Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirAcey

04-15-2011

It's not so much hate as it is irritation with having to deal with people who don't know english in a game where communication is needed and not to mention its a north american server. Also running around saying morde es #1 hueheuheuhuehe doesn't exactly make you sound very intelligent either which only serves to make things more irritating.

Salruoth

04-15-2011

You are playing North American LoL. Which, by the way, doesn't include Mexico or Argentina.

Just letting ya know.

Windowlicka

04-15-2011

Could be because of the stereotypes associated with the Latin America trolls.

I swear to god if I hear, "BRAZIL ES #1, MORDE ES #1 JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA" one more freaking time...

Could also be because of the way Latinos are viewed by Americans, not that it's necessarily true, but stereotypes are there.

KittyDogBird

04-15-2011

It seems that, even though they speak spanish, or any language, they feel the need to speak the language in the game to their buddies, even though the majority is english. I understand if theyre talking about personal things that we don't give a **** about, but either A) whisper to them or B) talk to them after the game. It annoys me when they are talking about personal things, I ask "do you speak english" they say "yeah, but were talking about personal things." I always say "speak it in english, it helps with communcation so we atleast know you can speak it and we can maybe chime in an endorse communcation." Listen, this game isn't freaking skypee, texting, facebook, etc. etc. We are here to have fun, not to listen to foreign people talk about how their day went when they can just go on facebook and post it. If you really have to tell them something, either tell them in private, or tell them publicly IN ENGLISH! If you speak the language, SPEAK IT! Instead of talking to your friend and speaking a different language, speak english. It endorses communcation, and communcation wins games! At the most you'll win, at the least you won't be consdired a foreigner and deemed an insta-lose.

Off-topic, but I think this should be placed in general discussion.

Kathryn

04-16-2011

It isn't a hate but a frustration. Im glad you play with your friends, but i see you understand english, so talk for your friend. The only thing you need to do is call missing and maybe answer questions or call out/ask for ganks. I have gotten way more frustrated with people saying owned or bad game. This game is about communication and its not the best thing to read that over.

This might be too annoying to you to do, but if you are looking for a way to not deal with idiots talking about your language, you can whisper your friend directly. Type /w Name (Their player name) and then they can respond with /r then you can respond with /r. So each time you talk directly to them by pressing enter, then /r (space bar) convo takes two extra letters and can make it so you end the game more happily. A lot of people from the US are really bad at speaking english as well. But like someone pointed out, reading the phrase jajajajajajaja is like literally the worst thing ever spawned by mankind and to read this is worse than any insult because it isn't jaja, it is haha. Good Nigjt

NevosoInverno

04-16-2011

Reasons like this is why I'm learning Spanish. This is an English based game, so people playing it should assume that the majority of people are going to speak English. To be mad at someone who speaks another language, however, is ignorant. How many people can honestly say they speak another language other than English? Not many. English speaking people have the luck that is America has been a major world power for 100 years and for 300 years before that the British Empire reigned supreme, so people around the world have been accustomed to learning English to help themselves with their "superiors" (I say this in terms of the British colonies around the world, not as an egotistical term).

But lets be honest people, how hard would it be for you to learn some Spanish? You don't have to speak it to them to make it so they can be lazier, but it will allow you to understand what they are saying. Simple words: Back, tower, middle, top, bottom. 5 words that if you knew would make this game much easier for yourself.

All in all, don't be ignorant, and don't be hateful. You only make yourself look like the fool when you go off the wall on someone who does not speak your language. And on the flip side, if you're playing an English game, do not expect someone to know your language.

This is also a reason why it would be nice, not necessary, but nice to have a Latino server.

Kathryn

04-16-2011

Im all for a Latino server but its not a huge base of players to deal with that. I recommend going on chat and asking for teammates who speak spanish. But we have to learn two years of foreign language to attend a university. However yes we are lucky that the main language is English. I don't have anything other than that to say.. We don't need to speak it thoroughly because the games mainly produced are American games. I find it fantastic you want to come here, but I just prefer English speaking people on my team, i honestly thought there were Latino servers, and just thought it was friends from California or Texas. My friend keeps me up to date with common spanish phrases and how to respond to them so i do my part as well!

Borchos

04-16-2011

My Question to u is, why do u speak spanish in the team/all chat?
feel free to speak spanish in the /r aka whisper chat.
Reading bubbletalks AND bubbletalks u cant even understand is irritating and lowers ur ingame performance.

I am from Germany.
I play 2 out of 3 games with my german friends. And we all write english in the chat.
Dont matter if it is misses or strategy or trolling the other Team. It is english. Because english is the language of this international game.

Please write ur german/french/spanish/russian or what so ever in ur whisper chat, but dont use it in all chat!

thanks

Jason Joestar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

I dont have a problem with BRs... its just sometimes... they get really weird.... "I MID HUEHUEAHUEAHUEA" or "I REPORT HUEAHEUAHUEA." Its very hard to play a team game with someone who isn't willing to communicate with you.

rest0

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Joestar View Post
I dont have a problem with BRs... its just sometimes... they get really weird.... "I MID HUEHUEAHUEAHUEA" or "I REPORT HUEAHEUAHUEA." Its very hard to play a team game with someone who isn't willing to communicate with you.
HAHA

XDD this is so freaking true.

they say a lot of unintelligible words and then :

haushUShuahsuAUHSHU
HUHEUHEUHEUHUHU
HuahUAhuaHUuha
poAKSpoaskPOASKpaosk

lol

Anyway.... I learnt Portugues too cause you know... if you can't against them, join them.

This because another online game I used to play was filled of brazilians.