Corki Opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slizzle

02-25-2010

friend is argueing that phantom dancer for corki, first item after boots is the best way to go

I told him hes an idiot and thatsa bad idea, and items such as Black cleaver would be better first, but thats just my opinion, correct me if im wrong

Opinions of experienced corki players?

xahhfink6

02-25-2010

On most characters, damage is generally better to get before attack speed, as 100 damage at 1 attack per second is more than 50 damage at 1.5 attacks per second, although it depends somewhat on abilities. Certain characters have abilities that scale well with attack speed (teemo, for example) but other characters have abilities that scale well with damage or have natural sources of attack speed that dont need the AS from items (such as tristiana)

Corki fits under the second category, because one of his best abilities for DPS Corki (his gattling gun) scales with Attack power but does not gain any benefit from attack speed or crit chance, which is why items that give flat damage are much better on him, Black cleaver in particular because the armor reduction stacks with gattling gun. Another very useful item for DPS corki is trinity force, as it adds hp, mp, AD, AS, a 130% damage increase every 3 seconds, and more... but again it is not beneficial to get trinity force until you have at least one straight-attack damage item.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-26-2010

Phantom Dancer could be considered a decent 5th or 6th item, but it's not really something that Corki needs, and it's certainly not something to rush to early game.

Corki needs +Damage items to maximize the benefits of Gatling Gun, so a Black Clever or Infinity Edge will always be more effective.