Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nokkturnal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-15-2011

It goes both ways...U try and talk to the spanish speaking people in the game and I'd say 75% of the time they completely ignore anything you say. And I know enough Spanish to know when they are trolling me and it happens all the time. So when 3 Spanish ppl join a game and wont communicate and troll the whole time, its just the same thing goin the other way. They always end up speaking perfect English when you piss them off enough. Trolls are trolls American or Argentinian.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paradoxies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashiro View Post
Latinos are usually f*cking jerks that go AUEHEHEHEHAUEHEHEHHAHAH JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJ
and when you get a score like 0/3/8 they go /all "[INSERT CHAMPION NAME] FEEDER NOOB"

it's so annoying when latinos don't understand english either, and can't communicate in a game where communication is priority.
US' people do the same, so, don't complain about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lassx

Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramerican View Post
I can only speak for myself, but the frustration mostly comes from playing with people who don't speak your language, which happens to be the #1 language of trade for humans, in a team-based, cooperative game. There is a penalty for leaving games, and even a time penalty for leaving the champion select screen, so we are penalized if we don't play games with people who don't speak our language and generally don't contribute or end up feeding heavily. A lot of people enjoy getting "serious" with this game from time to time, and losing consistently because of teammates from a certain region of the world makes people unhappy with that country/region.

Another reason is that AAUUEHEHUEHUEHUHUHUEHEUHEUEHUE is like nails on a chalkboard to everyone that doesn't speak Spanish/Portuguese natively.

Why do Spanish-speakers refuse to learn English, then go into places where English is spoken and demand to be catered to? It boggles my mind.
but man, i speak spanish and english too, and a lot more ppl who has the main languege as spanish, speak english too.... we try to addapte but it's not easy for us....

PD: i remember lots of guys who think if u dont know english, u fail in the real life, and thats why i dont want to fail, so im studying....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Tiddles

Senior Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
i know man, but in this kind of games i speak spanish and in the same time, i speak in english, i know english and im learning it, u can see for ur self that i already post more than 6 message just using 1 word in spanish xD.... but im saying that i dont like when ppl just for postingsomething like "Hola amigo como esta el dia?" = "Hi man, how's the weather?" they start trolling me and saying bull**** such as "Mexican noob, u will fk the game" when we didnt start playing yet... so i can talk both languege, dont troll on me cuz ill be piss off.... thats what im saying
Well you can play with me and I won't care if you speak spanish. I might even try to speak spanish too, but your english is way better than my spanish so you probably won't be able to understand what I'm trying to say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tidy Cat

Senior Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Strife View Post
It basically boils down too this is a team game, and in the end the better -team- will win. If your leaving half the players on your team with no idea whats going on then your not a team, at that point you end up being more like two squads and you will get destroyed.
How would you respond if the majority of players in a match spoke Spanish/Portuguese/Greek/Polish and started demanding that you speak it? Fact of the matter is learning another language enough to communicate effectively can be very difficult (and I don't mean memorizing a smattering of spanish/german from a phrase book). Does it make for better teamwork if everyone speaks the same language? Sure. Does anyone have any right to demand someone else learn their language? Not in the least.

Most non-native english speakers I've played with do communicate the important bits well enough and then use their native language when talking to each other. I think most people just get mad at the mere sight of spanish because they're dopes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sceptre Prison

Senior Member

04-15-2011

@All
I regularly play with a group of Argentinans on LoL. They're awesome and fun to play with. I'm from the U.S. Michigan, to be specific.

Most of the unskilled players who feed I encounter are not foreign. The ones that are bad who are foreign usually are bad because their pings are abominable.

Personally, I don't think it has much to do with your language. People on the internet are jerks. That's all there is to it. I am American, speak english, yada yada, and the **** that I've gotten over the course of my time in LoL is at least 20 times more than all of the **** that I have gotten from real people in real life, over the course of my entire life span.
People are prone to give you **** no matter who you are. I get it all the time. I just think that they see the fact that you speak Spanish as an excuse to troll you even harder. It's not you, it's not Americans, it's people on the internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metaphisto

Senior Member

04-15-2011

People are ignorant. And it's the internet.

/thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sceptre Prison

Senior Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tiddles View Post
Well you can play with me and I won't care if you speak spanish. I might even try to speak spanish too, but your english is way better than my spanish so you probably won't be able to understand what I'm trying to say.
This is the kind of attitude that most people should have. Spanish is super easy to learn people. Do you know what the Spanish word for hospital is? Hospital. I've had 2 years of high school Spanish and 1 semester of college Spanish and I can communicate with people in chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vVv Unverclopt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

04-15-2011

I didn't know Latinos were classified as a champion. Wrong board bro, General Discussion is that way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I forget who

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-15-2011

Lassx I will not mind playing with you. I play in either English or Spanish and can even understand some French and Portuguese (slightly). I also know some Japanese but can't read it yet. The truth of the matter is that most of the Americans on these servers are ill-mannered bigots. I'm an American myself and see it happening all the time. They hide behind English being the universal language, not realizing how stupid they sound for refusing to learn anything new. We are a lazy society.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have in fact thought of traveling to Argentina. It is a beautiful country.