need help with soraka items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarrSupport

02-25-2010

i really dont understand what items i should get for soraka. should i get the reccomended ones? my build right now is(dunno if its good or not)
1.astral blessing
2.infuse
3.infuse
4.starcall
5.astral blessing
6.infuse
7wish
8. random from here on(really depends on if the person im sticking with needs mana or hp more)

if someone could give me some advice it would help alot. ty in advance

PoohBear26

02-25-2010

I've only played her a few times, but I say anything focused on Cooldown reduction is a must. Mana regen doesn't appear to be an issue, because of spamming infuse.

If I had to take a random stab at a build with her, I'd probably do this:
1.) Sapphire Crystal
2.) Boots
3.) Create Catalyst
4.) Create Merc/Swiftness Boots (Merc if other team is full of disablers, otherwise swiftness)
5.) Create Rod of Ages
6.) Work on creating Glacial Shroud or Another Catalyst
7.) Create Frozen Heart (if you went with Glacial Shroud) OR Innervating Locket/Banshee's Veil (If you went with another Catalyst)

Also, heres a good list of guides that I'd recommend you browse through. There's A LOT of information out there.

GOOD LUCK!

BarrSupport

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear26 View Post
I've only played her a few times, but I say anything focused on Cooldown reduction is a must. Mana regen doesn't appear to be an issue, because of spamming infuse.

If I had to take a random stab at a build with her, I'd probably do this:
1.) Sapphire Crystal
2.) Boots
3.) Create Catalyst
4.) Create Merc/Swiftness Boots (Merc if other team is full of disablers, otherwise swiftness)
5.) Create Rod of Ages
6.) Work on creating Glacial Shroud or Another Catalyst
7.) Create Frozen Heart (if you went with Glacial Shroud) OR Innervating Locket/Banshee's Veil (If you went with another Catalyst)

Also, heres a good list of guides that I'd recommend you browse through. There's A LOT of information out there.

GOOD LUCK!
thxm that link helped alot

Knork

02-26-2010

Hi, I played over 100 games with Soraka. What works best for me by far is to get Rylai's and Boots of Swiftness. Usually in this order:

- Amplifying Tome
- Giant's Belt and Blasting Wand (order depending on how much i need the extra HP on the belt)
- Small Boots or complete Rylai's (order depending on what I can afford on the port back)
- Boots of Swiftness
- Soulstealer
- Zhonya's or armor

I love Rylai's for the slow and always miss it when i try a different set of items. Generally I skip cooldown reduction for as much AP as i can get (go full AP at lvl18 with my runes).
There are certainly a few effective ways to play Soraka. But for me Soraka is all about the big heals that keep the team rolling. Have fun playing the Starchild

BTW my summoner spells are Clarity and Flash and my skill build goes something like:

(1) Blessing
(2) Starcall
(3) Starcall or Infuse depending on how much mana i spent
from there I try to get Starfall to lvl3 asap for early harassing and killing creeps. After that I max Blessing with as much Infuse in between as is needed. I take Wish (1) at lvl10 and Wish (2) at lvl11 Wish (3) as soon as it's available. (The only exception is a Karthus on the other team).