Brand Build (Need Advice)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toxik Repo

04-15-2011

Hey everyone!

I just got Brand, and I think he's amazing and I have a few suggestions for a runepage and build, but I want some criticism.

For the runepage, I am thinking

3 Quints of Insight (Magic pen)
9 Marks of Insight (Primary Magic Pen)
9 Glyphs of Focus (Primary Cooldown Reduc)
9 Seals of Replenishment (Primary MP/5 )

As for an ingame build, I am thinking

Amplifying Tome + Health Pot -> Fiendish Codex -> Basic Boots -> Morello's Evil Tome -> Sorcerers Boots -> Catalyst -> Rod of Ages -> Needlessly Large Rod -> Zhonya's Hourglass ,

That's all I can think of right now. I tend not to trust snowballing items (Mejai's Soulstealer), considering they're not reliable unless you're obtaining those essential kills.

For a mastery tree i'm primarily thinking mostly utility, but branching into offensive aswell. I'd enjoy any help you guys are willing to give me to help me become a better player. Thanks in advance!

corallein

04-15-2011

Starting with a Sapphire Crystal + 2x health pots and rushing Catalyst (or a Doran's Ring in some cases) is better than Amplifying Tome.

Also getting an early Rabadon's is also important. Despite Brand's low per-spell-AP-ratios, AP does increase his damage by a lot just due to the fact that ALL his abilities do damage. And a single Rabadon's with no other AP items takes you from needing W+E to clear the caster creeps to one-shotting them with W.

CDR you can get from blue buff + blue pot, and you already have a good chunk of it from masteries + runes, so it's not really important to itemize for.
You're also missing Void Staff in your build, which is a necessary item for any AP caster (assuming the opponents aren't brain-dead and know to build MR against Brand).

Expose AnthraX

04-15-2011

With brand you need a lot of AP fast. Get Morello tome later if you find you don't need defense. No need for rod of ages, just a catalyst.

IRNUBATDIZ

04-15-2011

i do
Flat HP Qunits and Flat AP Glyphs
9/0/21 improve ghost/flash
and i do the stander caster build
Sapphire Crystal > merc or sorc boots> Catalyst > Needless > Deathcap > void staff > Banshee > Hourglass > Rylai
or if u want Archangle instead of Rylai get the tear after Deathcap or b4 Banshee

Atticus Ludwig

05-17-2011

well i play brand a lot, and i use cooldown per lvl glyhs, health per lvl seal, magic penetration marks and AP flat quent..also i take dorans ring first for the mana regen and ap, i try to farm 1 kill and some minions to get needlesly large rod at 9-12 mins, if i do i will have 120 AP at 12 mins..i finish rabadons then rylais then will of the ancients and the rest is up to the enemy! masteries i get 9/21/0 because lets face it he needs some defence! with these i have a very good score in games! check my profile to see..

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

I use my standard mage page for Brand. MPen Marks, MP5/lvl Seals and Glyphs, 2 Move Speed Quints and 1 MPen Quint. The 9 marks and the 1 quint give you 10 MPen at level 1, and with Sorc Shoes that brings you to 30 MPen which is the base MR of nearly every champion in the game. I'm probably going to go back to using Flat CDR for my Glyphs though.

Itemwise, I rush a Catalyst starting with the Sapphire Crystal. He really does the sustainability of the item for both his HP and Mana during laning. After that I get boots 1 then build a Fiendish Codex. Sorc Shoes after that to then finish Morello's. After that it depends on the game, but I usually start to a Deathcap at this point.