Help me fix my terrible, terrible Jax playing!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

02-26-2010

I just played a match where I started with Doran's Blade, and it made a big difference. I still took some early deaths, but not nearly as many.

After Doran's I went with the Rageblade, then the Ninja Tabi, then Bloodthirster. After that I got Lich Bane, but the game was already pretty much done.

Dazmen

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
I'm confused... are you all playing AP Jax? I see no reason to take empower until level 13 if you are playing Jax as an attack damage build... its not very good without the AP scaling and the Sheen procs, you are much better leveling your AoE stun and dodge chance (while focusing first on leveling your ult then jump of course)

I find it usfull to pick up one level of empower early on to help with harassment. Empower>leap>counterstrike(if avaible) can be nice harassment (depending on who you lane agaisnt) Granted empower doesnt hurt as bad as pre-buff, but it is alot easier to get off becuase they dont run away ****ping their pants when they see your lamppost glowing lol.

Quote:
Don't always buy dodge boots, but buy them more often then any other

for dmg, get Ap first, rageblade works wonders and is only about 2k

after that there are some good options:

Trinity, Atmas, Bloodthirster

Trinity gives you everything you need, but at the cost of being expensive

Atmas gives you more survivability with a nice dmg boost

Bloodthirster gives you alot more dmg, with a nice health boost

The best jax is hybrid jax, because AP scales so well early game, but piss poor late game... use that to your advantage since jax has great AP ratios
What i do is
1.) Doran's Sheild
2.) Ninja Tabi (unless it is a stun/magic intensive team then merc)
3.) Rageblade
4.) Bloodthirster or Infinity...i have been liking Bloodthirster better though

Game is over when i have my blood thirster normally, so i havn't had a chance to try much else. I have seen a Jax use the same build as me except he got a soulstealer and he was being a pain. I am not a fan of snowball items myself but i have considered throwing it in before/after rageblade.

KhaoticImp

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Control View Post
SO these replys are goodness, and I think this pretty much sums it all up.

SO if 2 ranged guys can completly contain early jax...and they can.... isnt that a probelm?

That makes him weak, he will remain outfarmed to these guys. They will be rich and the same level. And he is no good without gear, so he needs to not be outfarmed.

I feel like some more magic resist would really help with this problem.
Ask for a lane change.