[Guide] Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avano

02-26-2010

Overview: A high health/Damage champion with the ability to deal high consistent AOE damage and tank most encounters.

Strenghts:

• Above average AoE Damage.
  • High health/Regen.
  • Extremely strong lane pushing ability
  • Amazing 1vMultiple Capabilities
Weakness:
  • Still wont outdo a PURE Dps, or PURE tank
  • Slow early game.
  • No CC or CC breaker

Abilities

Passive:20% of the damage dealt from ability is converted in to a temporary shield. Maximum shield strength is 600.00 health. The shield decays by 2% per second.

Q:Mace of spades:On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to three nearby targets, dealing his attack damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the bonus damage is doubled

Q:Mace of spades:On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echos out striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing his attack damage plus 20/40/60/80/100 bonus damage. If the target is alone, the bonus damage is doubled.

W:Creeping death:Unleashes a protective cloud of metal shards to surround an ally, increasing armor and magic resistance by 10/15/20/25/30 and dealing 16/32/48/64/80 (+.1 per ability power) damage per second to enemies in the cloud.

E:Siphon of destruction:Mordekaiser damages enemies in a cone in front of him, dealing 65/110/155/200/245 (+.25 per ability power) magic damage.
For each unit hit, Mordekaiser's shield absorbs an additional 8/12/16/20/24 health.

R:Curses an enemy champion for 8 seconds, stealing 3/3.5/4% life per second, plus an additional 0.1% per 100 AP.

If the target dies while under the effect of the curse, their soul is enslaved and will follow Mordekaiser for 30 seconds. During this time, Mordekaiser gains quarter of their ability power, and attack damage. the spirit gains 65/75/85% of Mordekaiser's adjusted damage, ability power, and health totals.

K now that i gave the info about each one ill elaborate on how to use each.

Q:As for your Q. The way i build my morde, Q is mostly used to harass and build up your shield( You will see you only get 1 rank of it early on)

W:For your w, this is one of the best skills in the game imo. Amazing for harassing and keeping you alive early on in a lane. Use it both to harass and keep ur shield above 40% early in the game.

E:Your E and W are your highest damage moves with my build but E will be your spamable nuke so to speak.

R: Depending who iam killing or if its 1vmany or 1v1 or team fight, ill use it at different % of enemy health. But keep in mind right timing with this can turn a fight around.

Often will i use a copy i get to tank a tower and give him my Creeping death and take down a tower alone after a 1v1 or 1v2.
__________________________________________________ ________
Summoner spells.
Now i wouldn't wander away from my choices as i have experimented much with this and this is by far the best

Cleanse- YOU MUST MUST MUST HAVE THIS NO EXCUSES

Now your second choice MUST be between
Exhaust
or
Flash

Lately i have been taking exhaust over flash because of morde's lack of CC/Snare.

__________________________________________________ _________
Masteries

You will be running with a 9/21/0 Build
The specific build is here
http://www.leaguecraft.com/masteries...00000000000000

My reasoning for this is simple. Your a spell power tank. The fact that the more dmg you deal gives you more on your shield is nice, as well as the high AoE dmg you can cause havoc with.

Defense tree gives you both tank like talents as well as Nuker ones
Plus improoved cleanse .
__________________________________________________ ____
Runes
Ok i run "odd" rune choices but here it goes

Reds:Magic pen FLAT
Yellowodge or health
Blue: Cool down reduction FLAT
Quint:+32 health.

Im sure you can play with this around A LOT, but the health quints and CDR ones are almost needed.
__________________________________________________ _
Spell leveling choice.
THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON LANE VARIABLES.

1.W
2.E
3.Q
4.W
5.E
6.R
7.E
8.E
9.W
10.E
11.R
12.W
13.W
14.Q
15.Q
16.R
17.Q
18.Q

Like i said this can change, but this is usually what i take and it works wonder
__________________________________________________ __________________

Now the most important part imo is item choice

To start off i buy a Regrowth pendant
Now ill list item order
1.Regrowth pendant
2.Ruby crystal
3.Giants belt
4.Warmogs
5.Boots of speed
6.Sorcerers boots
7.Amp tome
8.Blasting wand
9.Giants belt
10.Rylais

Around this point is where games end.

11.Blasting wand
12.Amp tome
13.Void staff

At this point you can choose to build a second rylais, an abyssal scepter, a lich bane or a zhonyas, or a deathfires.

Early game: Harass consistenly with all 3 moves, Depending on your partners and opponents you can easily get low level kills. DO NOT SWITCH LANES , unless playing in premade and are well aware it wont go to ****.

YOU NEED TO FARM EARLY GAME.

Mid game: By this point you should have your warmogs boots and start building your rylais. You should be able to take on most heros, and tank most team fights with ease.

Depending on your teammates i take the blue and red buff at times for the slow and cool down reduction. YOU MUST INITATE ALOT OF TEAM FIGHTS in order for you to grow .

Late game: you should be plowing through everyone. Using your ult correctly can easily get you a 2 tower or a tower and inhib push.

First guide i have released publicly.

EnronTheGreat

02-26-2010

Congrats on your first guide! I do have some major disagreements however. E being taken first is always priority imo, with Q 2nd and then W. E does everything W does, with more burst damage and a much shorter cooldown, spammed on creep waves this will ensure constand shield. The increase in resistance W gives you really isn't much in terms of raw survivability, or at least something you would want to trade more shield for.

I have a few gripes with your item list also, why would you EVER want 2 rylais? Imo, Rylais should be built before anything else, you NEED the slow desperately and it will give you some use in team fights. It gives imediate hp so it's not like your missing out on much not building 'mogs first.

Avano

02-26-2010

Like i said the spell order can change, The way i play iam always the initator for kills even at level 1-5. And W has proven to save me Several several times. Regardless i have E at level 2. and that is leveled as priority form that point on. As for items Yes i have tried getting ryalis first. BUT after playign with warmogs first the health regen and EXTRA chunk of like 300-400 health you get makes a ridiculous difference. Now like i said you can change and alter it or run your own, but after several games i have realised that the warmogs makes too much of a difference to pass up, especially because of how easy you can farm the stacks being such a great AoE hero like morde.

Avano

02-26-2010

bump

cardboardbox

02-26-2010

Have you thought of Haunting Guise? Seems like it would be pretty good in a build like this.

Avano

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
Have you thought of Haunting Guise? Seems like it would be pretty good in a build like this.
Actually thats the item i used my first run through with him with this play style, but health regen is not enough early game, and the Mp5 is wasted.

Mr Valentine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Guide is pretty good. However I often like getting Q to start with for dealing a high amount of dmg and hitting the other champion if you encounter them before creeps.

Avano

02-26-2010

Yea the L1 skill is very debateable, btw those reading this please comment with opinion.

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnronTheGreat View Post
Congrats on your first guide! I do have some major disagreements however. E being taken first is always priority imo, with Q 2nd and then W. E does everything W does, with more burst damage and a much shorter cooldown, spammed on creep waves this will ensure constand shield. The increase in resistance W gives you really isn't much in terms of raw survivability, or at least something you would want to trade more shield for.
i agree completely with that, that's what my champion feedback was about, and what my guie is going to include. but as for rylai's sceptor, i believe that's a big waste of your gold, seeing how AP gives you very little bonuses.

Lunysgwen

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded 47 View Post
i agree completely with that, that's what my champion feedback was about, and what my guie is going to include. but as for rylai's sceptor, i believe that's a big waste of your gold, seeing how AP gives you very little bonuses.
A lot of Mord's abilities are AoE, and when you couple this with Rylai's, you get a consistant mass slow if you use his abilities right.