Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaotic Strife

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkBling View Post
If you intend on typing in a non-English language, say something in English also if you speak it.

If you don't speak English, use character names and game jargon such as "Teemo MIA." That combined with a ping crosses language barriers.

Your teammates shouldn't care what language you speak as long as you can understand one another when it comes to the game. Let them know that you communicate and know how to play and you'll get respect.
This ^

I don't care when someone speaks another tounge, I understand if theres two of three or you it's more natural. However do not neglect that your very likly in a game with only english speakers, and you need to act as a team with them too or the game is gonna be lost This is completly aside from the fact it's really just rude to be speaking and leaving half the players completly out of whats going on.

Lafua

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
I understood your point and you ignored my counter point.

Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated sometimes when there are players who don't understand English and there is a giant disconnect with communication. I understand the frustration but it's no reason to flame people. What does flaming foreign speakers do other than make you look like a biggotted jerk? It's uncalled for and it's rude. It's more rude than speaking a different language in front of other people.

My counter point was that while they have to see things from our perspective. We need to see things from theirs. It;s a two way street and if you don't empathise you can't expect them to.
You say it's rude, and it is. But really the reason they do it is because when they see "insert some foreign language here" they just assume it's **** talk (which lets be honest, no one is an angel, it's bound to be sometimes) and THAT is just as rude, even if they don't know what you're saying.

Honestly, unless you know 4/5 of your team personally and they speak whatever, using english in chat is the best way NOT to get flamed, imo.

Sasori of Krieg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Speak both, try to teach people Spanish as you learn more English.
This will counter troll people who troll you....maybe. Or at the very least enrage them.

Lafua

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori of Krieg View Post
Speak both, try to teach people Spanish as you learn more English.
This will counter troll people who troll you....maybe. Or at the very least enrage them.
Trying to teach people will just make them rage harder.

Somepants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

I don't know what it's like in SA, but here in AMERICA we are giant ******bags online.

:/

Graeliad

04-15-2011

I think people get fed up with people that don't know how to communicate at all with the rest of the players on the NA servers. Not to mention most of the players in my games *from my experience* that speak foreign languages are very rude and only pipe up when they can rail someone for messing up.

A good idea to make this stigma go away would be to say something along the lines of a greeting in English to show that you are able and willing to communicate in with people should the need arise.

Flodoard

04-15-2011

I do have to say that it is a shame that there is no spanish speaking realm, but I don't believe people hate you because you are latino. I get raged on when I speak French

Personally, I'm guilty of hating on Polish people when they speak Polish in game. A team game requires that the team can work together, and if you insist on speaking a language that the team doesn't speak, not only is it strategically bad for the team, but also rude and isolating.

Now it is a problem that there aren't spanish speaking servers as spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world. But please, use the language of the server on which you play, using your native language for specialized purposes, like raging at someone, but in such a way that won't offend them lol

Flodoard

04-15-2011

and why is this in the Champion feedback forum? just asking

Tidy Cat

04-15-2011

Wow, there are some seriously ignorant people who play LoL. Anyone who isn't bilingual should keep their bull**** opinion to themselves. A person is entitled to speak their native tongue if they want.

Graeliad

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidy Cat View Post
Wow, there are some seriously ignorant people who play LoL. Anyone who isn't bilingual should keep their bull**** opinion to themselves. A person is entitled to speak their native tongue if they want.
Entitlement is one thing, but tact plays a role as well. Nobody said you have to communicate solely in English. People are simply stating that it's hard to understand you if you don't speak the language of the majority of the server. You're the one who's rude if you think that you shouldn't bother to communicate with your team at all considering the construct of the game.

Imo, if you don't want to play with people and learn to cooperate, then you didn't really pick the right game to play.