Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdventHawk7

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0 View Post
How do you play a game in english if you dont understand english?

You just USE the champions abilities without knowing what are they going to do?

Simple question for all those who don't know english...

And also in spanish:

¿cómo juegas un video juego en inglés si no entiendes el inglés?

Simplemente usas las habilidades de los champions sin saber siquiera lo que van a hacer?

Simple pregunta para aquellos que no saben inglés...
I think you don't know this, so I'll tell you now so you'll know. But you can change the language pack from english to spanish within the game client, if you want it to describe an ability in spanish, all you have to do is switch the language from english to spanish, or french, german, etc. All games can do this, your TV is even programmed to change basic language.

boodysnatcher

04-15-2011

Here are some reasons I've come across.

1. Spanish sounds a lot like Portuguese and Brazilians seem to troll a lot.

2. you cant communicate with people speaking a different language. Please use english in game and leave the spanish/whatever else in vent.

3. This game has a bunch of immature, over privileged , ignorant, arrogant, and childish people playing. We all get stuck with them.

Lesthrid

04-15-2011

Personally, i really dislike people who troll just because you say something in your native tongue, and from my personal experience i get trolled more by English speakers than by Latinos. I am perfectly bilingual between both languages and I am from Puerto Rico (which makes me an American citizen) and when I play with Spanish speaking friends I tend to speak Spanish. The thing is I also have many English speaking friends and when I team up with them and randomly get some Spanish speakers on the team they seem to troll less than when I team up with my Spanish speaking friends and get random English speakers on the team. From my experience, most of the people who troll for speaking Spanish are American, and they quickly assume you are Mexican. English speakers from other countries tend to be more aware of other countries' cultures so they tend to troll less, and they sometimes even know a little Spanish (some Americans do too, but i just wanted to point it out). Spanish speakers shouldn't have too learn English any more than English speakers should learn Spanish. No language is better than any other, and if you are the one who can't speak the language of the majority on your team, you are the one being disruptive not them. Trolling people just because you don't understand their language just shows how immature and ignorant those who troll are.

Vestic

04-15-2011

If I was to go to Mexico or some S. American country to live, they wouldnt say "hey heres some foodstamps, free school lunches for kids, and we will speak your language for you". All I'm saying is that if you come to the US, expect to learn OUR language so we dont have to learn YOURS.

Tagion

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
HI, Guys!

Well i bring this Thread to talk about this annoing thing that happen to me a lot when i play Lol with other friends....

First of all, im not from USA or Eu, im from SouthAmerica, Argentina to be more expecific... Im learning english and trying to do the First Certificate Exam, And my biggest wish is to live in USA and work there too as a Game Disinger...(im saying this first cuz i want to whoever read this Thread to understand my feeling and dissapoint about this)

I play 2 or 3 games per day, since im working and i have a lot of work right now, but always thouse 2 or 3 games ended with me feeling bad or sad... and this are the reasons:

1st- Thouse games that i play per day, i usually played with one of my friends that lives here in Argentina, and of course we,mostly of the time, talk in Spanish, and this is the problem .... when i said some word in Spanish, most of the other summoners started talking in All saying something like "Taco" or "Burrito" or some stupid non-sense words like that one.... i said something like "Im not from Mexico, Im from Argentina", and the guys keep trolling at me....

2nd- When i was reading the "Jobs Page" in LOL site,there were a lot of Communities but there werent anyone about Spanish or LatinoAmerica communities, why would u ignore us? At least 20%, more or less, of the ppl who play this game, talk or are from some countryes who talk in Spanish, this make no sense at all, in my oppinion....

i dont know if there is another Thread about this or not, and i dont rly care about, i just want to express what i feel in this moment, cuz i rly love USA, i want to leave there but mostly of ur ppl treat us like scum, or even less that that, and i want to know why?

I want say more for now, if u want to critic or say something about this, then do it, i will read it and talk again soon...
Well I can only speak for myself , I can tell you why I dislike spanish. I live in Arizona. Im very , very tired of being surrounded by aliens looking for a free handout that cant even bother to learn english. Since they dont pay taxes they dont contribute anything and leach our state dry through our programs that where originally put in place to help people who need it not to prop up another countrys citizens. Thats not even mentioning all the crime , drug trafficing and murders. Despite what the US goverment and main stream media say we do have a huge problem ........Sorry started raging for a second. Anyway , I can see that your learning english , you got your point across very well and im sorry you get lumped in with mexicans for speaking spanish. There is my point of view and why I dont like the language.

Its also might be that im kinda in a customer server job and by the time I get home every day i've heard Habla Espanol? like 38 times in 8 hours then I sit down to blow off steam and all I hear in game is when I say " Hey guys want to get dragon?" is QEU???

TL;DR - I live in Arizona. I'm sick of that language.

Daikaze

04-15-2011

Gee, thanks for stereotyping Americans... I really appreciate it.

That said... We aren't all like that and I wouldn't even say most are like that. It's a vocal minority... which gets worse on the internet due to anonymity,

I don't quite understand the 2nd issue... Are you complaining that there's no Spanish specific job openings?

I will admit that LoL lacks simple macros to bridge any communication gap.

thecoyl

04-15-2011

because you don't speak English.... well not you obviously but the ones that dont.

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

lets work as a team
Non speaking English guy: pushing mobs lalallalalala

BostonStapler

04-15-2011

well, i guess this is my opinion. Every game i have played where there was 1 or 2 people speaking another language other than english, we lose. well most of the time. It is very frustrating to get people who don't speak english at all. When ever i solo que and i get spanish speakers i ask them to talk in english very nicely. they say ok and never do, this results to cut of communication and that is key for this game. I just hope that you can understand the frustration on our end. generally im kind to other language speakers but you have to learn. America is full of *******s who think they are the best. I can say this because i am american

Jeevees

04-15-2011

It's frustrating playing with people on ENGLISH speaking servers that do not speak english.
Trying to organize a team or tell someone what we're up to when they do not know english leads to many misunderstandings and also often result in us losing the game.

My english, as a swede, is not perfect, but I can understand other's and have them understand what I say.