Mordekaiser vs Alistar the best tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-25-2010

Im starting this thread to have votes on which is better cause ive seen both tanks and here is what i realize. Alistar can aoe stun which is good , he cab pretty much go invisible for 10 secs.
Mortekaiser cant stun but i can guarnttee hell will out live alistar 10-1 with his little shield and abilties. Alistar really cant dammage but can stun, Mortekaiser can dammage but not stun.
So what do you think is better my opinion is there both good but i would pick alistar for a good team tank and mortekaiser for a bad team cause then he can push without fully relying on team.

SmecssRaege

02-25-2010

alistar also has an aoe heal, which can really make those team pushes/fights become a b it more one sided =P

(on top of being able to EFFORTLESSLY tank a tower if no creeps are nearby to do so)

my vote is easily for alistar.

Joru

02-25-2010

I would not consider Mordekaiser to be a tank at all. The job of the tank is to either draw a
disproportionately large amount of fire away from your teammates or do disrupt the enemy enough that it becomes easier for your teammates to do their jobs without dying. Alistar is quite good at the latter. Mordekaiser can't do either. The fact that you can build him for high survivability is inconsequential.

Mordekaiser is a carry. His job is to summon the ghost of the enemy's carry and do damage damage damage. It may be that he needs some mitigation items to ensure that he won't be focused down before the ghost goes to work, but that doesn't make him a tank. It makes him a carry who's immune to focus fire, but shows up late to every fight.

DryPenguin

02-25-2010

I'm with Joru, this is a silly debate because Morde isn't a tank

CARAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

This smells a bit... Trolly.

Ideaus

02-25-2010

Mordy can tank but he is so useless as one it's pointless to build him like one. Ali has initiates, early game crazy heals and 75% damage reduction while mordy has a shield.
no competition

Reidan

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz3king View Post
he cab pretty much go invisible for 10 secs.
lol

zoau

02-26-2010

ali is the tank. still you got a point when you say mordekaiser is the better "tank" for a bad team because he can be the one man army in lower elo games

keftes

Recruiter

02-26-2010

i believe the word you're looking for here is invinsible

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

He can go invisible? D: !

Now seriously... I dont consider Morde a Tank either. The fact that he can be built as a tank doesnt make him a natural tank (like Alli for sure is).