Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalenoth

12-29-2012

it's really because they don't speak english

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramerican View Post
By no measure of the words "most" or "world" is that statement true. It's English->Chinese by a landslide. Less than 5% of the world speaks Spanish.

._.

Just..... what?

Last time I revised, Most spoken language is Mandarin Chinese, followed by Spanish (2 or 3 place IIRC). More that 15 countries speak Spanish. Its way more that the 5-6 that speaks English. (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc).

Your ignorance is upsetting. And your trolling rather pitiful.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluug View Post
._.

Just..... what?

Last time I revised, Most spoken language is Mandarin Chinese, followed by Spanish (2 or 3 place IIRC). More that 15 countries speak Spanish. Its way more that the 5-6 that speaks English. (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc).

Your ignorance is upsetting. And your trolling rather pitiful.
First English as a first language is what your thinking of. As a second language English is spoken by roughly half the population of earth to at least a functional extent, and this makes it the most "known/spoken" language in the world, even if it's not everyone's native tongue. The continuous english world Empire (Britain for 100 years followed by USA for a 100 years) have resulted in english being the principle language of trade and international communication.

Native speaker wise English and Spanish are roughly tied for population with maybe a slight edge towards Spanish, though Mandarin has more native speakers then English, Spanish and French combined.

Secondly where in the world are the moderators? This is the most bigoted thread I've seen in awhile for both sides not to mention its in the wrong forum area.

Zezockary

12-29-2012

People who win games typically enjoy winning them. This game relies heavily on communication between teammates. In my experience, the majority of people in this game that speak spanish can not or will not speak english. This, in my opinion, cuts your chances of victory by a large chance. Like at least by 50%.

Honestly I think that if you play on the NA server, you should speak english. I do not think that it is appropriate to troll these people or otherwise berate them, I think that it should be a reportable offense. However, one of the rules of this game is that you are allowed to speak in whatever language you want, so we must put up with losing games because we cannot communicate with our teammates. I think that the spanish speaking, and otherwise non english speaking members of this game should learn enough english to communicate with their team out of respect for their fellow players, not because they will be trolled otherwise.

I do not believe anyone should be trolled or otherwse mocked for any reason and I think that is worse than being unable to communicate.

SentinelElite

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
What if they don't have vent, or any of the other voice chat programs?
Then you get one, like skype, which is free, if I'm not mistaken (It is entirely possible that it's not, I dont have it so I don't know). The reason that I don't like other languages being spoken in LoL is that I can't understand what you're saying, and can't communicate with you. Pings dont always work for communication, and that makes it more difficult for the majority of the players.

Most people don't have any problem personally with another language, but it is rather irritating to have 2 different languages running in chat, even if you do know both, much more so when you don't.

dontmakemepoolu

12-29-2012

Well to be honest, with all the due respect, i find that 99% of latino (or at least spanish speaking players) either do no give one **** about team comp, helping their team, or anything related to teamwork, or they just suck so bad at the game you'd think a two year old was playing. thats honestly why i and all my friends nearly insta quit when we have a mexican on our team.

AkaeBR

12-29-2012

I'm from Brazil and I only play in the NA server. Why? Cause of the skill level difference.
But I only play in the NA cause I have no problem typing and communicating in english. This game is heavily dependent on good communication with teammates, and if u cant have that u mess up the game most of time. Idk why ppl that cant speak english play in the NA server.

Tsabo

12-29-2012

North America =/= English.

My main language isn't english, it's spanish, but most of the time i talk in english because i don't want to be rude with people.

I think the main problem here is, some people from USA are so intolerant, yes i'm saying this, NOT ALL THE PEOPLE, but some, the worst part is, they don't even know that Portuguese = Spanish.
Some times i'm playing with 3 or more friends who barely know anything about enlgish, they just limit to say "bot mia" and ping, and i need to to talk to them in spanish, and if i need to say something to the english speaking people, i'll do it, but it's like they don't want or can't understand and they start trolling, insulting, harassing, well guys, that's annoying and it's sad, not for us, because we're used to that, but sometimes i just feel pity for some of this guys, so close-minded, so childish, anyway, i don't care about them, just ignore and keep playing.

I have met a TON of people who are really good, friendly and the most important part is... tolerant, but some people are just... the description of jerk.

ScionoftheSnows

12-29-2012

Pings. Very little else irritates me, but the pings are just awful. Please, be nice enough to not connect with a ping of 360 - there is a very particular reason servers are regional.
I hate afk about Latinos more than all else - they have bad connections and I regularly have to fight an uphill battle because of it.

Ideally, they'd speak English on NA, but I'm Canadian. I should be more multicultural, so whatever. It would be nice if I wasn't multicultural enough to be near-fluent in Spanish and able to understand some of the horrendous things they regularly call me. It's even worse than English players. Maybe there's a lack of cultural understanding [maybe it's hilarious to call people a PoS in Mexico?], but I hate being called a PoS every game and several other very unpleasant things.

If I went through, I've probably had some good games with Latinos, but I think that's not in the majority. I've also found a general disposition towards not giving a hoot or being actively malicious to teammates. Kind of like hotshot Ahri/Ashe players (you know what I'm talking about). It's the same problem.

Maybe it's all just cultural differences and I'm not privy to them, but I can't say I'd miss the Latino players if Riot put up a Latino-only server.

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

I have met very cool latino people on lol, but im gonna be honest the most ive met play dumb intentionally and troll