Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KongKump

02-25-2010

this is STUPID. i've spend like close to 80-100USD and playing Since open beta to lv 30 and to know that im gonna lose all these. and i have to restart from lv 1 and play again another 3-4 months? WTF RIOT.

Suggestion : just block new registration from asia IP and let those already have account to continue play on NA server.

As far as im concern. ( at least for me) i like playing with ppl around the world and not just limit myself to asia..

This is a disappointing news. ive just purchase morkaiser double skin bundle for all that matters this already sunk my interest in playing LoL further.

Tenderballz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

what the hell???

how can this come as a complete and utter surprise? No warning at all!

Worst part is us SEAsian players are now stranded with NO WAY to play the game until the SEA servers come online. God knows when that will be.

When they do, it'll be beta phase all over again with bugs and crashes. Oh wait...that is STILL happening in the US servers.

Sigh...we SEAsians have been royally screwed.

/wave @ all my buddies.

Lord Sirrus

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KongKump View Post
this is STUPID. i've spend like close to 80-100USD and playing Since open beta to lv 30 and to know that im gonna lose all these. and i have to restart from lv 1 and play again another 3-4 months? WTF RIOT.

Suggestion : just block new registration from asia IP and let those already have account to continue play on NA server.

As far as im concern. ( at least for me) i like playing with ppl around the world and not just limit myself to asia..

This is a disappointing news. ive just purchase morkaiser double skin bundle for all that matters this already sunk my interest in playing LoL further.

It isnt the RP issue bro. They will give full refund.

the issue is that we are all back to lv0 with no runes

We have to play our way out of Fail noob island back to where our ELO rating is.

Expect Lots of rage and afkers/feeders when every1 is all kicked back into low elo....

Tenderballz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moromoro View Post
Come on Riot,

at least try to move our accounts over to the new server. Everyone appreciate your effort in trying to refund us the money and give us a nice redemption code BUT there is no way you can compensate the time and friendship we have build in this current server.

The least and i mean the LEAST you can do is transfer our accounts over to the new server.

As you can see most of the post here is really about the time and effort that we spend in leveling up and accumulating influence points for runes. And as a form of support, some of us bought riot points even though we could use the free route.

At least do us players a favor and transfer our accounts over. I know its tedious, however if you offer an OPTION that we can pay to transfer our account, I am sure that many of us will not mind paying to do it. At least, we players skip the initial grinding grinding growling weeping leveling stage.

May our voices be heard.

It should not be an OPTION. Account transfer to the new SEA servers should be given to us free. We've given Riot so much support cos we love this game to death. Now in one fell swoop, Riot is gonna kill a good chunk of their fan-base.

What happened to the communication??

SGBoss

02-25-2010

If you want to know if your countries affected under the SEA agreement..

Think how many game distributors will distribute english playing games in SEA.. Unless they going to update LOL to chinese languages or other languages than i think there maybe a few well known chinese distributors worthy of it.. If not I bet my money on being asiasoft the infamous company who make maple story famous by introducing free to play but pay and pay for buying in the shops

Asiasoft business model suit 100% to what riots offering now.. So I bet Asiasoft will be the distributor!! So if asiasoft really the distributor then i can bet 100% the below countries will be block since asiasoft operates mainly in

Thailand (Their HQ)
Singapore
Malaysia
Viet

Assasinates13

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We're leaving access to the forums open for communication. Additionally, if you strongly feel like you want to send a message (with contact information or otherwise), send an Email to support@riotgames.com with the details of who you want it sent to, and I'll personally forward it along.
Mr. Pen, we want to let you know that we DO NOT WANT TO INTERACT WITH THEM THROUGH JUST THE FORUMS. The greatest reason I've been playing this game is because of the interaction IN-GAME. Hope you understand that. Oh, and tell the SEA server providers that they have to transfer everything and set up everything in less than 2-3 days because currently in MY, there is a 3-day continuous holiday period so.... Hope that happens since I've supported you from day 1 but slowly drifted away from you, so not keeping up the good work would be a bad thing.

Assasinates13

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGBoss View Post
If you want to know if your countries affected under the SEA agreement..

Think how many game distributors will distribute english playing games in SEA.. Unless they going to update LOL to chinese languages or other languages than i think there maybe a few well known chinese distributors worthy of it.. If not I bet my money on being asiasoft the infamous company who make maple story famous by introducing free to play but pay and pay for buying in the shops

Asiasoft business model suit 100% to what riots offering now.. So I bet Asiasoft will be the distributor!! So if asiasoft really the distributor then i can bet 100% the below countries will be block since asiasoft operates mainly in

Thailand (Their HQ)
Singapore
Malaysia
Viet
For the record, I don;t like Asiasoft. Sorry

Peacemaker

Recruiter

02-25-2010

Price of Anivia - 6300ip
Price of Ice Toboggan corki - 1820rp
Price of earning awesome buddies and shouting at each other during games? Priceless

my 2 cents
(i wrote like a whole paragraph before and i got logged out when i sent it -.-)

Emberfrost

02-25-2010

This is strange. I can still login.
Is this already in effect? I don't want to start playing and lose all the IP I'll be earning.

I'm from the Philippines and have purchased the pre-order in the US as well as purchased Riot points in the store. Am I affected?
Btw, how will you refund my preorder since I bought it from Gamestop in the US.

Thanks.

Aeronica

02-25-2010

Oh man I'm surprised so many people actually thinks there will be a change of language for the SEA version. In case you guys don't know, English is the dominant language here and most of us will find it impossible playing a game that is not English.

Still, it is kind of a disappointing news to know that we don't have a choice to play with players from other parts of the Earth, that's nothing more than a local area network. And it is not like we are suffering any serious latency issues here, most players lag due to their own internet limitations.

Anyway, let's see how it goes, probably most of the current players will quit playing, but probably they will see more new players too.