Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActRaiser

02-25-2010

League of Legends, taking over the world 1 region at a time. Hopefully this is how wars will be settled in the future

hohums

Software Engineer

02-25-2010
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByPockets View Post
Question for someone from Riot: My understanding is that this does not affect us players from Australia and New Zealand, (despite the fact that geographically, we're about as south and east as you can get in Asia) and we will continue to be hosted on the U.S. servers. Is this correct?
Australia is still on the US servers.

Joovie88

02-25-2010

I think this could be cool as HELL!! on the different servers they could sell different things, and then host world competetions, where the queue groups you with your country vs. others!!!

there could be USA skins and other countries, help us know who we're dominating.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
ok I just checked my email.. seem like paypal refund me the money i pay for 5000RP which is 35usd which i bought yesterday 24/2/10 10pm singapore time. But they never refund me the pre order bundle i bought on the same date at about 9pm using paypal as well..
You'll be getting a second refund. If you have any issues with refunds, please Email support@riotgames.com

Runneresc

02-25-2010

Another bad move from RIOT...

Cons
- SEA gamers will probably lost all our hard work reaching level 30 and start from scratch. Thank you very much
- Lost all my international friends I have made
- I can't swear in my language and getting people saying wtf you just said!
- it's going to be another boring regional DOTA thing...

Pros
- Decreasing lag time
- More money for Riot (or maybe not if you are losing us)

Lord Sirrus

02-25-2010

i spend USD $ 89.99 for this game....

I hope i get the full refund with not a single cent less even when u guys have to convert it back to SG $$...i want an exact amount convert with no freaking Tax from my bank convert. I dont care if u have to add in some $$ to pay for the convert fee, I should not be on the losing end of this deal

Nobe

02-25-2010

As you stated, you will refund ALL transaction being done from day 1 in FULL.

I had only receive half of it. I make 2 time payment of 35 USD, but only received one 35 usd refund?

Kindly explain how the refund is being carried out? Is it on batches based on transaction date?

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

if this was happening to me i would most definitely stop playing.

Moromoro

02-25-2010

Come on Riot,

at least try to move our accounts over to the new server. Everyone appreciate your effort in trying to refund us the money and give us a nice redemption code BUT there is no way you can compensate the time and friendship we have build in this current server.

The least and i mean the LEAST you can do is transfer our accounts over to the new server.

As you can see most of the post here is really about the time and effort that we spend in leveling up and accumulating influence points for runes. And as a form of support, some of us bought riot points even though we could use the free route.

At least do us players a favor and transfer our accounts over. I know its tedious, however if you offer an OPTION that we can pay to transfer our account, I am sure that many of us will not mind paying to do it. At least, we players skip the initial grinding grinding growling weeping leveling stage.

May our voices be heard.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
5 of 7 Riot Posts

We're looking into potentially transferring accounts. A response will take a couple days but I'll keep everyone posted.