Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nivled

02-25-2010

Pendragon,

Quick question. I'm currently stationed in the US, but I'll be back in SE Asia at the start of new year. I want to keep playing LoL... what options do I have?

Thanks.

th15

02-25-2010

In case anyone cares, it won't help with language barriers much because each of the countries have different official languages. Vietnamese speak Vietnamese, the official language in Malaysia is Bahasa Melayu, though granted they're generally pretty fluent with English. Official language in Singapore is English (Queen's, at that) though majority of the population speaks Mandarin on a day to day basis. I don't know what they speak over in the Philippines, Tagalog? I'm not sure. Either way, not English.

Some of you guys have had bad experiences playing with non-English speaking teammates. It's about to get a whole lot worse for us over here. But honestly, in the end, if they refund me, I don't really give a **** either way.

SGBoss

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOni5 View Post
I'll miss the US server...
I'll miss playing with americans and the many people out there...
I'll miss everything about playing LoL in the US servers...
When LoL was still epic... =.=

I mean seriously, playing LoL in the asian servers won't really give the same fun and experience as compared to plying globally.
Oh great, and I get to play with maple fanatics in Asia, how exciting...

Well anyway, congrats Riot on the money you're going to earn =X
I'll just sit by and watch as the time flows...

Oh and by the way, HI PEOPLE
Just a guess from me the distributor to be asiasoft dont wanna ppl have the idea asiasoft leaking the info out though. Its just my guess.

But yes this game already lack of competitive play as oppose to their direct competitor HON by banning IP basically they make it worst.. If u play HON u will notice the many types of different countries server to choose from to create a game

SumTinWong

02-26-2010

wow... they tried that **** with the eruopean players and nearly lost a HUGE part of their community~ now they are trying the very same **** with asia players

... the only thing that comes to my mind is... SCUM!

MrLuLu

02-26-2010

bad...decision RIOT....just Bad!!!

LunaSling

02-26-2010

Just a few reminder to: League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

1. Gaming relies on addiction,
2. Human adapt well
3. Internet is open.

So, if you starve us too long without LoL, we will eventually find other games to attach ourselves to.

PS. Personally, I think we should at least be informed about which publisher and when the SEA server will be up. Without information, and my withdrawal symptoms about to start showing, I am already scouting for other games.

Phenoom

02-26-2010

Ok, so i am reading so many of these posts, and a lot of people comlain about bad servers and why should we get news ones ( a logical argument). Now you have the other less intelligent people who say " be grateful riot is giving you a free game). These people are under the dillusion that Riot games is a charity and that our of the goodness of their heart they made the game free. The people who think so , i am sorry to say are rather stupid ( saying it mindly). Riot games like any other companies has a bottom line. TO MAKE MONEY, u dont think that before they made this game they thought of how to introduced such an awesome game and MAKE SURE that it catches on.
It is hard in this day and age to get anyone hooked on a single idea, there are always more gaems to play or gimics to get you to play the game. The best way for Riot to make money was to make this game free. Without the ability for the game to be free, there would prolly be 10% of the peoepl we have now.
Sure some will say "well if they made me pay i would"...but would you have bought a game that only 1 in every 100 people has ever played before it become popular.
The reason i am saying this , is because i read throgh forums and i see legitimate concerns of the people playing this game. ( Server down times). Now we then have that one uneducated person that says " STFU THE GAME IS FREE STOP WHINING".

I do love this game and Riots marketing concept is stunning, a perfect way to make the game available to a multitude of people. However this is a secondary goal. By making this game free they understand how many people will buy the game and how many people who started playing for free might want a skin or a champions pack. The examine all of this information and come to the conclusion that the BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY is to make the game "FREE" (but not because their CEO is Ghandi)

Btw Riot this is not a bash at you, every company needs to make money and should make money if they have a good product, which u have. This is just for all the people who are under the dillusion that you spent countless hours creating a game that yields you, because everyone at Riot sleeps in a cardbox and only wants to give back to the E-Community.

Rocima 640

02-26-2010

What happens to my pre-release Annie and Alistar skins? Also Rammus for BETA and UFO Corki? Are you going to compensate us for that? How about all the support you got from SEA players through your development stage and start-up? Can you compensate for that too?

Funny... you support a game/company by buying the pre-release on blind faith, take the trouble to introduce/advertise the game to family, friends and colleagues, then when they're stabilized, they turn around and do this. Very nice of you, Riot.

I suggest to would-be players in China, Australia, New Zealand, South America to get the commitment from Riot before signing-up and before getting your friends etc to sign-up too, that they won't do the same to your country. They have a strange way of showing gratitude for support.

ZippoBolter

02-26-2010

You GOT to be kidding me. So far i've been very happy with all of the updates (started around when nidalee was introduced), but this pisses me right off. I cannot beleive you would do this. You obviously do not understand how this effects your customers. The very people who voted for riot to win your awards. We do what we can to support your game and its growth and you turn on us and make such an important decision knowing it will have a huge and negative impact on a large part of your community. I will give you a very valid reason why im absolutely chocked that you would do this.

I live in canada. I used to play a garbage online 2D mmorpg where I met someone from singapore and we became friends ever since. We have played and tested out games until we found one we both loved. That game is League of Legends. I met him when I was 13. I'm 18 now. You have absolutely no idea how much this pisses me off. I finaly got a great group of friends together who are interested in one of the few games I enjoy and now you have to seperate us? We suddenly have no way to continue playing this game together now at all? Cant you make an international LoL server or something? Or perhaps everyone beyond a certain date is allowed to keep their accounts and continue?

This is just MY personal story and how it will effect me. As for the rest of us? I'm sure there are many others who will be effected by this in a negative way. This is the most selfish action by riot so far and i'm extremely dissapointed in this decision.

thawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

stop whining and let riot do what's they think is best for their game?