Having fun vs Tryhards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aerborne

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxFan View Post
yes it would be nice to separate casual from serious player... oh wait riot is going to do that with ranked games
Then why the need for queue dodge penalty? These games aren't ranked why should i be forced to cater to people who don't want to win. I want a challenge not a roflstomp.

You should be able to pick whoever you want and play however you want. That includes Qdodgers who don't want to play with you.

You basically pointed out the biggest flaw in the queue dodge temp ban penalty.... These matches aren't even ranked. How is it cheating when the system isn't even intended to be a ranking score.

Knote

02-26-2010

Ok let me clear something up.

Everyone generally plays to win (That's the main ****ing objective of the game of course) but the difference between a "casual" and a "tryhard" is that one doesn't care too much/get mad if they lose, as long as it was a fun/good game. The other makes sure they do everything they can to win regardless of how boring it is.

I can see the fun of tryharding/playing to win in a tournament or something, inflate your ego, get that rush, w/e.

Winning the game is just the objective that guides players into situations that are fun. Such as champ fights, team fights, working as a team all that hooplah.

For example if I were to tryhard with a premade and they pick top-tier champs and I get assigned with ward-duty and one trick pony Kayle. Omg I'm playing to win and I'm SOOOO ****ing pro, but wait, THIS IS ****ING BORING AS HELL, why am I even doing this!?

Another example, I enjoyed playing Nidalee alot, although some of the fun diminished when everyone cries OP. However I've gotten a bit bored of her so I play other champs which may not be so top tier but are ****ing fun as hell. But if I get stuck facing a tryhard premade I'm pretty much out of luck, especially if my team isn't that great to begin with.

At this point I just feel like playing Nid and play to win just to get the IP to give the new Champ a try.

Smurfing won't solve anything, stomping newbs isn't any more fun, and I'd have to give up all the champs, runes and skins I unlocked with money/time.

Insanious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2010

If practice games didnt give less ip when i win then when i lose a normal game (51 vs 68) then maybe i would try out new heroes in practice games first. but when i give up 25 - 45 mins of my time to lose regardless usually why would i settle for less ip?

3rdWorstPlayerNA

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistrom View Post
jeez just like the people i play wiht "why dont you NOT play champions with skill shots while your drunk?? oh yeah well wwhy dont you guys go to hell lol, imma play Blitzcrank while im blitzed off my ass and miss every godd dammm grab just because i feel like drinking more... btw we still won.... i eventually got one grab, but maan was it worth it
ROFL anytime you want to play drunk, feel free to add me. I'm usually knocking back beers playing this game anyway.

Remunial

02-26-2010

Quote:
It think it would be nice for those "tryhards" to have some kind of option that keeps them from joining up with the less serious players.
When you press the Play button on the top of your screen there are a few options that pop up afterwards. "Normal Game" "Arranged Team" and "Practice"...you want to select the third one...."Practice"...

Eaglesfan

02-26-2010

I am lost as to people who say they play for fun and not to win. Who the hell thinks losing is fun? When you lose you are doing bad, which is not fun. When you win you usually do good so it is fun. All these people "playing for fun" i think just dont wanna admit they aren't as good as others

RHINO Mk II

02-26-2010

I play for fun, and admittedly winning is good fun, but so is an epic close game. If your team gets steamrolled, it isn't fun, especially if it's not your fault, but even a tight match where everyone is playing their best is fun if you lose.

Knote

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan View Post
I am lost as to people who say they play for fun and not to win. Who the hell thinks losing is fun? When you lose you are doing bad, which is not fun. When you win you usually do good so it is fun. All these people "playing for fun" i think just dont wanna admit they aren't as good as others
Perhaps you didn't read my post. Everyone plays to win, that's a fact unless you plan on feeding/griefing to lose the game. However playing for fun means you're not gonna go out of your way to make sure you win, such as picking the absolute best champs, building the perfect team, going hardcore on wards and yelling at people to do this and that perfectly, or follow the best cookie cutter item build... etc etc.

There are alot of champions that won't be played by people just "playing to win".

Of course I play to win, but I'm not gonna cry if we lose, as long as the game isn't complete suckish (like most are : aka steamrolling). I just want to have a fun game with similar skilled players (I'm not a noob), have some fun fights, and not take it so seriously or get mad, etc.

Also if you're going to be a complete "tryhard" and do everything you possibly can to make sure you win, don't solo queue....

Oh hey look, another game with TF/NID/ALISTAR/FIDDLE on each team.... woohoo

Devil May LOL

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
So basically you're not a team player eh?

Do you ever pick a tank because no one did? :/

If you know a hero is bringing your team down but pick it anyways, then you need to work on your team work.
I could pick alistar for myself but what's the point of playing if I'm not enjoying it?

As OP said, he's playing kat just because she's fun, he's not playing to win, just for the enjoyment of the game. You are taking this game too serious, champs bring team down champs fit the team... such bs.

I'll continue to my fav champ in game. If you want to win that badly, pick a tank. I simply don't care. Just because you don't have a tank or team comp looks rubbish doesn't mean you are going to lose.

VortexMagus

02-26-2010

Long story short, original poster plays exclusively to have fun for himself, and doesn't mind screwing over at least four people (his teammates) in order to get there.

Thats fine if you're playing chess, but if you're playing LoL its a problem. Your team deserves to have fun too, and you're basically saying "f*ck you guys, winning isn't fun, dragging down my team by playing subpar heroes is fun"

Maybe you should just play games against bots. You can have fun with kat then, and not screw over your teammates in matchmaking whenever you do it.