without being able to use his mace of spades because his attacks are missing he losses a chance at maxing his shield more, this can keep his shield gain halted while you nuke him.
7.If you get in a fight with mordekaiser and he uses his ulti early or near your death just run. even if you got a buddy sometimes its better for both of you run and wait out his ulti before you take him on. I've actualy had a few fights were I took on 2 people, ultid one, manage to keep my shield up while healing from my ultis lifesteal.
Killed the first used his spawn to nuke the other.
8.If mordekaiser isn't showing up on the map because hes Mia for a very long time, hes more the likely out jungling, buy wards and plant near the enemys lizard so you have a chance to gank him and take his lizard buff in the process, a very effective way to halting his progress.
9.A good combo against mordekaiser would have to be teemo and pantheon, if laning 1v1 wich I have never seen happen for I do not do that, Teemo all the way. Teemo is your harassment and damage against mordekaiser, using blind to half his shield resource progress and poisen to keep his shield down and hp draining. Pantheon for when he and his partner get close enough, stun and nuke, also becaue pantheon can harass with spears, wich is very helpfull to keeping his hp down.

Thats all for now I hope you enjoyd these stradegys and I wish to see you ingame soon.
If you search my profile now you should see a good amount of wins, altogether I might have played around 35games with mordekaiser, but only about 22-26wins.
It seems like I had trouble with some noobs, I don't believe laning with soraka is ever a good choice, ever again.

Karnikula

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
As many of you have been calling mordekaiser OP when fighting me, he is not this case, there are weaknesses.
what a great way to start a guide?

other than that it's actually helpful, mordekaisers greatest weakness is ashe anyways

SaferX

02-26-2010

Or you could've just said:

How to counter Mordekaiser:
1) use any hero possibly in the game aside from warwick. This is a good counter for him, as everybody rapes him except warwick because warwick can only rape himself.

EnronTheGreat

02-26-2010

Not....quite sure what to make of this. MOST of it is common sense. Use ranged champion to kill a melee champion. Ok...

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, mord is awesome vs ranged champs AND other melee during laning phase because he can harass quite well with sod (that should be maxed out asap, NOT the aoe for obvious reasons, unlike what your guide says). Mord is a STRONG mid choice imo because he can push the other mid hero to the tower very quickly, denying last hits while farming like a madman. I happen to be thinking of making a guide myself... =p

The rest of it is...common sense again. The BIGGEST thing to mord is that he needs a lot of targets to keep his shield up. Catch him alone or unawares without a shield, next to only his creep wave and he's toast. However any mord that blows his ult without a FOR SURE kill imminent (usually imediately) is pretty noob.

(Also before you say i don't play mord toggle, i've been playing the S out of him on alts. I also feast upon other Mords who go for 4 sunfire capes. lol.)

Mesa H

02-26-2010

well, i think having a ranged champ laning against Mord is the most effective tactics early on, agree with the other few points, especially when ganking Mord or in team fights, positioning urself is always important. but overall i think Mord is just a normal hero which is not really that dominating, just a bit irritating at low level laning.

LORDMERLIN69

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
who called mordekaiser OP when fighting you?

Joru

02-26-2010

How to actually counter a HP/defensively built Mordekaiser to the greatest degree with the least possible effort:

1) Have all your physical carries buy Quicksilver Sashes (or bring Cleanse).

2) Save it exclusively for the Children of the Grave debuff.

3) Totally ignore him in team fights because he's now completely useless.

jedininjaman

02-26-2010

not a bad introduction, I dont know what all the hate is about.

Kaniol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Silence > mord. Actually any CC > him, he is in reality a glass cannon, if he can't use his skills he is dead

Eliseo

02-26-2010

Wait until mid-end game and /ignore .