Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rest0

04-15-2011

How do you play a game in english if you dont understand english?

You just USE the champions abilities without knowing what are they going to do?

Simple question for all those who don't know english...

And also in spanish:

¿cómo juegas un video juego en inglés si no entiendes el inglés?

Simplemente usas las habilidades de los champions sin saber siquiera lo que van a hacer?

Simple pregunta para aquellos que no saben inglés...

Redfar

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1234 View Post
This is the kind of attitude that most people should have. Spanish is super easy to learn people. Do you know what the Spanish word for hospital is? Hospital. I've had 2 years of high school Spanish and 1 semester of college Spanish and I can communicate with people in chat.
Okay and we should learn it why?

Oh lol learn spanish since these folks would rather you learn their language than they learn yours even if the game is dominated by the english language.

Gooch0

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceromus View Post
My family is from south america and ive visited colombia a few times. Here in the US they commonly refer to me as mexican. Doesn't happen all the time but they associate hispanic/spanish with Mexican. Don't ask me why I dunno.

They do the same thing to Canadians overseas, think they are Americans. I have a buddy that has a Canadians leaf of his backpack when he goes out so people don't hate him for being an american lol.

Zealot644

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch0 View Post
They do the same thing to Canadians overseas, think they are Americans. I have a buddy that has a Canadians leaf of his backpack when he goes out so people don't hate him for being an american lol.
I have actually had that happen to me over there. Everyone calms down when you explain you are Canadian. Funny actually.

Sorry Americans <3

Amberleh

04-15-2011

Skype is free to use and have an account on. Just get a microphone- You can get them for 10 bucks. If you have the money to play on a computer than can run League of Legends, you have ten dollars to spend on a microphone.
This way, you can speak Spanish or Portuguese to your buddies on skype and speak ENGLISH to the rest of us in game chat.
You say that you do not like being included in the conversation because you are speaking Spanish, soo.. How do you think we feel? We can't understand you when the two of you sit there typing to eachother in Spanish, so we feel pretty disincluded.
It is sad that people troll you, but seriously, it IS an English game and it requires good communication. The game is not about you and your buddy alone, it's about your entire team, so just speak english in chat and then speak spanish on skype- This will also stop you from being distracted by your constant typing.

Zealot644

04-15-2011

We need a forum post that is stickied:

"Not English? Read this." with it in spanish aswell in the thread title (I only know English and French so I wont even try lol)

It would cover things like why you may receive hate, how to stop it, and reasons why we shouldnt have to learn your language on our own games.

Amberleh

04-15-2011

Here, I even found a super cheap headset you can order online RIGHT NOW.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-8&seller=

And here's Skype:http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home

Naga

04-15-2011

Personally, I don't care what language my team speaks. In the beginning I see people trying funny words and I'm like "oh, ****." So I ask "English?".
A Majority of the time they say "In team fights we'll speak in English, in out lane we'll speak our language. " That's fine with me.

But other people who don't speak English tend to be... trolls. Trolls that make no sense and speak broken English. It's highly frustrating.

Sorry you've experienced *******s, just ignore them and work on your English I suppose? :/
( I know that's the cocky American thing to say. Learn our language because yours doesn't matter, blah, blah.. )

Lizto

04-15-2011

Being a hispanic player myself, I tend to encourage other hispanics to chat in english during gameplay. By doing this, I also wind up playing with a "bunch" of latinos since they tend to befriend everyone they meet that speaks spanish.

Most of the time however, even though they cant communicate too well throughout sentences, they will still have the knowledge to get the message through by using simple phrases. They tend to know the commonly used terms such as "b", "mia", "gank", "help", "go", among others. They will also ping when necessary. So even though you cannot really type "omg dude what are you doing you stupid ******!?" and expect them to understand everything, you should still be able to communicate and expect them to do their role by merely typing simple commands.

Treat latinos nicely, and they wont attempt to be the bigger jerk (cause I know thats what most do, especially argentinans, jk).

Also a good tip is that some of you to try learn some of our language (and others too, of course) as this is a problem you will have to deal with for a while and will save you from frustration just for spending an hour or two learning VERY basic phrases. Also, Im well aware of some of you guys having the "Well, I speak english, english is the most used language internationally, and as such I do not need to learn anything else", however thats a falacy, and Im pretty sure that if an important corporation is trying to hire people, somebody that can speak more languages fluently will clearly be more appealing than someone with just his native language to his name. All Im saying, learning other languages is NOT a waste.

AdventHawk7

04-15-2011

Please don't feel offended by the majority of ignorant americans that call themselvs americans, it's not just americans that have these faults its in other countries too. People in general like to talk trash or make fun of thing's they don't understand, such as the people you've spoken of, they don't understand or speak spanish, so they ignorantly make fun of the dialog or the nationality all together.

For the fact that they don't understand that you don't live in mexico, they probably don't know a thing about where Argentina is located and think the spanish language is only spoken in either Spain or Mexico. That's another thing they are ignorant about, they probably are also very under age if they saw it funny to make fun of another language or race. They are probably some immature little kids still in school, and probably are failing in World Geography class as well.

Please don't feel bad or feel any anger towards Americans as a majority thinking we're all like that, I for one hate alot of americans that are like that, and I also hate alot of other people from various other countries that are ignorant and are intolerable.

Everytime I enter a game and notice someone speaking spanish, I usually tell them basically the only sentence I taught myself to say in spanish, just so they know that I'm not very fluent in the language.

"No hablar y comprendien espaniol buena, tu eres hablar y comprendien ingles?"

I probably don't need the "tu" in there but I feel it helps if there are more than one person speaking the language