Miss Fortune Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avenging Angel

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehran Fye View Post
Ok, ill try to follow the feedback guide that shurelia posted.
Pros.
  • She can travel between lanes very quick.
  • Easy to last hit minions with her AA.
  • Her spells have good synergy
  • Nice range and has a good presence while laning.
Cons.
  • Her ults feels awfully weak and the AoE was nerfed way too much.
  • Slow from make it rain, too weak, Nerfed way too much.
  • Double up, it was OP but now it kinda feels too weak.
How about you buff her ratios a bit? This way you can still use her spells without feeling like u are doing less damage by doing so.
Shurelia admits her kit is weak, so this there is is obviously a problem. I started playing this game and decided to try out MF first because she had big b... guns haha, but seriously I liked her character concept. Ever since, she has been my main after I bought her along with some skins. After a couple matches, I noticed a huge flaw with her: some of her abilites are lacking severely. At first, most people see her kit and think that it makes the "perfect carry kit" and thus say MF is fine. Not true. Let's look at the two "top" carries and their passives compared to their kits. Corki's passive allows him to deal great damage and he has an escape built in while ashe's passive crits actually contribute to her dmg output and she has RELIABLE soft CC with frozen arrows. So both of some form of reliable escape/slow and a good passive.

I feel that MF could be improved with two skill reworks:

1) Make it Rain (MiR): This skill needs a huge rework. The mana cost is way to much for what it does (or lack there of). So much potential yet it is nerfed so bad I practically feel the gimp when using it and I very rarely find it useful outside of it setting up a slow for my ult. That's is all anyone ever uses it. Honestly, I'd rather just auto attack then use this skill. The skill improvement options should include:

* Fix: Change the soft CC utility. I think it used to be 1.5-2 second slow per hit, and this would be more useful than the current 1 sec. slow it gives because the slow is so unnoticeable that most just ignore it and can close in on MF who is just better off running than using this to help escape. Increase time of slow and reduce % slow maybe for balance?

* Fix: Magic damge with AD/AP ratio scale. Add a similar AD/AP ratio scaling to the skill like her ult that takes the bigger value. The skill damage is so ridiculously low on her AD (only viable build) that the damage is almost a non-factor as it is. It would not affect her strong early game. It only helps her late game.

2) Passive Strut: I don't understand why this skill doesn't help with escape because she doesn't have one. Her passive is just too slow to justify it being fully negated in combat. The extra speed for map mobility is a bad fit on MF because she is not a champion who can just harass on her own except for tower pushing so the mobility it grants is very underwhelming, especially in any real combat situation.

*Fix: Rework the skill so MF always has slightly higher base (talking without the shoes) speed than her enemy. Possibly half speed reduction on hit instead of full reduction. Remember, she has NO escape and she can still be slowed/stunned etc.

SuperLUCK

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Okay she got buffed a bit last patch, and nerfed a bit.

How did she get buffed?
Have you seen the new price of BF swords? Don't give me that "5 less dmg" they build into the same items with the same damage for less price except IE which actually has more dmg (long overdue imo for the cost:benefit ratio it had). Needless to say that's a pretty nice buff.

How did she get nerfed?
Beyond her previous ability to harass heals usually at a risk to herself being more or less removed from anyone you can't outright beat anyways they introduced brand, a hero that should be able to totally shut down MF at ALL levels, with his generic strength and new popularity I think it's safe to say MF isn't viable in blind pick anymore, which is much worse than her heal reduction nerf.

I understand these positive things:
-MF has very high base stats putting her in a very dominant early game for a ranged dps (lvls 1-5) even though she is one of the weakest lvl 6's in the game (her weakest point).
-MF has a very nice early game harass spell with double up.
-MF has an ult that can be good in specific team fight circumstances when the enemy is lacking AR since it still scales with AD and is also good early game for pushing minion waves.
-MF's "Impure shots" spell is viable throughout the game, and promotes a damage build early followed by attack speed due to the way dps ratios work. IE if you have very high attack speed a little base dmg will increase damage more than more attack speed and vise versa. This has a nice synergy with her high base stats and supports that strong base start til late game. Regardless of heal redux it's a strong solid spell.
-Passive can help you get around the map okay during non combat times.

These Neutral things:
-MF is NOT viable for AP/AD hybrid builds (yes, quit it with those ******ed guides you weekly freebies).
-MF is NOT viable AP build, seriously? If you're gonna build her for 1 skill you got the wrong char.

These Negative things:
-Mid/late game double up becomes useless/near useless due to the way MF is to be built, the animation time slows her down a significant amount when on the move making it not very viable later game as she isn't good at sitting around.
-Make it rain is near useless from start to end game, the radius is too small, the time to cast is too long. This means when chasing it will actually NOT help you catch/slow anyone like many other chars CC skills. When ganking/trying to trap an enemy it's simply too small and easy to go around without slowing the enemy much/at all. It takes so long to cast that it's also not viable for running away. That's right a CC spell where even if you hit full performance will NOT help you escape, there's something seriously wrong with that. Beyond that, again hybrid MF is not a viable build and this spell DOES scale with AP.
-"Bullet time" ultimate is except in very rare cases, near useless. Early game it's great for pushing lanes, but as the game progresses you can plow lanes with your attack speed and damage almost as fast. This spell does not life leech which can be very important for MF, it does NOT scale with attack speed. Simply put, you do more dmg with auto attack even by mid game vs humans. The only benefit is it can sometimes do what make it rain can't which is help pick off an enemy escaping that has next to 0 hp.
-Her passive is deceptive as it can move you about the map nicely but is in no way an escape mechanism as it is too easily negated by a single hit of any kind which brings us to MF having no escape mechanisms, easy to get in, hard to get out.

