Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Averiox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Wait a minute. I'm confused. Does this mean players in Southeaast Asia can no longer play starting today? Is the SEA server already up?

Pwntatochipz

02-25-2010

Wait if Southeast Asia servers merge with North America, how the hell would be communicate? Think of that before you start trolling about segregation.

TehOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

New publishing deal = more money.

More money = more resources.

More resources = more for us.

(thumbs up)

DeathByPockets

02-25-2010

Question for someone from Riot: My understanding is that this does not affect us players from Australia and New Zealand, (despite the fact that geographically, we're about as south and east as you can get in Asia) and we will continue to be hosted on the U.S. servers. Is this correct?

Cynic Jester

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwntatochipz View Post
Wait if Southeast Asia servers merge with North America, how the hell would be communicate? Think of that before you start trolling about segregation.
Probably in English. You know, the language we're using right now. The language those SEA players who are currently playing on US servers use.

Gale

02-25-2010

Woot!

Bigger player base means Riot gets more income which means they can expand more and make the game better

Pigmancer

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByPockets View Post
Question for someone from Riot: My understanding is that this does not affect us players from Australia and New Zealand, (despite the fact that geographically, we're about as south and east as you can get in Asia) and we will continue to be hosted on the U.S. servers. Is this correct?
No, they're going to force you to play on servers that are dominated by languages other than English... Yeeeaaaah!

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

Can explain to me further sir because i bought already bundles for my 5000 riot points and some runes and heroes. you mean i can still use those things that i have unlock.

Other thing is are Southeast asian players going to donwload new client? or we are going to use the old client then it will redirect to us to SEA server?

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Other thing is are Southeast asian players going to donwload new client? or we are going to use the old client then it will redirect to us to SEA server?
Players from the region who have spent money will have the entirety of their cash purchases refunded to the original payment source.

When servers from SEA open, you will need to download a new client specific to the region, and you'll be able to repeat purchases.

sick4paradise

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnV Sinister View Post
Things seem to be going fairly slowly right now as it is.
Wat.

12345612 ... 22