Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Datata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

southeast Asia......thats where Phillipines is located....the land of the D.O.T.A pro players...seriously it is played one of them in LoL got pawned :P

ketchup

02-25-2010

I'm not affected by the change, but this is just reallllly odd. Considering the response when they were going to block IPs for EU(very negative), I don't see how Riot feels this is a good move. What's worse is that the community is not as close as it was during beta, so you probably won't be getting as much support from the players either if someone tries to create a petition to keep access to U.S. servers(I'd sign/ +1 such a thread). I don't really understand why a game company would FORCE their players to move without choice. Even if you try to justify that it's for the player's benefits, the lack of choice is a huge turn off for most gamers. I sincerely do not understand why such a decision was made. Hope they keep the "freedom" there, and make it the player's choice to move. That's really the most important.

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

bye karthus, bye corki, bye blitzcrank, bye twitch, bye Anivia and buy thier 3 runes!

Kayamacaron

02-25-2010

What about people that bought a game disk?? How will we be refunded?? What about exclusive skins like Corki, Rammus etc that we have on our accounts??? Will we get those too?

Really need some clarity on this or else I'm sure there are many that would feel quite screwed over.

Kyuuya

02-25-2010

I bet a large number of SEA players are from closed beta

Karyuudan

02-25-2010

Well guess asian dudes will now have they own server , Bye Bye Asian dudes =P

Hope Rion don't make any agreement with South America ><", cuz i dont want to lose my IP ,XP , runes , champs, time , friends , pff....

Kyuuya

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyuudan View Post
Well guess asian dudes will now have they own server , Bye Bye Asian dudes =P

Hope Rion don't make any agreement with South America ><", cuz i dont want to lose my IP ,XP , runes , champs, time , friends , pff....
But we just did T.T

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

southeast Asia......thats where Phillipines is located....the land of the D.O.T.A pro players...seriously it is played one of them in LoL got pawned :P

i agree with datata because i'm from Philippines to! people here play DOTA anywhere!

Yashied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Players from the region who have spent money will have the entirety of their cash purchases refunded to the original payment source.

When servers from SEA open, you will need to download a new client specific to the region, and you'll be able to repeat purchases.
What if someone from there used a riot card how would that be refunded and also wouldn't it be a lot better to just migrate the SEA accounts to the SEA server when it's open? Cus I feel all the current SEA players will hate Riot for making them start as summoners lvl 1 all over again + the amount of influence points made by this players, I mean it's not just about the money refund it's about their hard work all the countless hours of gameplay to accumulate IP, Runes, Wins/Loss ratio, etc. I think migrating their accounts is the way to go to make the customers happy.

Just my 2 cents

P.S: don't ever make a South America server plzzzzzzz

JasonSimulation

02-25-2010

Please do not ban us until at least the SEA publishers' servers are up. The ban just came without warning. What are we gonna do till then?

And like someone mentioned, what about those who Pre-Ordered or had bought RPs or have their exclusive skins?