Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Few Classic Champions just got More Affordable!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elithrion

04-15-2011

Yay, three champions I own got cheaper! =D Oh wait...

Sora Kisaragi

04-15-2011

sure +1

Radwimp

04-15-2011

Riot, you need to do this more often or make them all cheaper. At the rate we get IP and the cost of runes, champions, and rune pages, one will NEVER get everything. Even if we play every single day for hours and hours, the rate at which you release the 6300 champions just makes everything futile... Seriously, consider this Riot.

bad element

Recruiter

04-15-2011

weird i must be seeing things i thought the above poster said something about galactic mundo and i was like what?!?

nvm

WetCurryFart

04-15-2011

Put more on sale Imo.
I owns these guys

Homerville

04-15-2011

This isnt in effect. They still all cost 1350

Bishmar

04-15-2011

I want my ip back....

cooldude18

04-15-2011

Finally you guys made the chraracters lower!

Dragondoot

04-15-2011

Quote:
GalacticMango: Riot, you need to do this more often or make them all cheaper. At the rate we get IP and the cost of runes, champions, and rune pages, one will NEVER get everything. Even if we play every single day for hours and hours, the rate at which you release the 6300 champions just makes everything futile... Seriously, consider this Riot.

I completely agree with this guy, Not counting first win of the day, An average 45 minute 5v5 match with a 50% win ratio gives you about on average 85 IP. Which means you have to play about 74 games to afford a new champion. Which is about 55 hours of game time. Riot, you seem to be releasing WAY too many 6300 IP champs and the sad thing is, half of them are not even that good.

The way I see it, this is going to have a negative effect overall.
1) New players are going to be overwhelmed with the sheer number of champions available and trying to learn their moves and counters
2) New players are going to have a hard time accumulating a decent number of champions to play
3) Champions are going to become unbalanced due to the number which you guys now have to review and tweak
4) Making virtually every new champion 6300 will also annoy some of the veteran players if they buy said champ and find it's not worth nearly that price. (As to not anger anyone I won't name WHO I think is overpriced but I'm sure everyone can think of a few)
5) Making so many new champs so quickly might make people wonder why no new maps have been released lately. Are riot's resources going into just making champions?

Now, I know this is partly a money making idea, make Champs expensive in IP so people will pay RP for them. Not always the case. Some people will just not buy skins and buy champions instead. And as I said before, if you alienate newer players then your overall pool of players will drop as veterans quit the game.

In conclusion I would recommend slowing down the number of new champions being released. Price them at a reasonable IP and RP cost, not just 6300, and make reducing the cost of older/overpriced champions a routine thing.

Thanks for reading

Sputtle

04-15-2011

Quote:
ForgeEmer:
do we get back our ip if we bought those champions in the past?

so you guys don't want some of your ip back?. Like if you bought malphite for 3150 in the past, wouldn't you want your 1800 ip back just to be fair?

That's not fair at all. Lets say you go to Gamestop and buy the latest CoD at $60. Then a few months later the price drops to $40. They would laugh at you, make fun of you and kick you in the teeth when you walk back in there and say "Hey wtf, I want my $20 back."