Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultramerican

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodoard View Post
Now it is a problem that there aren't spanish speaking servers as spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
By no measure of the words "most" or "world" is that statement true. It's English->Chinese by a landslide. Less than 5% of the world speaks Spanish.

Gooch0

04-15-2011

To be honest, the only problems I have with our summoners south-of-the-border are the trolls. I think the problem is there are a large group that give the entire group a bad reputation. It may be this same issue that leads me to say that also play style from summoners south-of -the-border generally sucks, lol. But again, that could just be because the squeaking gear gets the attention, I know it's not everybody. And there are trolls from every demographic, so no we just can't pin this on one group. HOWEVER, it does seem like more often than not that its this same group that will type in spanish, portuguese , whatever, and then complain about the team not working together.......and thats when I go "really, you think? herp a derp".

What I would really like to see is the option to choose what "demographics" you want to play with. If you only want to play with English speaking players, you should be able to check a box and go. If you don't care, but really hate people from Papa New Guinea, you could check every box but them (what do they speak btw? lol, I don't have Papa New Guinea's either btw.) But you get the idea. Will trolls still troll? Yes, but it would be a nice start, and its not like games don't insta-pop now anyway. I donno, I could be wrong there, just an observation.

End of the day, it is an issue and its giving some players a bad rep. Easiest thing to do know is to just ignore the trolls when they start typing. I think have a theory that the best way to piss off an 11 year old Brazilian kid trolling is to just ignore them.

It's not everyone, and in general the summoner population has become really mean in every way imaginable lately, a huge change from when I started playing. Instead of encouragement and constructive criticism, its nothing but hate and rage. This is, yes, the fate of any game that becomes popular I agree, but it still sucks .

axesandspears

04-15-2011

For me, i'd just rather like to know if my teammates can understand me. So if you speak Spanish, I'll be fine if you just let me know you at least know enough English that we can communicate. That's the only issue I see with it.

Chaotic Strife

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidy Cat View Post
Wow, there are some seriously ignorant people who play LoL. Anyone who isn't bilingual should keep their bull**** opinion to themselves. A person is entitled to speak their native tongue if they want.
If you don't know english you should play on a none english server, I'm fairly sure League of legends is hosted in other countries by other companys though I may be wrong.

I myself am trilingual, I speak sign and english, as well as spanish. I also knew a little french and also a little German. When I'm speaking around a deaf person, it is extremly rude to not sign so they know whats being said, and likewise for when they sign and hearing people dunno what they say. It's the same general concept, it's rude, pure and simple. Outside of the fact this is a team game and requires you to communicate in order to do well unless your pub stomping and faceroll the enemy team alone.

I also understand that most people(around 80%) will complain about people speaking a different language and not once in their life will ever attempt to pick up a second language themself. However that doesn't change how rude person A: is being by not translating if they know you don't know whats being said. B: It also doesn't change how rude it is to insult people for speaking their native language.

It basically boils down too this is a team game, and in the end the better -team- will win. If your leaving half the players on your team with no idea whats going on then your not a team, at that point you end up being more like two squads and you will get destroyed.

ChexGuy331

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

most of the time I see someone with their name ending in "BR", they play tryndamere or nunu, rush into 5v1s, yell at us in portuguese for not helping when we're pushing a completely different lane, and then use broken english to call us all noobs if we lose or say "jajaja" when we win.

Gooch0

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Strife View Post

It basically boils down too this is a team game, and in the end the better -team- will win. If your leaving half the players on your team with no idea whats going on then your not a team, at that point you end up being more like two squads and you will get destroyed.
Well said. Communication is key. I would not imagine playing and even more team involved game like WoW if I couldn't understand half the people in my raid. Do people HAVE to know English/Spanish/whatever? No. Does it make more sense to segregate? I think so. It's shouldn't be mandatory, and no it's no racist either.

Gooch0

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexGuy331 View Post
or say "jajaja" when we win.
Ya, what does that mean anyway? lol. Is it just a play on "hahaha'?

Gooch0

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
There is more to north america than the US
LIER!!!!! ;p

Mr Sex Your Girl

04-15-2011

you're playing a game made in America where English is our language. You are complaining that people are unhappy that you are speaking a different language in a game that requires alot of coordination. Why should they have to tolerate your language? This isn't capitol hill...we don't have to be politically correct. We have the right, just as you do, to dislike anything.

Your options are to either ignore it or speak english. I guess you could stop playing the game as well.

idioSyncr4zy

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch0 View Post
Ya, what does that mean anyway? lol. Is it just a play on "hahaha'?
In Spanish j's are pronounced as h's... kind of... in that case they are just spelling out hahaha using their phoenetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Strife
I also understand that most people(around 80%) will complain about people speaking a different language and not once in their life will ever attempt to pick up a second language themself. However that doesn't change how rude person A: is being by not translating if they know you don't know whats being said. B: It also doesn't change how rude it is to insult people for speaking their native language.
Couldn't've said it better myself... I tried to earlier and failed :-P