Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adamcakez

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnV Sinister View Post
Methinks you should work on stabilizing the servers you have before setting up new ones.
think about it. they remove all the asian market from the NA servers and suddenly alot of strain will be lifted. thus there wont be so many hardware failures because the servers arent as over crowded

tianx

02-25-2010

Meh, what about all those hours spent on grinding for IP for runes and champs? Does that mean we'll have to grind 100+ hours again to get enough IP for full rune pages again... Just after that double-double IP weekend, if I knew that you were planning to do this, I wouldn't have spent my whole weekend playing

BaconMouthJoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2010

OMFG YES. I support this so much it makes my sack tingle.

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

02-25-2010

Deja vu?
GOA?
More money this time?

Nubiaterising

02-25-2010

Sounds like in the long run a good idea. It will be interesting to see how it works out. I am wondering what differences there will be though. Will it just be mostly a languages a change? or change to the game itself?

S0nic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by anv sinister View Post
methinks you should work on stabilizing the servers you have before setting up new ones.

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrn!

Ronger

02-25-2010

It seems I've not yet received an email. @_@ I'm from the Philippines lol.

Edit:

About the refund, will the IP and Exp be refunded too?

I'm playing for free, and I've not bought any of the content, so will I get the IP refund for the heroes I've bought?

This s*cks if it doesn't.

CakeOfPeace

02-25-2010

im also from australia and while im aware it wasnt listed i would appreciate some clarity/reasurance from someone who would officially know, will australia remain as part of the NA servers?

DeadDonkey

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzminkey View Post
The segregation of the severs will help localize languages and thus create better cooperative communities overseas.
You don't have to segregate the player base to localise the language. Riot could implement a language or country filter option in their MM system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzminkey View Post
The competitive scene will still be viable as we can compete on the US servers. I'm sure Riot and others will host international invitational League of Legends tournaments in the distant future to keep the international competitive community alive and kicking.
But how can SEA players compete on the US servers if they can't get access to it? Or am I missing something?

FuYA

02-25-2010

LoL is getting pretty popular. Me Likes alot. Hopefully with Asians playing we should be able to start setting up the ranking system to later have global competition.