Poll Removed

Poll Removed 0 0%
Poll Removed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Southeast Asia megathread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

02-25-2010

Fail.

This is as big of a fail as your segregation of EU and US servers.

Not that I care that much anymore, since I rarely play, but still a bad move as it was before.

Aezur

02-25-2010

So.. Does this mean when I solo queue at night I won't be grouped with people that don't even attempt to speak english?

I can never tell if they want me to lane with them, or if they want me to gtfo.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

usually i dont give a about people i don't know, but this is really ridiculous and if it happened to me i would most definitely quit.

Mr Tibbers

02-25-2010

I have to say, I don't log in to post a lot on the forums anymore ('cuz I'm too lazy to keep relogging), but it seems to me as if people are taking this a bit too personally/selfishly. A lot of people seem to be putting down Riot because of this move and I, quite honestly, am not sure if people are taking the time to remember that Riot is, first and foremost, a company. There are decisions that they have to make to survive as a company that they may not like. I'm sure that there are SEA players that Riot employees liked to play with as well. So please, let up a bit on the "I'm quitting"/"Riot sucks!" melodrama and let it play out. We'll all see how this ends up soon enough and there's no need to fly off the handle before you've even gotten all your info.

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

There's probably not much wiggle room for discussion with a contractual agreement to IP block all SEA players so that much is pretty much settled.

Is it possible, however, to NOT delete our accounts? Like in the event that we get to access computers in different places or something. (proxi-cough cough)

And also, could we have details on what we will actually be getting in terms of refunds/privileges?

I'm pretty disappointed with this sudden decision, but I still respect the fact that you guys are still doing something to make this transition slightly less rocky.

PervertedCrab

Recruiter

02-25-2010

Though I'm not a SEA player I'm a bit upset at this. I have several friends who are SEA and now they're all going to be gone. Not to mention it seems pretty lame that they are getting such short notice on their impending IP ban.

On the issue of that ban, when are the SEA servers going to be open for Beta? It seems stupid to block them from our servers if their servers aren't even up yet.

SpyGoat

02-25-2010

If publishing the game for the SEA zone is going to increase Riot's profits, by all means DO IT.
This will make the game better for ME because they will have more money for content development.

ZGBaddy

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezur View Post
So.. Does this mean when I solo queue at night I won't be grouped with people that don't even attempt to speak english?

I can never tell if they want me to lane with them, or if they want me to gtfo.
Too bad in SEA countries, English is a mandatory class. That just means you failed to try to communicate with them.

KongKump

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If we didn't care, we would have blocked the discussions from the forums too, no?
You guys already took the FIRST step in " didnt care" and blocked us away . im sure this agreement has been discuss for quite quite some time. and u could have give us a head up? no? signed and confirm within 1 hour? BS

u have the powers in this forum if you want to block us we have nothing to say. but replying this doesnt makes me feel that u guys care. seriously

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
3 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is it possible, however, to NOT delete our accounts?
Accounts are not being deleted. We're also looking into the possibility of account transfers.

Gotta get some sleep, I'll be combing through this thread tomorrow and replying.