Having fun vs Tryhards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

02-26-2010

I love how people state "Playing to Win" lets you enjoy the game to the fullest!

Except that you're skipping a majority of the champions! lol.

SatanIsMyMotor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Katarina is still a **** good champion. You noobs just ***** too much.

Puddledive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullindal View Post
Case is,

As of late i'm in love with Kat.
I know, she has some issues.
Point is, i hardly ever win with kat, and tbh i don't care.
I love to play her.

Since i used to play some of the "better" champions, i reached to a decent ELO.
Now i get scolded EVERY game for picking Kat, and for being somewhat useless with her.
And while im not the worst with kat, i understand their frustration.
BUT, my team has a different goal then me when playing this game, and thats where the problems come.

The teams tend to play to win, and win only.
Resulting in either a fast surrender, or a nasty battle with a few people running around in base whining.
Most of the time i have 1 team mate that thinks like me, i play this game to play, win or lose, as long as i enjoy it.

CONCLUSION for those that hate reading
------

It think it would be nice for those "tryhards" to have some kind of option that keeps them from joining up with the less serious players.

TBH, most of the time i dun care about those tryhards, but i met some last game that actually understood my point of view.

PS: Kat's amazing, even if she's useless!
The main reason this will fail is because of the people you are trying to kick out of your pool.

People who are talented tryhards aren't the people you are playing. You are running into people who aren't good enough to make a real splash. They want to be elite, but they aren't good enough. So crushing pubs is their only way to feel good about themselves.

So you split the people into groups, tryhards and casuals, these dinks are going to join the casual games. They want to feel elite, and what could make one feel better than winning all the time because they are playing against people just trying to have fun. That alone wouldn't be much of a problem really, but this type of player isn't going to do it quietly. It only counts as a real win if they can announce it to the world and make sure their opponents feel their perceived superiority. Thus the taunting and smack-talking will begin.

If you could somehow ensure (which you can't) that these people would be put in the big kids pool, it would be a great idea. But there is no way to really police that, so the problem would remain. I guess it would be mildly better than being yelled at by your own team, but would still grow old in short order.

SquallGBlade

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullindal View Post
Case is,

As of late i'm in love with Kat.
I know, she has some issues.
Point is, i hardly ever win with kat, and tbh i don't care.
I love to play her.

Since i used to play some of the "better" champions, i reached to a decent ELO.
Now i get scolded EVERY game for picking Kat, and for being somewhat useless with her.
And while im not the worst with kat, i understand their frustration.
BUT, my team has a different goal then me when playing this game, and thats where the problems come.

The teams tend to play to win, and win only.
Resulting in either a fast surrender, or a nasty battle with a few people running around in base whining.
Most of the time i have 1 team mate that thinks like me, i play this game to play, win or lose, as long as i enjoy it.

CONCLUSION for those that hate reading
------

It think it would be nice for those "tryhards" to have some kind of option that keeps them from joining up with the less serious players.

TBH, most of the time i dun care about those tryhards, but i met some last game that actually understood my point of view.

PS: Kat's amazing, even if she's useless!
first of all
+1
Second of all, I just recently started playing Kat again, and by far the best build is AP. Im not sure what it is, but her damage is just increased like 3x as much as PD.
Dorans Shield
Sorcerer Boots
Mejas
Rylais (for survivability)
The staff that -20 MR and adds to your own
Then Warmogs

With kat you cant do okay. You can either be beastly or you can extremely weak.
So if you havent yet, try out AP and prove those *******s shes one of the best gankers. (btw, though this is really bad in real games, a great combo for ganking is eve + kat)