Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

This is a silly move on Riot's part. SEAsians are more than happy to play on NA's servers, even with potential lag.

I should add that stopping people from connecting to the NA servers is just discouraging people from playing the game altogether. If the local providers offer a better alternative, players from that region would naturally gravitate to them. Artificially creating these barriers just frustrate the playerbase.

Caergrim

02-25-2010

Horrible execution, but that's Riot for you.

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

I'm from Philippines it's fine for me to have SEA servers because of lower latency and better playing. the only thing bothers me is the rune and ip i have spent. i hope i will get refund of it. not in for my riot points that i have spent for bundles and skins. you know i'm so addicted to this game including my cousins and brothers. so please riot give us consideration pls make those heroes rune that we have unlock in NA to be also available in SEA servers. Happy gaming to all and more power Riot! This is really better than DOTA. We even quit playing DOta because of this game.

SiKiN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2010

So many questions need answers....
Most importantly with such a huge deal being done here why not tell people when they are receiving the emails, or even list what countries you classify as South East Asia because that region has alot of half n half countries.

Taking a hole account away from someone is like saying you dont give a rats ass, you should atleast transfer the details over. Funny story, if you did that to someone in your own country for no reason they could Sue you and win.

madroxthree

02-25-2010

oh god i hope this extends to the philippines.

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

it will also give us a 5 hrs download for the new client again?!

ChaosLoki

02-25-2010

wtf???? Does that mean all the xp and ip that i took so long to grind will be wasted ??? Why block us from playing NA server ??? Shouldnt we be given a choice to choose our server ??? I like playing LOL very much but if this is how RIOT does things i am quiting .
I am from Malaysia , so what if u decide to have a Malyasia server ??? I'l have restart and grind back all my xp and ip????

Xyun

02-25-2010

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that this is a very poorly thought out move. There is a huge number of players in North America and South East Asian who are friends and relatives with each other. Riot is going to lose a lot of players with this move to other games with better business decisions (such as HoN, sadly).

Please do not repeat the same mistakes several other game companies have made. There is still time for you to rethink banning SEA IPs.

P.S. For whatever it's worth, I'm a NA player.

Clifferd

02-25-2010

this is unfair. u just blocked them without noticin us.
i dont have any communication with my LOL friends except for this game~
anyway.. i think this is not fun at all same as before. iono~

Leonhahahaha

02-25-2010

Well,SEA doesnt include The Peoples Republic of China do ye?
But now we can not login the NA server in China,How do u explain about it?

We all like LOL very much and have lot of friends in NA like americans and canadians,so if u do this,we have to say goodbye to them.GJ RIOT