Poll Removed

Poll Removed 0 0%
Poll Removed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Southeast Asia megathread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Assasinates13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBaddy View Post
Too bad in SEA countries, English is a mandatory class. That just means you failed to try to communicate with them.
QFT. I love English though i'm in SEA.

VKyrin

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBaddy View Post
I think I speak for us all ( except for the elite racists ) when I say this was an extremely bad move on riot's behalf.

Why would you guys BLOCK out SEA IP's? What other game FORCES this? For what reason was this decision even CONSIDERED?!
I'll plug in a post I made earlier.

Quote:
Mmmm I'll tell you this, the reason why SEA gaming companies ALWAYS secure exclusive rights to the region is because their service tends to be terrible.

They can't compete with anyone else in the world, so they force you to play their games through exclusion.

Examples of the great SEA provisions for us lowly mortals.

- CabalSEA's cashshop was directly priced in accordance to the EU version. In other words, we have to effectively pay double (or more) what is reasonable due to the exchange rate.

- Accounts that have been banned for hacking/glitching/abuse could be unblocked instantly by making a $20 plea at the local Asiasoft office. Include puppy dog eyes for great effect.

- Dragonica SEA had a GM sale event, where ultra rare items were sold! Of course, the ultra rare item was priced at $200, and I don't mean in game money.

- MapleSEA... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HA.

- Let's not forget that SEA servers lag. Lag for South East Asians.

I would add more, but I stopped playing anything locally provided a while ago.
It's probably not so much that Riot WANTED to block SEA IPs, rather it would be impossible to seal the deal without exclusive rights. SEA providers are honestly TERRIBLE, so it's the only way they can remain competetive.

And if the company which bought the rights truly is Asiasoft, I can swear on the grave of LoL that I will never play the local servers.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxnyxnyx View Post
I'm pretty disappointed with this sudden decision, but I still respect the fact that you guys are still doing something to make this transition slightly less rocky.
Which, so far, has been a pretty ****ty approach. Regional IP ban with no advance warning/notification. No access to the game. No announced publisher. Even with GOA it was dealt better than this.

Refallen

The Council

02-25-2010

Well, Riot, this is pretty much a slap in the face. Pretty much half the fun in LoL is when I play with my friends. That being said, the other half is having a good game. I'm pretty sure I'm the only SEAsian player in the upper levels of ELO - who'm I going to play with? Do I wait for the competitive scene to catch up, AGAIN? I really do love this game, but if this change goes through I'm going to quit.

YummyCheese

Adjudicator

02-25-2010

I really think this is a bad move on Riot's part. Players should have a choice. Riot has always really done their best to their community and I feel like this is going against your nature. It's really a horrible thing to do and I REALLY hope you can revoke this.

Although this doesn't effect me personally, one of my best IRL friends is Singaporean, and although neither of us live in Sg ATM, he is moving back in the near future - and therefore going to lose the account he worked hard on. Furthermore, his brother lives in Sg ATM and he simply won't be able to play with him. My friend is considering quitting NA LoL BEFORE even the new SEA servers are up, because he is talking about how 'pointless' continuing to work on his character here is.

Secondly, my friend received an email, supposedly becasue he put Singapore as his country somewhere in the sign up form, even though he doesn't live in Singapore at the time. Is he going to get kicked out anyway, even while he's NOT in SEA? This seems absurd, although I doubt it's how it will work.

Either way I think this is a VERY bad decision on my part, and no amount of money that this SEA publisher might give you is worth the pain you're doing to your community.

As a company that prides itself on being so community orientated, I was honestly surprised that you could make this mistake (again). I suppose the community outcry when you did the same thing for the EU servers did not tell you anything?

YoonieDaCutie

02-25-2010

Nice! Do you think I could have the e-mail of whoever is in charge of doing the IP blocking? (and their sympathy too perhaps)

EDIT: There'll probably be a new clause in the EULA that forbids SEA players from bypassing the blocks, but that will be our fault, not yours right?

Arkkan

02-25-2010

Does this take into consideration Americans living in SE Asia that play these games as a way to stay in touch with friends and actually play the game with people that speak english as a first language?

If this blocks these people from playing the game on the NA servers then I'll have a hard time continuing to support Riot as a company. It's completely necessary and betraying your playerbase.

If this actually blocks these people as well then this is definitely not taking care of your customers. This is not only pushes the person in SE Asia away from your game, but also means friends of theirs are likely to spend more time in other games where they are actually allowed to play together without unnecessary restrictions.

GoD FoRSaKeN

02-25-2010

Uhm... I think this is a very unfair idea, I live in NA, and i think this is unfair, infact i think the servers should be universal, it would increase playing time, because no matter when you get on, there would be a **** ton of players on at all times.

RHINO Mk II

02-25-2010

1. Why? If Riot really needed more money, please ask the players first. It's like wikipedia and any number of other community hosted servers. If you need the money, ask people to donate, or explain the situation and offer some special RP packages to help support the service.

2. No warning. Lets just kick off a good chunk of our community without telling them more than a day in advance. Oh, and by the way, they have not received any word from their new host either. Nothing on the server status, the new provider, or anything of the sort.

Please Riot or Pendragon, can you at least explain the reason that Riot thought this would be a good idea. We won't think you are greedy, self-serving [explicit language]s any more if you explain your motives than we do already for what you have done. Heck, maybe we'll even sympathize with you.

ZGBaddy

02-25-2010

Community Notifications.

Use them riot.