Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maximuskain

02-26-2010

Hey its official we can still play in EU servers, at least if you have a decent DSL connection.

Those that have high levels in US can level up in about 1 week of playing there since low level games host A LOT of noobs. I'm sure you will hear GODLIKE over and over again.

Party on people.

Atrainftw

02-26-2010

Oh get real everyone, lets be honest here. Business > Loyal fans. Because in the end no matter how many loyal fans you have it wont bring you out of a bankruptcy. Let riot do what it pleases. Also, racism ftw.

kisr10

02-26-2010

I can't edit my post since I can't get to it so I'll post it here:

and for God's sake people, why are you asking for new skins, champs, maps, etc. from them? That's the job of other people from Riot.

For i am Death

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuskain View Post
Hey its official we can still play in EU servers, at least if you have a decent DSL connection.

Those that have high levels in US can level up in about 1 week of playing there since low level games host A LOT of noobs. I'm sure you will hear GODLIKE over and over again.

Party on people.
hold on, u mean we(SEAsians) can still play on this server instead of the SEA local one?
if so... where's your proof...

For i am Death

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisr10 View Post
Actually I agree with this post and do you know why? that's because I actually know why you need to use local servers in some places in SEA.

Personal Example: I came from the Philippines (Now I'm in CA) and yes there's a very large DotA playerbase there and with so many computer shops there, anyone with cash can play DotA most especially online but the biggest problem is we can only play locally in the Philippines.

Try playing to with/against another country and it's a guarantee that there will be a serious lag problem all around since internet connection there is piss poor in comparison to here (try 50kbps - 100 kbps download speed with a direct connection. 30 kbps wifi for some reason.).

and even so, we still have somewhat unbearable lag problems depending on who hosts and who forgets to stop downloading/uploading something before they play.

why I do like this is because Riot can actually afford good servers to handle games rather than a makeshift computer having to handle games which is what we garena players in PH do and that means it's not dedicated.
Your selfish. You agree because your no longer in SEA so it doesn't really affect you and you don't really care. Well how about the other Filipinos much like yourself who would love to play internationally but cant get out of the country? Imagine yourself still stuck here(Ph) and you hear this news, would u still agree? i dont think so....

Jedo

02-26-2010

i won't go as far as to argue with the people who have made friends in the NA servers since they should have been warned that their ip would be blocked

*as for some complaints by SEA players who will be losing all the IP due to this incident.. yes it sucks that you will all be losing your IP but at the same time you'll play with less lag and finally play locally with people around the same time zone

*also, to those STILL wondering about RP, it will be refunded (someone posted about it on the first few pages)

Jedo

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgame View Post
Wht fck?
Can I have my choice which server I wanna go to without playing with proxies?
[s]My rights of LoLing has been stripped off me until the new servers go live =<[/s]
Not cool, Riot. Not cool at all.

edit:
I can still login. YEAH!
not to be mean or anything... but that's like saying you should have a choice on where you should be born

if you like the North American server so much, apply for citizenship

Jedo

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by For i am Death View Post
Your selfish. You agree because your no longer in SEA so it doesn't really affect you and you don't really care. Well how about the other Filipinos much like yourself who would love to play internationally but cant get out of the country? Imagine yourself still stuck here(Ph) and you hear this news, would u still agree? i dont think so....
what's so bad about having SEA players playing in SEA servers anyway? :/

a few years back i was still in the philippines and i have to agree with the other guy when he said that the connections were piss poor (in comparison to other countries ofc).. but i never really had many complaints with lag in any online game i played :3

so back to my question, whats so bad about a local server? :3

1337pwnzzors

02-26-2010

i do not support riot's actions but i do not want to add to the enormous QQ this thread has generated so let me share some thoughts.

1) if we play with players around the same time zone, that means gamers who stay up late to play will have problems with matchmaking because there will probably be a lack of players.

2) even if they manage to start a game, i am pretty sure matchmaking will be unable to group players with similar skill levels together properly because there arent enough players online. hence, 1 sided games.

so that means matchmaking has to be removed or else players will be able to choose thier games which is pointless. which means alot more complications.

For i am Death

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedo View Post
what's so bad about having SEA players playing in SEA servers anyway? :/

a few years back i was still in the philippines and i have to agree with the other guy when he said that the connections were piss poor (in comparison to other countries ofc).. but i never really had many complaints with lag in any online game i played :3

so back to my question, whats so bad about a local server? :3
sigh.. like i said... if u were still here in Ph would you still stand by those words? its easy for u to say coz ur not affected... all im saying is... it should atleast be a choice... not forcefully localizing us...