Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisnaethMKIV

02-25-2010

This is really disappointing news.

I'm from the Philippines and I already have lotsa international friends. Does this mean I can't play with them anymore? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

This announcement was really abrupt and to think the servers aren't even up yet for the SEA area. I haven't received my refund yet for buying RP points.

I hope they let us have the option to transfer our accounts into the SEA server. I wouldnt mind having to start over again but I kinda like my old accounts. And why the sudden IP block when the new servers arent up yet? LoL withdrawal symptoms... ACTIVATE!

on a serious note though, is there any way for RIOT to reconsider their decision on blocking the SEA countries mentioned until the new servers are up? I mean, we can still bear with some lag but it's better than not having to play at all right? Can't we at least have a petition to do just that?

Volf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

"If you segregate the player base like this, how do you expect people to run competitive international tournaments like we see in DotA?"

??

Tournaments would be held like normal?? Dota was Nz/aus only for me.... so idk what you're talking about really, LoL is more competitive internationayl then Dota... Going to be anyway

JurisnaethMKIV

02-25-2010

There are still a lot of unanswered questions from the thread and I hope RIOT can find the time to answer the most important ones. We, especially the SEA players, really need the answers right now. We feel like we're being left in the dark.

Waldgeist

02-25-2010

IP bans are unequivocally and unjustifiably evil. If you or your partners want players to use other servers, you have to entice them with a better experience, not force them through sheer violence. Shame on everyone involved in this decision.

HaveYouGotMilk

02-25-2010

I come from Vietnam.
IP and XP, the mean compared to the friends that I will lose
tNky, TKUCE, KangKing, nsplayer ...
I do not know a chance meet you last

Tania Mae

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emberfrost View Post
This is strange. I can still login.
Is this already in effect? I don't want to start playing and lose all the IP I'll be earning.
I think they meant PST time, not our local time. So yes you can still log in before their midnight.

WILLIAM cmy

02-25-2010

Is Hong Kong, China players need to be moved to the SEA server? Riot please reply.

BuwayaCS

02-25-2010

No, I don't want this. How will I be able to play with friends who are in different places of the world? I see this as a decline on fun on my part and makes me not want to play the game anymore.

WhiteOni5

02-25-2010

I'll miss the US server...
I'll miss playing with americans and the many people out there...
I'll miss everything about playing LoL in the US servers...
When LoL was still epic... =.=

I mean seriously, playing LoL in the asian servers won't really give the same fun and experience as compared to plying globally.
Oh great, and I get to play with maple fanatics in Asia, how exciting...

Well anyway, congrats Riot on the money you're going to earn =X
I'll just sit by and watch as the time flows...

Oh and by the way, HI PEOPLE

Tania Mae

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuwayaCS View Post
No, I don't want this. How will I be able to play with friends who are in different places of the world? I see this as a decline on fun on my part and makes me not want to play the game anymore.
I agree. It's a turn off. There are waaaaaaayy too many games already that cater to just the SEA region. LoL was our chance to play internationally, yet now they're going to take it away from us.