This means by mid/late game MF only has 1 viable skill which used to be a dual use skill, but has recently been reduced to a single use spell.
-----------
Things I like about Miss Fortune:
I like the ability to move about and push lanes, even though it relies more on her base stats, passive, and Impure Shots than her ult which some don't realize. I like her base stats. Last but not least I like the char itself, the pirate, which is why I got her initially. The one thing she really has on tristana is her movement, which is really important for lane pushing.
------------
Things I don't like about Miss Fortune:
-She is too basic a char without real viable spells, she has one strong spell that's a fairly basic spell. She is a high base stat champion with high damage and no real "character" because of this. Simply put she performs the way I would expect a 450 IP char to perform, that first char people get with no real thought process, just a good build, and having to learn to survive, and have map awareness to survive with a char that has no escape mechanisms, low survivability, and lacking spells that work properly.
------------
If I had one word to describe Miss Fortune:
"Beta". Because it feels like she's a concept of a character that is incomplete and has spells in the works.
-----------

Question to Riot:
Why would you nerf her spell without considering other changes to this champion? I do understand that overall this patch she has been buffed due to BF sword cost, but at the same time so have her competitors (ashe, trist, cait, etc) but I feel her spells are broken. I am aware she was nerfed a lot in the past, I understand she can be difficult to play against, but if played against properly can be shut down hard, and I think that's the reason she is so gimp, because she is hard to play against, but not necessarily strong if you know HOW to play against her. Do you intend to address and possibly think about reworking her spells to make them useful again? This character is great lvl 1-5, and I have no issues with double up, or Impure shots, double up has it's time and place even if it does become negated by atk speed/impure shots late game. The other two I seriously think need reworking. Have you considered this at all? Will you be considering it? Again I DO understand her strengths but she IS way outplayed by her competition even if she is popular due to being a cool piratey char.
--------------

Changes I think should be considered:
"Make it rain" possibilities (one or two of these not all): Quicker cast speed, Larger cast radius, Larger cast range, Longer slow duration, Activates her passive instantly, AD scaling that way it affects people beyond just "making them panic". (something for those reading this to understand before checking dmg in wiki, this is very easy to avoid most of the duration of the spell due to it's small radius, it doesn't mean she's gonna be unloading hundreds of dmg from the sky)
-------
"Bullet Time" possibilities (again, things to consider not "add all of them"): Allow proc on effects including life leech (I'm aware it is mdmg), higher AD scaling to compensate for the lack of attack speed scaling, or channeling speed increase based on attack speed.

P.S. Watching you constantly 1 hit KO MF bot in the Brand live feed made me QQ

tl;dr: I do understand MFs positives but I think MF needs some minor spell changes to make the champion more viable.

If I missed anything or you feel this is inaccurate please let me know.
yea,you are right,Riot is re tard ed,usually do the incredibly unreasonably thing to give us surprize

Immortal G

04-18-2011

bump.

MrGiraffeington

04-18-2011

We need to get answers from riot. I cant let my favorite champ be trampled on without explanation.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...89#post7992589

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...652554&page=18

DarkOrchid

04-18-2011

I fail to understand why people call Bullet time useless. I still think it does solid damage for an AoE spell. Still don't understand the concept that her auto attack does more damage than her Ult. (It is suppose to and always will 1 v 1. Multi-target Ult)

Yes it can be interrupted but if you can position yourself well, it isn't too much of a problem. Very good if you have some CC to help you out tho.

Still a teamfight winning ability. I still play her now with maxing W first and building her a bit tanky nowadays with Frozen Mallet. Q is not as powerful as it once was and can be easily dodgeable.

Her abilities aren't as useful kinda like Kog who is more or less an auto attack champ too. Also where are the Kog complaint threads lol.

Her abilities could use some minor work but I don't think she needs anything major. Kog I think it in a worse position than her. He is almost never played. MF is at least somewhat played.

Also Ranged carries be UP. Ashe and Corki are the only two champs that people compare ranged carries to.
Isn't that a problem?

Aametherar

05-12-2011

Didn't call it "useless" DarkOrchid, just that something needs to be done to improve the champion one way or another. As mentioned if you look at some ranked players stats and compare for example MF to corki you will see that literally every single stat on corki will be better with a decent amount of games played on both, there is something wrong with that like it or not.

Also sorry to use you as an example Liquid112 but your corki/MF stats side by side would actually indicate that MFs E and/or passive need a buff in some way to put her more on par. You seem like a very experienced player, but when you put the stats of the two side by side the difference is quite staggering especially on the deaths which again highlights MFs lack of escape mechanism.

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

the first character i bought was miss fortune
i started about 2 month ago
if i knew she was bad i would have never picked her
played her for 4 weeks, realized shes not the best champion took me some time cause i was in denial

Starshot

05-12-2011

I don't get what's so horrid about her. I play her all the time and have great games. She puts out a good amount of damage with the right build. Make it rain has saved my life or snared an enemy more than once and bullet time is great if used in the right time/position. I don't understand why people think she's underpowered- because she was nerfed from when she came out?

Aametherar

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshot View Post
I don't get what's so horrid about her. I play her all the time and have great games. She puts out a good amount of damage with the right build. Make it rain has saved my life or snared an enemy more than once and bullet time is great if used in the right time/position. I don't understand why people think she's underpowered- because she was nerfed from when she came out?
Read the comments and you will see why we feel how we do, and as mentioned in my latest post look at the stat differences when they're both used regularly. No one said she wasn't a viable class, she is underpowered, and I got her AFTER the last changes were made to her, so I honestly don't know what she was like before.