Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serpentongue

02-25-2010

Honestly, I feel like shooting myself right now.

I'm Singaporean, and what I really enjoyed about LoL is that we get to interact with people from all over the world. I have in-game friends from USA, Slovakia, the Netherlands, and many other countries.

Are you telling me that I would no longer be able to communicate with them? Are you telling me that I would not be able to at least say goodbye?

Would it not be better if we could still have access to the NA server while the SEA one is open? That seemed to work when the EU server was launched, so I don't see why that won't work now.

I am sorely disappointed.

Kyuuya

02-25-2010

Its just gonna be another DoTA thing. Lets hope the community doesn't turn to an Elitist community. But still Thanks Riot for making me grind my IP and XP day and night !. Kindly look into the issue of transferring accounts :c

VKyrin

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentongue View Post
And with the gun laws, you can't even do THAT right!

Maqueeh

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moromoro View Post
Come on Riot,

at least try to move our accounts over to the new server. Everyone appreciate your effort in trying to refund us the money and give us a nice redemption code BUT there is no way you can compensate the time and friendship we have build in this current server.

The least and i mean the LEAST you can do is transfer our accounts over to the new server.

As you can see most of the post here is really about the time and effort that we spend in leveling up and accumulating influence points for runes. And as a form of support, some of us bought riot points even though we could use the free route.

At least do us players a favor and transfer our accounts over. I know its tedious, however if you offer an OPTION that we can pay to transfer our account, I am sure that many of us will not mind paying to do it. At least, we players skip the initial grinding grinding growling weeping leveling stage.

May our voices be heard.

totally agree with you dude! this is a better option transfer our accounts!

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:

I'm Singaporean, and what I really enjoyed about LoL is that we get to interact with people from all over the world. I have in-game friends from USA, Slovakia, the Netherlands, and many other countries.

Are you telling me that I would no longer be able to communicate with them? Are you telling me that I would not be able to at least say goodbye?

Would it not be better if we could still have access to the NA server while the SEA one is open? That seemed to work when the EU server was launched, so I don't see why that won't work now.

I am sorely disappointed.
We're leaving access to the forums open for communication. Additionally, if you strongly feel like you want to send a message (with contact information or otherwise), send an Email to support@riotgames.com with the details of who you want it sent to, and I'll personally forward it along.

Popiah

02-25-2010

i wish at least riot should allow us to carry on playing till the SEA servers are up!! this will allow a better transition.
what about our current accounts?riot should allow us to transfer our accounts.SO MUCH of our time wasted on farming ip and exp.wouldnt want to start from scratch again.TIME IS MONEY!!!

Moromoro

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
if this was happening to me i would most definitely stop playing.
If nothing is done, i will just advise peepz not to play this game anymore. So much time put in, and all gone to waste.

So one day we can also get our account deleted from asian servers also, why bother putting in so much effort again.

If riot can freely delete our account, so can the asian servers.

I played World of Warcraft for so many years. Even if i stopped my account, they won't delete it. And now riot is really setting a bad start for asian players.

People from gaming industry will know about this incident to use as an example of how insecure it is to play games from Riot. It is all about the money not the community.

SGBoss

02-25-2010

2 ways i can think of right now.. wait for them to announce whose the SEA distributor and ask the distributor to request to have our accounts transfer over (some technical difficulties required but i bet can be solved) and let the distributor know how upset are the players from SEA who now got block to US servers.

You think they USA riots will now care about us when they already have agreement with the SEA distributors when obviously SEA players are now not their customer anymore. We can only pressure the SEA distributors to take into accounts their future paying customer request and demands

And if all else fails just fark off from LOL and all riots games and find better playing games.

And i bet some of the SEA distributors maybe looking at this thread to know about our concerns and hope our voice can be heard.

As for me i think I will give this game a pass and continue HON for now and hopefully get back my refunds. Even when SEA server started wont be playing as I hate how a country like USA when they talk so much about human rights can basically just prevents players from playing from other countries without even informing in advance and basically just "ALL SEA players are IP ban as of now"..

I believed this issues will spurs alot of interesting topics across alot of SEA game forums and really the distributors basically getting alot unhappy customers from how USA riots handles this issues rather than supporting customers. And this in turn will have a negative impact when they launch this game in SEA especially when this game still have a direct competitor HON..

Goodluck LOL and goodbye freidns from LOL see you guys in HON

davidwyeung

02-25-2010

Question to riot, is Hong Kong affected? THanks.

Foopreaux

02-25-2010

As a faithful LoL player in Malaysia, I'm glad to hear that the partnership has been made, and this brings some pros and cons.

Firstly, we won't be able to play with the Americans and Europeans and ****? But where's the fun of just beating people in my own region? And that means we going to only have competitions in the region. And I made friends with people in America, and now we won't be able to game with them?

Secondly, what? Does that mean I won't be able to LoL for awhile? That bites, really that does.

The only thing I see that benefits us from this is the ability to buy Riot Points, and improved latency(which wasn't such a big problem in the first place).

I don't get it Riot. Can't we still have a unified client for LoL?