Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UchihaWalid

02-26-2010

this do not affect me but I think this is poorly done by you guys...

Moromoro

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawix View Post
stop whining and let riot do what's they think is best for their game?
>.< Thawix is from belgium, i wonder how will he feel if his account is being deleted >.<

I believe many people has already voiced out their main concerns and some of us hope to stay with the friends we made during the course of the game. Some of us put in our hearts to promote this game and voted for it.

Riot is really not making a very wise decision

maximuskain

02-26-2010

Sigh.... all good things cannot last alas. i agree though that maybe you can keep our account alive at least until the BETA release of the SEA servers please so we can keep on playing?

Good thing I got an EU account but its not the same as US servers especially in how fast we can play on que.

I'm sure I'll be playing in the Asian servers though, I'm just not happy that we are kicked out of the US servers before the SEA servers are up.

Ofunniku

02-26-2010

Instead of giving us a choice of playing SEA LoL or NA LoL, you're forcing the former upon your players? I know that most deals like this include a requirement that all SEA players be prevented from playing on NA servers, and this is just flat-out wrong.

I know people who would happily play both, SEA for local games and potential riot card availability, and NA for competitive international play with friends overseas.

Forced region restriction is not the answer.

RaverSiell

02-26-2010

not really a wise decision. seriously, not letting us play LoL for a while would lose our interest on playing it. eventually, we'll find another game and get addicted to it and not play LoL..

if we were to transfer to SEA Server then let us have our runes, level, and all our stats transferred. seriously, you can't refund the time, and the experience we have in this server.
having us transferred is like stripping us away from everything and just kick us out.. which is really bad, compensating us with some exclusive content isn't really that good, 500+ games/runes/level >> content

and considering this event was really sudden.. sigh.

Yashied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

I think Riot should seriously consider making a unified client were players all over the world may login and choose the region they want to play with, weather it's NA, SA, Europe or Asia. I mean it's not that hard to do such thing, and should only allow players to use the store on their own region servers to have their partners happy, this would allow ppl from all over the world to play who ever they want and whenever they want ~~u also allowing for international competitive gameplay and organized tournaments for ALL THE WORLD not just a local community.

For i am Death

02-26-2010

what the F... seriously man this is uncool... cant we have like a poll on this? why the hell would we want to be localized? i didn't learn english so i could play with asian people... how does this make it better? its going to be harder to communicate with players! not the other way around... all the players will speak in their own native tongue! we dont have an international dialect at asia... u'll lose alot of faithful LoL fans trust me... this is really a dumb move. this is going to be an epic fail...

RatBoweR

02-26-2010

I feel cheated. You have cheated me of my LOL NA friends, hours that I spend lvling to 30 and most important the thought that Riot is not racist but international.
If an asian wanna play on a asian server, dont you think all of us asian will already done it with the many asian games that we have?
I thought Riot will be different but guess money talks and thats why u selling the rights to another publisher. Business come 1st before loyal fans right?
well you can keep the money I spend on riot pts as I am moving to Heroes of Newerth.

ZeroTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Attention, League of Legends players!

Riot Games has signed a distribution agreement with a publisher in Southeast Asia! While we cannot yet reveal the specifics, we are extremely excited at the prospect of being able to offer a higher quality experience to players in this territory through our new partner.

Through this partnership, we will be able to offer Southeast Asia its own, unique League of Legends experience. In addition to a localized client, we aim to be able to provide increased accessibility to Southeast Asian players through features and promotions specifically geared towards the residents of this region. We also hope to advance League of Legends to many new players in the area, including a large number of veteran DotA players.

Unfortunately, this does mean that, as of February 25th, players located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, and the Phillipines will be blocked from the North American servers as part of our publishing agreement. All of these players have received a refund in full for any purchases they have made, and each has received a personal email from Riot Games explaining the situation, and offering a code redeemable for additional exclusive content once their local servers go live.

We believe that this will be an exciting opportunity for League of Legends to achieve even greater success in a new market, and to provide a high-quality, competitive gaming experience to a much larger number of Southeast Asian players.
Well Riot...Congratulations, your going to make a LOT of money. But WTF...is this the reason my avg que time went up by 2-3 minutes? I would really appreciate it if you would at least come back to us with some of that new money.

I want better MM, new skins for ALL of the forsaken heroes you've been ignoring. I want more items, I want to see new game modes, New maps, and you might as well make a new game mode for MM with the Asian folk or your going to have a FEW pissed of individuals.

Thanks RIOT for the great game, but don't ignore this post please. Really...

I call upon the gamers of EVERYWHERE to give this post some positive rating so RIOT knows I am not alone in these thoughts.

kisr10

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Attention, League of Legends players!

Riot Games has signed a distribution agreement with a publisher in Southeast Asia! While we cannot yet reveal the specifics, we are extremely excited at the prospect of being able to offer a higher quality experience to players in this territory through our new partner.

Through this partnership, we will be able to offer Southeast Asia its own, unique League of Legends experience. In addition to a localized client, we aim to be able to provide increased accessibility to Southeast Asian players through features and promotions specifically geared towards the residents of this region. We also hope to advance League of Legends to many new players in the area, including a large number of veteran DotA players.

Unfortunately, this does mean that, as of February 25th, players located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, and the Phillipines will be blocked from the North American servers as part of our publishing agreement. All of these players have received a refund in full for any purchases they have made, and each has received a personal email from Riot Games explaining the situation, and offering a code redeemable for additional exclusive content once their local servers go live.

We believe that this will be an exciting opportunity for League of Legends to achieve even greater success in a new market, and to provide a high-quality, competitive gaming experience to a much larger number of Southeast Asian players.
Actually I agree with this post and do you know why? that's because I actually know why you need to use local servers in some places in SEA.

Personal Example: I came from the Philippines (Now I'm in CA) and yes there's a very large DotA playerbase there and with so many computer shops there, anyone with cash can play DotA most especially online but the biggest problem is we can only play locally in the Philippines.

Try playing to with/against another country and it's a guarantee that there will be a serious lag problem all around since internet connection there is piss poor in comparison to here (try 50kbps - 100 kbps download speed with a direct connection. 30 kbps wifi for some reason.).

and even so, we still have somewhat unbearable lag problems depending on who hosts and who forgets to stop downloading/uploading something before they play.

why I do like this is because Riot can actually afford good servers to handle games rather than a makeshift computer having to handle games which is what we garena players in PH do and that means it's not dedicated.