Negative Armor/MR Bonus Damage Calculations!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZOMGWTFPWNAGE

02-25-2010

Hey everyone,

I've looked everywhere for this and i can't find it. I know everything about MR/Armor calculations so this is not a discussion about that. What i want to know is how is the bonus damage calculated for negative resistances, yes its possible to get a resistance below 0 and you can only do it by means of REDUCTION effects NOT PENETRATION effects. So would someone please clarify the formula used for this calculation and lets say my target has -10 armor and i dealt him 100 physical damage what would the bonus damage be? This has been bugging me for awhile i will love any and all who clarify this for me!

Malduk

02-25-2010

Same amount of damage that would be reduced by 10 armor is applied on top of your attack damage when your target is at -10 armor.

DoomManufact

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
Same amount of damage that would be reduced by 10 armor is applied on top of your attack damage when your target is at -10 armor.
I keep hearing that it diminishing/ascending returns. True or no?

IHelpPro

02-25-2010

Formula is:
% Deduction = x/(100+x), where X is your armor according to Riot.

This means negative armor is significant damage amplification and the League of Legend world collapses upon itself when you achieve -100 armor.

ZOMGWTFPWNAGE

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
I'm pretty sure this is not true because that would be to over powered i believe its much less than that...

% Deduction = x/(100+x), where X is your armor according to Riot.
So if my target has -10 armor formula would be -10/(100+10) is equal to -11 so is that bonus damage? so a 100 damage attack would deal 111 damage to a -10 armor target?

Malduk

02-26-2010

Well, IIRC, some guy tested it ingame. I'm too lazy to do so.

It Was Friday

02-26-2010

When armor/mr is positive,
% damage reduction = AR/AR+100

When armor/mr is negative,
% damage increase = |AR|/|AR|+100

-100 AR is less harmful than 100 AR is helpful.
-100AR = 50% more damage taken, effective health becomes 66%
100AR = 50% less damage taken, effective health becomes 200%