Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Tiddles

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1234 View Post
This is the kind of attitude that most people should have. Spanish is super easy to learn people. Do you know what the Spanish word for hospital is? Hospital. I've had 2 years of high school Spanish and 1 semester of college Spanish and I can communicate with people in chat.
I'm from Arizona so speaking a little spanish was mandatory in grade school. I mean over half the population of my town spoke spanish fluently, if not natively. The real problem here is that it's the internet and people like to troll and point fingers when they lose.

ecopis

04-15-2011

My english is bad but works in lol games. I say mias, point map, and talk about many estrategy things, all in englysh. But sometimes i just talking with my friend in portuguese and the trolling starts. Mexicans, polishs, americans, all request buddy with me and invite me every day, and says "u good, u play well,nice teamplay". I can communicate IN GAME, in english, with my teammates, i dont understand why some players trolling me when i write in spanish.
If u did not understand nothing its not my problem, less 1/10 of the world speak english. And no, this game is not for englysh speakers only, a player just need know some words to play lol.

ecopis

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1234 View Post
@All
I regularly play with a group of Argentinans on LoL. They're awesome and fun to play with. I'm from the U.S. Michigan, to be specific.

Most of the unskilled players who feed I encounter are not foreign. The ones that are bad who are foreign usually are bad because their pings are abominable.

Personally, I don't think it has much to do with your language. People on the internet are jerks. That's all there is to it. I am American, speak english, yada yada, and the **** that I've gotten over the course of my time in LoL is at least 20 times more than all of the **** that I have gotten from real people in real life, over the course of my entire life span.
People are prone to give you **** no matter who you are. I get it all the time. I just think that they see the fact that you speak Spanish as an excuse to troll you even harder. It's not you, it's not Americans, it's people on the internet.
Very nice

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

People on this game just hate each other if things go wrong or someone talks ****. Idk why, testosterone I guess. As far as the language barrier, people get mad if any slight thing doesn't go their way. So if you pick a character that they think sucks or happens to die once or twice they get angry. Speaking a different language is similar to that, however it rarely matters in solo queue because people rarely have something constructive to say. Pings work fine too.

Zealot644

04-15-2011

Speak English well enough that others can understand. (Gank, MIA, Kill, Help, Check, etc)

Dont suck. (Goes with being able to read English and decide on good items, etc)

You're on an English game. If you refuse to speak the language that 99% of players do than it is your own **** fault you get hated on.

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

American game made by and for English speaking players, wait for someone from your country to create a game like this or learn English, not trying to exclude by why should Americans make all these concessions if you are not willing to do the same?

Redfar

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
of course if u cant understand my languege, i can also talk in english too, but the problem is that i feel like they are excluding me off the game in fact... i dont know if im expressing every well... i feel like there is a big poster in the Wall that says "SPANISH NOT ALLOWED" or something like that...
Well when I play I had a couple of games where there were a couple of spanish speakers and I basicly excluded them from the tactics me and the other 2 folks were doing.

I could not understand them and vice versa so we we effectivle a 3 man team and a 2 man team.

We lost.

This is a team game and if we can't communicate we are severely gimped.

Zealot644

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
of course if u cant understand my languege, i can also talk in english too, but the problem is that i feel like they are excluding me off the game in fact... i dont know if im expressing every well... i feel like there is a big poster in the Wall that says "SPANISH NOT ALLOWED" or something like that...
You are acting like it is our fault that 99% of the non English players (on an English game mind you) wont speak the language or communicate with their team. They ruin our games, so dont expect sympathy unless you yourself can prove you do otherwise.

GohanSmurf

04-15-2011

If you want to say something to your friend, just say /r "namehere" message here (yes, you must do the quotes)
But otherwise try to speak English

Enrayged

04-15-2011

I don't really care where you're from, as long as you're willing to at least try to communicate and play well...

If you insta-lock Mordekaiser, and call mid against Karthus - all in a foreign language that still probably isn't even your first language - I've lost internet-respect for you. (Thanfully, internet-respect is as expendable as a pack of red-shirts.)

If you try to communicate with the rest of the team, go to the lane that is best suited for your champion (or better yet, pick a jungler and gank like a monster) and successfully shatter all stereotypes? I'll love ya.

The OP currently appears to be falling into group #2 quite nicely.

While learning a second language is quite a good idea, it won't solve all the problems - if you learn Spanish, then cool, you can successfully communicate with people from Mexico. Unfortunately, French-speakers will still prove to be a problem in the communication department.

I understand, though, that this also goes for everyone else - if someone from Mexico learns English, cool, they can understand most of the people that play LoL... but along comes that French fellow, and things get rough.