Badger Teemo Skin Will Be 50% Off for Three Days Only

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guardfather

02-25-2010

WTB a period of time where you can get your points back if you bought it shortly before it went on sale. Retail industry does it.

Yeah, another victim here. I bought badger Teemo within the last couple weeks I believe.

General Zhou Tai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Fml now i wont be the only teemo in so many games to have this skin :/

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

02-26-2010

A snake! A snake!! Snaaaake!

Dorkko

02-26-2010

So tempting! =(

Mrawl

02-26-2010

Hee haw. I'd been having a wanting -to-buy urge with my leftover riot points, for a few weeks... Glad I resisted cuz I just bought it <3

Grievous Harm

02-26-2010

Great timing for the release of this riot!

I have 154 wins on teemo and he is my most played champion!

But guess what you've just blocked South East Asia and removed my RP points I've paid for!

/fail RIOT

Grievous Harm

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
The Badger Teemo skin will be 50% off this Friday through Sunday. Mushroom, mushroom!

Badger Teemo skin (normally 520 RP), will be only 260 RP!

This sale will last for three days only, so don't miss out! Click on the Skins tab in the Store to purchase and unlock the Badger Teemo skin.
Yes you need to hurry before RIOT signs an exclusive agreement in your region and blocks your IP from the US servers too! It can happen with all of 24 hours notice!!!!!!

BankBank

02-26-2010

t33m0

Valithel

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous Harm View Post
Yes you need to hurry before RIOT signs an exclusive agreement in your region and blocks your IP from the US servers too! It can happen with all of 24 hours notice!!!!!!

This isn't developer vs consumer, there are so many factors to be considered when a decision like that is made. At first glance I can see how a lot of people would see the situation as, 'RIOT is accepting money and at the same time limiting access to their game.' When it has long been the policy of larger developers to regionalize their games' content (Blizzard/Activision, Microsoft with their Xbox Live platform, and others). The reaction to this move on RIOT's part, however, has resulted in an extreme backlash with unfounded accusations of greed/fat cattery and all that entails.

I would argue that RIOT has jurisdiction over the product they labor over, not the individual they offer it to.

But this isn't the thread for this discussion, pretty good deal for Teemo enthusiasts!

My name is Mark

02-26-2010

@RiotMarketing

Can we start calling these skin sales "Weekend Deals"? It's a much better way to package the temporary price cut versus "On sale for 3 days"...