Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegolaSxXxGoku

04-16-2011

It might also be that many North American people are fed up with people who immigrate but don't even make a half-butted attempt to learn English and expect us to know their language. This is especially bad in So-Cal in my experience. If you want to live/interact with English speakers, then you have to speak English. When you use Spanish, even if it's just a few words or phrases it freaks people out because then they start to think you don't know English at all because all of the experiences we have here with many Latino immigrants is that you don't speak any/decent English

Everyone in my family is fluent in Finnish and Swedish (immigrated to the US 5 years ago) except for my little sister (she's 5). Because she doesn't speak our language we always make sure to use English around her. If you want to use your native language in the game be ready for people to be ignorant and troll or just tell them you are taking Spanish in high school and just messing around with the language :P

Personally though, I feel you are overreacting to the situation. In Finland people aren't publicly humorous, and so when many Finns interact with American tourists they think they are rude/loud/etc, but really this is just a cultural misunderstanding. Sarcasm and mocking are popular forms of humor here and when Americans make sarcastic/mocking jokes many foreigners don't get them.

JinLaw

04-16-2011

jajaja

torphias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramerican View Post
I can only speak for myself, but the frustration mostly comes from playing with people who don't speak your language, which happens to be the #1 language of trade for humans, in a team-based, cooperative game. There is a penalty for leaving games, and even a time penalty for leaving the champion select screen, so we are penalized if we don't play games with people who don't speak our language and generally don't contribute or end up feeding heavily. A lot of people enjoy getting "serious" with this game from time to time, and losing consistently because of teammates from a certain region of the world makes people unhappy with that country/region.

Another reason is that AAUUEHEHUEHUEHUHUHUEHEUHEUEHUE is like nails on a chalkboard to everyone that doesn't speak Spanish/Portuguese natively.

Why do Spanish-speakers refuse to learn English, then go into places where English is spoken and demand to be catered to? It boggles my mind.
Or you can learn spanish, see it goes both ways in the game there's no base language if you cant understand a person thats too bad for you, maybe they do know english but sime people like to make fun for the fact that people speak spanish and they dislike spanish talking people (Not everyone that speak spanish is mexican and mexicans are not the only latinos in the world)

Klinkin

04-16-2011

League of Legends is, first and foremost, an English game. Riot Games is based in America and conducts all their business in English. I can't speak for all the gamers out there, but I feel that teamwork wins games in League of Legends. The first and most important part of teamwork is communication. That's not possible without a common language. I feel that anyone playing on the English server should have at least a decent grasp of the English language (and I see plenty of players who fail to demonstrate said competency and presumably live in the US). Anyone who can't speak English should stay on the servers for their own native language.

At the OP in particular, jut because you're playing with your friend doesn't mean you should use Spanish. It's always useful for your other teammates to understand what you're saying. At the very least, keep all strategic and tactical talk in English, and assure your teammates that any Spanish is personal conversations.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torphias View Post
Or you can learn spanish, see it goes both ways in the game there's no base language if you cant understand a person thats too bad for you, maybe they do know english but sime people like to make fun for the fact that people speak spanish and they dislike spanish talking people (Not everyone that speak spanish is mexican and mexicans are not the only latinos in the world)
Like I said above, League of Legends is an English game. Everyone in North America plays on the English server. I can't read tooltips or champion descriptions in Spanish.

Schneeeeeeebler

04-16-2011

Trolls trolling trolls.

Ω Omega

04-16-2011

I guarantee that everyone in this thread has played with more players who, in fact, know and understand English and bring the team down than played with non-English speakers that do the same. Quit whining, English speakers are terrible at this game too.

Jimmu

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
What if they don't have vent, or any of the other voice chat programs? If you didn't have a voice chat program and were playing a game with a bunch of people who spoke Polish with a friend who also spoke English... you wouldn't try to communicate with them by speaking english in chat because you wouldn't want to be rude to the Polish speaking majority?
Since when polish have been the majority of League of Legends playerbase?

Speak english, because it's the only language that is teached around the world in most of schools. If polish don't want to speak english, then they can gtfo of my interwebz.

ice654

12-29-2012

Cuz your entire race is genetically predetermined to suck at LoL

DementedLord

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice654 View Post
cuz your entire race is genetically predetermined to suck at lol
necrobump

Nightwhite3

12-29-2012

We don't hate you guys, we just have no idea what you are saying and most trolls I've encountered have been Spanish speakers. Riot should have Spanish only an English only servers.